You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Izzy

tejastech08 wrote:

1. SCOM
2. WTTJ
3. PC
4. Rocket Queen
5. Nightrain
6. Michelle
7. It's So Easy
8. Brownstone
9. Out Ta Get Me
10. Think About You
11. You're Crazy
12. Anything Goes

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe you do need to break out that list because besides "Anything Goes" and "Think About You" I can't see CD topping AFD.

Jungle > Democracy
Easy > Shackler's
Nightrain > Better
Out Ta Get Me < Street of Dreams
Mr. B > If The World
City < TWAT
Michelle < Catcher
Think About You > Scraped
SCOM > Riad
Crazy < Sorry
Anything Goes < I.R.S.
Rocket Queen < Madagascar (I agree this is a personal opinion - by far)

This I Love & Prostitute are better than anything on AFD, with Jungle & City coming very close to competing with it.

This is my breakdown and I am gonna be as objective as I can.
Jungle<CD: Jungle comes on top but CD is really close.  Easily tops many songs on the Illusion records and could've made the AFD record easily.

Easy<Shackler's: Ain't even close.  Shackler's is a good song but falls way short here.

Nighttrain<Better: Again not even close and although I am not a fan of Better I always said it has it's high moments and could top many Illusion songs and as well as Think About You, Crazy and Anything Goes.

Out Ta Get Me>Street Of Dreams: This was not a fair battle but I'll give the nod to SOD here.

Mr B<If The World: Not even a close one.  If the World is good but not that good.

City<TWAT: This along with the Jungle Vs CD was a very good match.  TWAT is VERY GOOD but City is just a tad better.

Michelle>Catcher: I'm judging this by the first leak of Catcher since I haven't heard the final one yet.  Another close one but I'll give the nod to Catcher by a hair's breadth.

Think About You>Scraped: Haven't heard Scraped but I'm pretty sure it can easily be better than Think About You.

SCOM<Riad: Not even close.  Most even matched songs that you can have.

Crazy>Sorry: Haven't heard Sorry but I can see this be better than AFD's version of Crazy.

Anything Goes>IRS: IRS gets the nod by a hair's breadth and that ain't a compliment for IRS

Rocket Queen=Madagascar: 2 excellent tracks.

Final breakdown AFD:6  CD:5 and one tie.  CD is a very good record close to AFD but not quite there.  And like I said I was as objective as I could.

You have your signs backwards. > means "greater than" while < means "less than."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Maybe you do need to break out that list because besides "Anything Goes" and "Think About You" I can't see CD topping AFD.

Jungle > Democracy
Easy > Shackler's
Nightrain > Better
Out Ta Get Me < Street of Dreams
Mr. B > If The World
City < TWAT
Michelle < Catcher
Think About You > Scraped
SCOM > Riad
Crazy < Sorry
Anything Goes < I.R.S.
Rocket Queen < Madagascar (I agree this is a personal opinion - by far)

This I Love & Prostitute are better than anything on AFD, with Jungle & City coming very close to competing with it.

This is my breakdown and I am gonna be as objective as I can.
Jungle<CD: Jungle comes on top but CD is really close.  Easily tops many songs on the Illusion records and could've made the AFD record easily.

Easy<Shackler's: Ain't even close.  Shackler's is a good song but falls way short here.

Nighttrain<Better: Again not even close and although I am not a fan of Better I always said it has it's high moments and could top many Illusion songs and as well as Think About You, Crazy and Anything Goes.

Out Ta Get Me>Street Of Dreams: This was not a fair battle but I'll give the nod to SOD here.

Mr B<If The World: Not even a close one.  If the World is good but not that good.

City<TWAT: This along with the Jungle Vs CD was a very good match.  TWAT is VERY GOOD but City is just a tad better.

Michelle>Catcher: I'm judging this by the first leak of Catcher since I haven't heard the final one yet.  Another close one but I'll give the nod to Catcher by a hair's breadth.

Think About You>Scraped: Haven't heard Scraped but I'm pretty sure it can easily be better than Think About You.

SCOM<Riad: Not even close.  Most even matched songs that you can have.

Crazy>Sorry: Haven't heard Sorry but I can see this be better than AFD's version of Crazy.

Anything Goes>IRS: IRS gets the nod by a hair's breadth and that ain't a compliment for IRS

Rocket Queen=Madagascar: 2 excellent tracks.

