You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: bumblefoot checks in with gnrevolution

Neemo wrote:

bumble's been swamped with work and emails but he was kind enough to drop us a line....hopefully when his schedule clears up he will answer some questions for us...post any questions you may have for him in here and i'll try another email to him in a couple weeks. big_smile

bumblefoot wrote:

Glad you're liking the CD  smile    Totally swamped and behind schedule with bizz til early next year, please tell everyone on the forum I said hello, THANK YOU, and I hope they're enjoying the album   smile Back to work - overdue album art for acoustic ep - talk to ya soon!  Ron

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

An acoustic EP? Sounds like that will be up my alley. Haven't been impressed with the solo work I've heard so far, although haven't heard much. Just Normal and a few tracks here and there.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan, but I gotta give him props for how he treats this community. He knows the attitude of this place and that there are quite a few Bucket fans here, but it never stopped him from dropping in for a few chats. Also gotta give props to the members here for always respecting him in those chats and never trolling the chats or asking him lame questions or trying to hassle him.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

An acoustic EP? Sounds like that will be up my alley. Haven't been impressed with the solo work I've heard so far, although haven't heard much. Just Normal and a few tracks here and there.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan, but I gotta give him props for how he treats this community. He knows the attitude of this place and that there are quite a few Bucket fans here, but it never stopped him from dropping in for a few chats. Also gotta give props to the members here for always respecting him in those chats and never trolling the chats or asking him lame questions or trying to hassle him.

Completely off topic but if your into punk check out his new album abnormal. If alternative is you bag try Uncool. After that normal is pop hands is alt/instrumental stuff and 911 is a mixture of all 3 .. oh and 9.11 and uncool got some hi hop stuff along with a track on abnormal

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd like to give him a ton of praise for his work on Chinese Democracy.

The final product compared to the earlier leaks really showcases how much his addition to the band pushed these songs to next level and made them complete. Obviously his solos kick ass but the little fills and touches he brings to the rhythm tracks really freshened up the songs to my ears. Great Work!

A few things I'd be interested in knowing:

* Is the catcher solo after the "La Na Na" in the middle bit him or robin? I'd guess him from the speed of some of the phrases but i'm not sure.

* What was his process for recording solos? Was he given any advice as to the type of solo to play/tone etc, was it all improvised or was he asked to replicate but add his stamp to some existing melodies etc. (Like how Brain was asked to re-do the notes freeze hit but with brain's feel etc) and generally any other suitible stories or tidbits that relate to the great work he's done on his parts.

*given so many talk of reunions and dream line ups. I'd love to ask him if he'd ever colaborate with old members such as Buckethead, Izzy, Slash and so on...either in or out of GNR. If such a colaboration could happen with Ron maintaining his position in GNR as obviously he'd be out of his mind to want to leave and we don't want him too either. On a related note: Is there any musician out there who he'd dream of doing a solo colaboration with and hasn't?

Oh and can he please meet me next time the band comes to Australia!! I need some of that guitar talent to drip off in a handshake wink wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No questions...

I just want to personally thank Ron for being so grateful, so helpful, and so appreciative to the fans.

It's a two way street. You love us, we'll love you.

Thank you Ron, thank you very very much for being a shot into the arm, of what this band needs. Respect, and stability.

I think you're a great part of GN'R, and hope you'll never go. Your contributions to CD have been amazing, and even improved some songs. Great work!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ron= Class

Axl could take a few lessons from him on that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Ron= Class

Axl could take a few lessons from him on that.

So, So true. Ron's been a  shining light in this whole lame gong show. He's awesome.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

"Ron, what do you think about AIDs in Africa!?!" - Me 16

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I wouldn't know how to word this properly, but I guess I would like for Mr. Bumblefoot to know that we appreciate him attempting to communicate with us, and we understand that he may not be able to offer up much information due to contractual obligations...

We appreciate him for trying.

{Did that make sense?}

As far as other stuff....You know the usual, tour, lineup, why no promotion, Buckethead, etc...You know the drill.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I'd really like to know what equipment he used on the album.

Board footer