You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 647 

Re: Izzy

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

James is right though. It seems when I say things like reunions won't feature CD & VR, I get all kinds of shit about how "Slash won't do this", "Slash won't do that"... blah blah blah.

Then he'll sit his ass at home, while Izzy & Duff make a ton of money.

Get the idea?

He'll do whatever Mr. Rose tells him to do. Bottom line. Axl is GN'R, face the facts. The man has NO PROBLEM going out on tour with a different lineup as Guns N' Roses. See 2001-02/2006-07. 22

Also see the setlists....


ONLY reason he threw us any bones was to insure the hardcores went to the shows. While only getting a few CD tracks, he dug extremely deep into the old discography by playing such non essential tracks like Think About You, Down on the Farm, etc. Hell, hardcores were screaming for Prostitute in Los Angeles but they played LALD instead.

He knows what butters his bread in the big picture.

You think those same hardcores are gonna scream for Prostitute on a reunion tour? No, they're gonna scream for Estranged, Coma, or Locomotive.

James
 Rep: 647 

Re: Izzy

James wrote:
cindyscrazy wrote:

Izzy coming back would make me SO much more happier then hearing that Slash were coming back.  Personally, I don't think Axl and Slash could work peacefully ever again.  That's my opinion!! Don't flame me for it!!

Izzy on the other hand, is absolutely the coolest.  I've loved that guy from the beginning and was blown away when I got to see him perform with GNR at the Hammerstein.  My brain blew up, it was great.

When I heard about this I literally got tears in my eyes.  I SO hope it turns out to be true!!! big_smile

Good to see you here. 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Izzy

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

James is right though. It seems when I say things like reunions won't feature CD & VR, I get all kinds of shit about how "Slash won't do this", "Slash won't do that"... blah blah blah.

Then he'll sit his ass at home, while Izzy & Duff make a ton of money.

Get the idea?

He'll do whatever Mr. Rose tells him to do. Bottom line. Axl is GN'R, face the facts. The man has NO PROBLEM going out on tour with a different lineup as Guns N' Roses. See 2001-02/2006-07. 22

Also see the setlists....


ONLY reason he threw us any bones was to insure the hardcores went to the shows. While only getting a few CD tracks, he dug extremely deep into the old discography by playing such non essential tracks like Think About You, Down on the Farm, etc. Hell, hardcores were screaming for Prostitute in Los Angeles but they played LALD instead.

He knows what butters his bread in the big picture.

You think those same hardcores are gonna scream for Prostitute on a reunion tour? No, they're gonna scream for Estranged, Coma, or Locomotive.

Axl touched on this in '99. In his opinion, the majority of the concert-going audience, connects with Appetite. That's want they want to hear. Some Illusion tracks, yes, but it's probably more connected with the diehards. He also alluded to the fact it's difficult for him to play UYI tracks, because what he hears is a band "breaking up". It's emotionally difficult. Notice the five Illusion tracks that have been played in the new era, two are covers, and the other three were written well before "the fall".

What people forget, is it doesn't really boil down to CD. It boils down to what Slash & Duff have done post-Guns. They assume the audience just loves their work. They 'might', just like old Gunners 'might' love CD... but in reality, if the reunion were to happen, people would want to start BACK at 1993, and just break out the eraser on last 15 years of all their careers.

And personally I would agree. Think "Use Your Illusion III" and go from there.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Izzy

gnfnraxl wrote:
cindyscrazy wrote:

Izzy coming back would make me SO much more happier then hearing that Slash were coming back.  Personally, I don't think Axl and Slash could work peacefully ever again.  That's my opinion!! Don't flame me for it!!

Izzy on the other hand, is absolutely the coolest.  I've loved that guy from the beginning and was blown away when I got to see him perform with GNR at the Hammerstein.  My brain blew up, it was great.

When I heard about this I literally got tears in my eyes.  I SO hope it turns out to be true!!! big_smile

Izzy coming back is so much more important than Slash or Duff coming back.  Izzy and Axl create magic together when writing songs.  Here's to hoping it will materialize.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Izzy

Mikkamakka wrote:

Hollywood Rose wasn't that great. Without Slash, AFD would have been a bulk of Anything Goes and Think About Yous, with no Jungle, no SCOM, no PC, no Brownstone etc. Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are all essentials. I'd like to add Steven, but he'll never be able to do a tour or record an album.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Re: Izzy

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

VR is the only project that Slash got a platinum album

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere & Contraband both went platinum.

21

Neither Snakepit album even sniffed platinum

Slash claims it went platinum on his website, but it never even went gold according to the RIAA.  I think I'll side with the RIAA in this argument

The thing opened at #70 on the Billboard albums charts and never climbed.  So people should put this nonsense to bed right now.  The album didn't even come close to platinum regardless of what Slash says

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Izzy

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Hollywood Rose wasn't that great. Without Slash, AFD would have been a bulk of Anything Goes and Think About Yous, with no Jungle, no SCOM, no PC, no Brownstone etc. Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are all essentials. I'd like to add Steven, but he'll never be able to do a tour or record an album.

No they're not. CD is released in a week.


