You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Thoughts On "Excuses"

BLS-Pride wrote:

Those acts minus Hinder have always sold and toured well. Rock music isn't dead but it isn't exactly running on all cylinders. Rock will come out of it as soon as the right bands begin to be pushed by the media.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Do you consider The Killers to be rock?

Just a question

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I liked their first album. I would consider them mainstream rock. From what I have heard on the radio more pop rock than real rock n' roll.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I hope you are right dude. But this is the same band that toured under the "Chinese Democracy" banner before. Do you think that ticket sales will be much greater than the past tours? Outside of the United States where GNR were considered more accepted than in the USA the first week sales aren't as strong as people hoped. This day and age first week is real important not a lot of records stay on the charts without a catchy single. The greater NY area has been listening to Better for weeks now on the radio. K-Rock, Q103.4, and a local NJ station have been playing it. I am sure its been played in other areas too. And Axl is going gain interest there is no doubt in that but will it be enough to keep selling the album? The Myspace record is important. 84 million listens equals 300,000 actual album sales in the states?! That not good in my eyes. Not good at all. This was also the week of black friday.  But the public has heard the material man.. Radio was ripping it up the week before it's release.. Maybe not enough people to judge the album sales as a whole but enough to get an idea of where this thing is going to go. I'm not trying to be negative but I am calling it how I am seeing it at this moment. I would be more than happy to eat my words later down the road.

The band wasn't touring in support of anything in 01/02. A greatest hits album increased interest in '06/07.

I think they have a good shot to do well, although if anyone expects Illusion numbers, they are will be sorely disappointed.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Jon Bon Jovi said it best

With a hit single u sell out stadiums, without a hit single, u are barely filling Arenas.

Chinese Democracy was a horrible first single and the band are paying the consequences for yet another horrible decision.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Chinese Democracy was a horrible choice, but what other single would  choose to connect the past to the present?

There are none.

The album lacked the hit single.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Better, If The World or even Shackler's
FUCK, Id take Scraped over CD as the first single minus the Gay intro.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
DCK wrote:

Chinese Democracy was a horrible choice, but what other single would  choose to connect the past to the present?

There are none.

The album lacked the hit single.

None, which is why this should be a solo effort.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Why should it be a solo effort? It's been quite clear for 15 years it wasn't.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I liked their first album. I would consider them mainstream rock. From what I have heard on the radio more pop rock than real rock n' roll.

The reason I asked is because, I do consider them rock. Maybe not 'hard rock', but certaintly in the rock category. They are HEAVILY pushed by the media, and very popular. Maybe a bit 'two years ago', but still extremely popular, especially in the U.K.

I bring it up, because they are proof rock is not dead. They might not be hard, and they might be media-influenced, but they are very liked. If Axl would just do some promo, combined with the good will of the reviewers in rock magazines, and the love for Axl Rose... it would help CD.

Maybe Axl forsaw the casual fans not liking it, and decided to just stay silent, I dunno....

Board footer