Final breakdown AFD:6  CD:5 and one tie.  CD is a very good record close to AFD but not quite there.  And like I said I was as objective as I could.

My personal opinion is Rocket Queen & You Could Be Mine are tie, with a slight hair's breath being given to Madagascar to take the cake. I love all of them, but Maddy just speaks to me.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Oops Sorry Tej.  So I guess we see eye to eye on certain things then.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Oops Sorry Tej.  So I guess we see eye to eye on certain things then.

Actually you and Axlin08 seem to have a pretty similar view on the CD songs vs. AFD songs. My view is staunchly in favor of AFD. The only 2 that match up well for CD are "Sorry" against "You're Crazy" and "IRS" against "Anything Goes." And it's not that I don't love the CD stuff, it's just that AFD is a classic and there would be no CD without AFD. And I would take the likes of Nightrain, It's So Easy, Rocket Queen, and My Michelle over the best of what CD has to offer, including the likes of Sorry, Better, and Prostitute.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Name sells.

of course it does. Unfortunately, Axl owns it due to the complete ignorance of his former band members.:|

More like due to the drunken/drugged stupor that they were in for pretty much the entire time the old band was together.

Don't forget about greed.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

With all the Izzy-lovin going on in this thread I thought I'd throw this in here, saves gathering dust in the TWAT section tongue

Bring Back Izzy For Guns N Roses Tour
By Tim Brouk

Of all the four letter words Axl Rose has used in his life, there is one that can easily boost his uncertain rock star status: Izzy.

With "Chinese Democracy" set to hit Best Buy stores Nov. 23, how pop culture will be affected by what was once one of the most anticipated rock 'n' roll records in history is a mystery.

Of course, a full-scale Guns N' Roses reunion would dispel any question that Rose could not reclaim his thrown atop rock 'n' roll. But bridges are burned and those bridge ashes have been buried and then blown up with dynamite between Rose and most former Guns members -- whether the original or the "Use Your Illusion" era.

However, fellow Lafayette native Izzy Stradlin (Jeff Isbell when he lived in Lafayette) has always seemed to handle Rose the best. Their relationship is dissected at length in the 2008 biographies "W.A.R. -- The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose" by Mick Wall and "Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses" by Stephen Davis.

I interviewed both authors and they found Izzy to be the epitome of cool. Izzy was always my favorite since I first saw GNR on videos, TV shows and in the pages of Circus and Rip magazines when I was in middle school. Izzy always hung in the back with his cigarette dangling from his lips, effortlessly strumming his guitar. His look was inspired by New York Doll Johnny Thunders, who influenced Izzy and a million other guitar players' styles in the 1980s. Izzy dressed differently and acted the most together of all the Guns, despite his battles with drugs and the occasional arrest (darn those long lines for an airplane bathroom).

Izzy has rejoined Axl for live shows since he left the band in 1991, right before the Rose circus reached its height. He filled in for Gilby Clarke in 1993 and then played numerous shows in 2006 with the 21st century Guns who barely resembled anything that crawled out of the Sunset Strip in 1986.

Living in Lafayette for the past eight-plus years, I sometimes forget that GNR's most rabid fans are not just in Lafayette. Guns' is somehow still a global phenomenon. If the band wasn't still thought of, "Chinese Democracy" would have been scrapped 10 years ago.

Even if "Chinese Democracy" is run through the mud by critics, a tour with Izzy in tow would be enough to satisfy fans. While not having Slash start those familiar chords to "Welcome to the Jungle" is tragic, having Izzy lead his classic "Mr. Brownstone" would be just as amazing to many fans.

Just like he did more than 20 years ago, Rose needs Izzy to get him to the rock god status again. He needs him now, perhaps, more than ever.

Source: Lafayette Journal & Courier

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Amen to that.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

FYI

I posted a message on this subject over at the official Izzy Stradlin board, beenafix.com, and it was quickly deleted.

I got a polite note from one of the mods there basically saying that Izzy does not like his private life discussed.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

FYI

I posted a message on this subject over at the official Izzy Stradlin board, beenafix.com, and it was quickly deleted.

I got a polite note from one of the mods there basically saying that Izzy does not like his private life discussed.

Yeah, we know its bullshit. Also, it should be removed since like you said the main Izzy sites(chopaway and beenafix) do respect his privacy, so this site will as well. However, it got hijacked into a normal discussion so we let it stay knowing it would eventually get buried..........until you bumped it.:haha:

Board footer