You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

downliner wrote:

Was just updating Robin Fincks bio to give a mention that Robin was removed from the GNR myspace page. Re-reading the GNR.com update the band stated:

GunsNRoses.com wrote:

When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN

Whilst the update was back in April this recent removal from myspace could indicate that a tour is being planned smile

Ditto was downliner said!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd hope a tour is being planned, if just for some new (hopefully HQ) boots.

Fuck yeah...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Trent Reznor wrote:

11.15.08: Welcome, Ilan!

With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

Stay tuned for some 2009 tour announcements soon.

posted by  trent reznor at 6:09pm

If anyone needed proof that Finck is really gone, well there it is.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If anyone needed proof that Finck is really gone, well there it is.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Tired of watching that asshole screw up Slash's solos on tour. Hopefully either there's a reunion or Axl gets a new guitarist that can play both the new material AND the classic Guns stuff. I don't even know why Robin was ever allowed to touch Slash's SCOM solo.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

Hmm,Freese,Finck, any other NIN-ers that Axl can go out and get?

James

James wrote:
SHAQisonChiDem wrote:

Hmm,Freese,Finck, any other NIN-ers that Axl can go out and get?

A better question would be are there any current or former GNR members that Trent is interested in?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A better question is why are they trading off average musicians to begin with?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I am wondering though if this Finck and Reznor thing has been in the works for a while... You had Trent showing all the GNR related pictures on his website, while Robin was acting and looking like some stoned out hippie "Rock Star" that he wasn't. It was clear he was just playing a role. Maybe a big 'fuck you' to all the GNR fans who have been giving him shit all these years for being a "goth freak." Personally, I think it was all a big in your face to Axl from Trent knowing that Robin was about to ditch the band and Axl not knowing.... With possibly Robin waiting out a contract and giving some of the assholes in the GNR world who wanted the cliche "traditional rock star" on guitar wat they wanted at the same time as giving his version of a Cartmen, "Neh neh neh neh neh."

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A better question is why are they trading off average musicians to begin with?

I am wondering though if this Finck and Reznor thing has been in the works for a while... You had Trent showing all the GNR related pictures on his website, while Robin was acting and looking like some stoned out hippie "Rock Star" that he wasn't. It was clear he was just playing a role. Maybe a big 'fuck you' to all the GNR fans who have been giving him shit all these years for being a "goth freak." Personally, I think it was all a big in your face to Axl from Trent knowing that Robin was about to ditch the band and Axl not knowing.... With possibly Robin waiting out a contract.

As far as Trent goes, I think he's just a fan who has been fascinated by this whole bizarre saga just like all other GNR fans. Obviously he's in a slightly different position, but I doubt there's some sort of ulterior motives. He could have really fucked this project straight up the ass by taking Bucket away in 2001-02.

You do make valid points about Finck. The guy has always had that goth look to him, except for his final couple years in GNR. 06-07 wasn't his 'natural' look. The moment he bails on GNR, he's back to his same old shit. I have nothing against someone looking how they want, but when you're obviously presenting yourself in a way that isn't natural to you, it makes the whole thing so inauthentic. People can bitch and moan about top hats and buckets all they want, but at least those two don't back off from what they want themselves presented as.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He started growing his beard in 03/04 though, there was pictures of him on his website, on holiday touring different parts of the world, looking like a hobo.

Didnt he say to someone he wasnt going to shave until GN'R released CD?

I dont think he grew a beard as part of some weird ceremony, taunting GN'R fans about his secret oath, signed in blood with the devious Trent Reznor.

Mabye he heard the final mixes to Chinese Democracy and thought "What da fuck is this shiiiit????! TAXI!!!!!"

"Trents house my good man and step on it!" 3

Board footer