Seriously, you old Gunners need to re-read the memo, then read it again. Only Axl is an essential. Now if you believe that GN'R died in 1993, that's your personal belief.

But in reality, GN'R went on (in a limited fashion) with Axl & Dizzy teamed with a whole new group of guys.

Axl will get sponsors, label support, management, and at least 2/3 recognition as - Guns N' Roses.

I know you believe, what we all believe, that GN'R was Axl, Slash, Duff & Izzy... but in Axl's mind - he's GN'R.

GN'R = NIN

Axl = Trent

He's the only non-replaceable member of the band. I can honestly say that if Axl died, and left the GN'R name to Izzy in his will, then Izzy teamed up with Slash, Duff, Matt & Dizzy, and hired a new lead singer, called it Guns N' Roses.... I would NOT go see it. 'Cause it ain't GN'R without Ax.

Axl is traveling around on the name, that Axl, SLASH, DUFF, IZZY & STEVEN built. Funny, nobody had these issues when Steven was fired. When Izzy left. I didn't see any "it ain't GN'R without Popcorn" signs.

CD, an album over a decade in the making, is being released in a week. Slash & Duff should've just STAYED. They had no reason to leave. They had equal shares (no ownership tho) in profits. If they'd just done their thing, shut the fuck up and let Axl do his, sat back and recorded and collaborated on Axl's time table, they could've done ALL THEIR SHIT, solo work, VR, all that shit... and STILL been apart of GN'R.

They - fucked - up

'Cause now, when their solo careers are going downhill and VR is dead... Axl will still have GN'R. He'll survive.

They burnt bridges for no reason in the long run, except an estranged friendship and a loss of money. Smooth...

Axl is the essential. I wouldn't have said that, if it weren't for the fact that Axl turned around and REPLACED THEM with more talented and capable musicians (Bucket, Ron, Tommy, Brain).

In 15 years, even if a reunion is around the corner, Axl proved himself the victor. And if that reunion happens, the slightest slip, the least little bit of them getting out of line - bucket

22

shotgunblues1978 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

VR is the only project that Slash got a platinum album

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere & Contraband both went platinum.

21

Neither Snakepit album even sniffed platinum

Slash claims it went platinum on his website, but it never even went gold according to the RIAA.  I think I'll side with the RIAA in this argument

The thing opened at #70 on the Billboard albums charts and never climbed.  So people should put this nonsense to bed right now.  The album didn't even come close to platinum regardless of what Slash says

I knew 5:00 going platinum, sounded weird. No way that drink coaster went platinum.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

Re: Izzy

Other than the housekeeper,what makes anyone think Izzy is coming back to GNR? Oh and that Mysteron type fella dropping "clues"

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Izzy

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Hollywood Rose wasn't that great. Without Slash, AFD would have been a bulk of Anything Goes and Think About Yous, with no Jungle, no SCOM, no PC, no Brownstone etc. Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are all essentials. I'd like to add Steven, but he'll never be able to do a tour or record an album.

No they're not. CD is released in a week.


Seriously, you old Gunners need to re-read the memo, then read it again. Only Axl is an essential. Now if you believe that GN'R died in 1993, that's your personal belief.

But in reality, GN'R went on (in a limited fashion) with Axl & Dizzy teamed with a whole new group of guys.

Axl will get sponsors, label support, management, and at least 2/3 recognition as - Guns N' Roses.

I know you believe, what we all believe, that GN'R was Axl, Slash, Duff & Izzy... but in Axl's mind - he's GN'R.

GN'R = NIN

Axl = Trent

He's the only non-replaceable member of the band. I can honestly say that if Axl died, and left the GN'R name to Izzy in his will, then Izzy teamed up with Slash, Duff, Matt & Dizzy, and hired a new lead singer, called it Guns N' Roses.... I would NOT go see it. 'Cause it ain't GN'R without Ax.

To me, Axl is the most essential member. His voice is one of the most unique ones in rock music. 3 members of the UYI version of GN'R put out some pretty solid stuff with Contraband but their lead singer sucks ass and they were missing the key ingredient that always put GN'R over the top compared to other bands. The guitar work on CD that I've heard is good enough to me that I feel Axl doesn't need the other members as much as they need him. Bucket's TWAT solo is as good as anything Slash has ever done. Meanwhile, Scott Weiland never stacked up to Axl and never will. Very few rock singers can stack up to Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Izzy

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl is irreplaceable. Slash is not.

Period.


Just look at the Bucket arguments people have. Why? Because for the first time since Izzy, GN'R has a guitarist, they simply cannot be replaced on any level. He's one of a kind. He brings a uniqueness to the material. Izzy was never replaced after '91. Bucket, thankfully his work is still on CD, was never replaced since 2004. And i'm not talking about Ron. He's talented as hell. But watch those 2001-02 shows with Bucket. Bucket carries Robin's ass on almost every show. Ron stood apart from Robin in 2006-07, but that Bucket contribution still felt missing.

If you were to have a lineup of...

GN'R
Axl
Bucket
Bumble
Izzy
Tommy
Brain
Dizzy
Chris

That'd probably be the most talent the GN'R name has ever seen.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB