You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Re-Visiting Contraband

-D- wrote:

I am listening to Contraband all the way through right now and this is one KICK ass fucking CD. It absolutely hits all the way through
from Suckertrain Blues, to Do It For The Kids to Spectacle, Headspace, Superhuman, Dirty Little Thing

The ballads are fantastic with FTP, YGNR and Loving the Alien.

I don't know why everyone acts like this album is so inferior.

Musically this album kicks ass. Which is why once again I laugh at people who say Slash has done nothing since GNR

Most can't seperate the music from Weiland which I love his voice, others don't.

anyhow, I put the rockers on this album against anything on CD.

Superhuman's intro riff pisses all over Better's intro riff.

anyhow, thought I'd spread some old school VR cheer on this day

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't see how its hated in the first place. It's good old rock n roll.  Great album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think it's hated, I think it just depends on what side of the fence you're on. Slash fans are going to prefer Contraband, and Axl fans are going to prefer CD. Just the way it is.

Contraband is a good rock album,I have always thought that,I just never liked Scott's singing

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Scott is the big let down for me on this album..
if only, a better singer got the job, and not him... they cant have been that shit can they

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I love the rawness of Contraband. It is a real in your face rock record.

I still think it has great riffs, solos and vocals/melodies.

I also forgot about Set Me Free.

I think Slither as a single smokes CD as a single.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, Contraband is a great rock album. 4 big singles: Slither, Set Me Free, Fall To Pieces and Dirty Little Thing, and the rest is solid throughout too.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

its a good rock album, basic, stripped raw rock n roll, just the way slash likes it

poor production on the album tho espeec guitar wise, i call for a remix wink

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've always been a fan of contraband, well after i saw them live in 05 i revisited the album and thats when it really clicked to me how great it is....i agree slash was kinda held down as it seems to lack alot of solos, but FTP is a great tune...IMO the guitar in it rivals DC

I have always felt libertad to be the better of the 2 but i like CB too...i've been meaning to go back and listen to VR stuff to compare with CD now that its out...havent gotten around to it yet though

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Scott is the big let down for me on this album..
if only, a better singer got the job, and not him... they cant have been that shit can they

Not necessarily a 'better' singer.  Scott is a great singer and a great frontman. 

I agree with him being the weak link on this album.  That's not an insult to his talent, that's a statement of how he fit with the music.  The music on CB wasn't the best fit for Scott.  He's way better in STP than he ever was in VR. 

I liked this record a lot when i first got it, and i still like it.  I'll occasionaly listen to songs off of it when i'm working out.

Board footer