You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Izzy

Sky Dog wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe you do need to break out that list because besides "Anything Goes" and "Think About You" I can't see CD topping AFD.

your posts scare me....my two least favorite tracks off afd are those two songs. However, AFD is one of the best hard rock albums of all time. No question. Chinese is only comparable to UYI. It stands up nicely with those two albums.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Scare you?

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree with you a large majority of the time...

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ah. Well great minds always think a like.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe you do need to break out that list because besides "Anything Goes" and "Think About You" I can't see CD topping AFD.

Jungle > Democracy
Easy > Shackler's
Nightrain > Better
Out Ta Get Me < Street of Dreams
Mr. B > If The World
City < TWAT
Michelle < Catcher
Think About You > Scraped
SCOM > Riad
Crazy < Sorry
Anything Goes < I.R.S.
Rocket Queen < Madagascar (I agree this is a personal opinion - by far)

This I Love & Prostitute are better than anything on AFD, with Jungle & City coming very close to competing with it.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Wow. Now I see you chose Axlin08 as a username. You have your own opinions and I can respect since we are fans of the same band. But to tell you the truth I wouldn't take any of the new songs except for maybe two the way you lined it up. Pains me just doing that. These new songs are good and some are great but they just don't stack up to Appetite. In that list you posted I would agree with IRS and maybe Scraped. This I Love and Prostitute in my opinion are not that good to be better than the whole record.

I do support the new band and enjoy their music and I have no bias towards any era or version either. Just base it on the music.

Got me a little off topic so I'll leave it at that. 5

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Jungle > Democracy
Easy > Shackler's
Nightrain > Better
Mr. B > If The World
City < TWAT
Michelle < Catcher
SCOM > Riad
Crazy < Sorry
Anything Goes < I.R.S.

This I Love & Prostitute are better than anything on AFD, with Jungle & City coming very close to competing with it.

1. Jungle > CD
2. ISE > Shackler's
3. Nightrain > Better
4. Out Ta Get Me > S.O.D.
5. Mr. B > If The World
6. PC > TWAT
7. Michelle > Catcher
8. Think About You > Scraped
9. SCOM > Riad
10. Sorry > You're Crazy
11. I.R.S. > Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen > Madagascar

This I Love and Prostitute are both great but we can't compare them to any songs on Appetite in track order since AFD only has 12 tracks.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Jungle > Democracy
Easy > Shackler's
Nightrain > Better
Mr. B > If The World
City < TWAT
Michelle < Catcher
SCOM > Riad
Crazy < Sorry
Anything Goes < I.R.S.

I really am at lost of words.  Only thing I can say is that I so disagree with you on everything in that post except maybe Think about you Vs Scraped.  I ain't saying CD won't be a good record cause I have yet to heard the final mix and I haven't heard Scraped, This I love and Sorry.  CD has the potential to be a good record that may be able to contend with the Illusions records but AFD?  Me thinks you're way too caught up in the excitement of
this new album.  But to each his own I guess.

Edit: You too Tej?

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah that's a good point. We are all guilty of excitement I guess. We need to let the songs settle and the album to actual come out before you can seriously put it against older songs.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

ummmm apples and oranges?

Board footer