You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: IF CD doesnt outdo Contraband

elmir wrote:

sure, it is a lot...but i have a feeling that this guy was thinking about that photo for some time already....and couldn't wait to get it done...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Hell theres one guy on MyGnr proudly displaying his 35 copies that he's bought. What a stellar investment! Bet he couldnt even get his Dr Pepper.

are you serious!?

some peopel have too much $$$ and not enough brains 10

Not sure if it's the same guy, but I read a comment from someone explaining why they bought so many copies.  He worked for a radio station or something to that effect and he planned on giving a bunch out as prizes.  Just helping to spread the word and wealth.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

35 copies?

The only thing I could imagine he'll use them for is stocking stuffers for BOTH sides of his family, their kids, and his friends and their immediate family.

Jesus...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

If CD outsells Conbtraband it was supposed to. If Contraband outsells CD fans will say sales don't matter.  I don't think so.  You can't have it both ways. Funny how evertone was so interested in the sales but suddenly alot of "sales don't matter" comments are popping up. Some real obvious backpeddling going on. We all know there's a shit load of fans that are dying for CD to crush Contraband in sales so they can say "told ya so the fans have spoken. They like Axl more and blah blah blah".  If Contraband outsells CD than it's either one of two things. The general public liked Contraband better or the General Public is simply more interested in Gn'R without Axl than they are in Axl without Gn'R. BUt of course than fans will say VR had the entire Gn'R fanbase along with the STP fanbase buyng that album. 16 The excuses are endless

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Sales matter for the future of this new band and Axl's deal with the label. If this doesn't meet expectations, Axl may find himself on a tighter budget and a smaller list of people who can/will work on the follow up.

I think the fact that Slash, Scott, Duff, Matt, and the other guy were out there, doing shows, interviews, making appearances was a bit deal.

Axl's retreat inside his mansion makes it appear he is running away from this record.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
killingvector wrote:

If this doesn't meet expectations, Axl may find himself on a tighter budget and a smaller list of people who can/will work on the follow up.

you make it sound like thats a bad thing.... 16

that would prolly be the most benificial thing to ever happen

look at TWAT for example

14 different people contributed music to that track

6 guitarists
2 bass players
2 drummers
3 keyboards
1 Piano
1 mellowron
1 sub bass
5 peopel worked on the orchestra
2 on horns
2 on choir
3 Background singers
and the lead vocals

honestly thats a bit much...the song's great but c'mon now 14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if CD doesnt outsell contraband then sales dont matter...if it does out sell it then everybody knew that GnR would be much more succesful than VR

If CD doesnt win a grammy then awards dont matter...if it does then the material is getting recgonized for its greatness

ya know.....kinda along the lines how Slash was a sellout for being on GH3 then when Axl put new material on RB2 then he was a genious

Funny shit there Neemo!  You nailed it.  Karma for you!

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

If CD outsells Conbtraband it was supposed to. If Contraband outsells CD fans will say sales don't matter.  I don't think so.  You can't have it both ways. Funny how evertone was so interested in the sales but suddenly alot of "sales don't matter" comments are popping up. Some real obvious backpeddling going on. We all know there's a shit load of fans that are dying for CD to crush Contraband in sales so they can say "told ya so the fans have spoken. They like Axl more and blah blah blah".  If Contraband outsells CD than it's either one of two things. The general public liked Contraband better or the General Public is simply more interested in Gn'R without Axl than they are in Axl without Gn'R. BUt of course than fans will say VR had the entire Gn'R fanbase along with the STP fanbase buyng that album. 16 The excuses are endless

You can count this as an excuse if you want, and I don't know this for a fact but I would imagine not as many albums are sold in 2008 than were sold back in 2004.  So it's hard to compare the 2 albums (if that is indeed the case).  It's a different time.  I still think it'll outsell Contraband by plenty, just saying.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

You can count this as an excuse if you want, and I don't know this for a fact but I would imagine not as many albums are sold in 2008 than were sold back in 2004.  So it's hard to compare the 2 albums (if that is indeed the case).  It's a different time.  I still think it'll outsell Contraband by plenty, just saying.

See, I gotta call bullshit on this though Faldor. Lil Wayne sold 1 million first week this year

AC/DC sold damn near 800k first week

Metallica sold what was it? 600 to 700k first week?

So, no, i dont think album sales are down anymore than any other time.

faldor

faldor wrote:

You're right, it's still VERY possible to have big week one sellers, but I think for the most part CD sales are down.  Again, I don't know for certain.  I don't have the stats to back it up.  And I hate to stretch it even further, but I remember reading an article recently about CD sales being down even the last couple of weeks compared to earlier this year.  You can't deny the state of the US economy is a mess, it's effecting things all over.  But you're right, it's entirely possible to still sell 1 million records like Lil Wayne did.  CD failed to reach that level and I was hoping to approach ACDC's numbers but that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen either.  BUT, Kanye supposedly isn't going to approach that number either so, a sign of the times?

Board footer