You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: AXL goes AWOL

Axlin16 wrote:

This board, or ROV before it, has literally nothing to do with knowing GNR's history.

If you choose to look on the brightside, good for you. But me calling it like I see it, is my choice.

It's a fucking trainwreck. Wake up from the dream, and discover it's a nightmare like the rest of us.

(is that melodrama still working?)

Oh, and i've never been banned from HTGTH for talking negative ("real" as I like to call it). I've just gotten a few negative Karma's, and an ass spanking by Jarmofuhrer a couple times. So if I can survive his banning, apparently there just might be some truth in there.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

A: HTGTH sucks ass, it's like living in Cuba. /jarmo is a punk and so are all the people who kiss his ass. It pains me to think that average people visit that site and thnk that is how all GNR fans behave. I read the news and lurk for 4.2 seconds every 2 weeks, thats all those bozos will get form me.

B: Chinese Democracy got good reviews and has sold a respectable amount of copies. It think it a great album. We haven't heard anything from GNR yet, and it's been less than two weeks, so stop getting your panties in a bunch! Man up! CD is here! 2009 will bring more concerts, riots, and cancelled shows, plus more album sales! Nothing has changed about Axl. He's the same Axl he's always been, I'm suprised you're shocked by his unconventional reaction to CD's release. Do you expect him to be on Opra?! This is GNR for christsake - it's gonna get bloody!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The only blood you're going to see next year, is when Universal & Best Buy take his ass to court, bend him over, and pull out the Wah Wah Brush.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl is fucked up no doubt...the whole saga is fucked up. However, if you recall Bob Ludwig said he got the final mixes for mastering in October 2008. Go back and read that article from him. The whole thing is insane and I have no desire either to hear yet another mix.

madagas wrote:

"What is in the stores is not the "final" master approved by Axl.
He has changed it several times since then."-posted at the Velvet Rope today from a guy who has been very accurate about the album.

Beta said a year ago that the album was done and was handed to the record company. It was finished. I know that in Axl's world nothing ever get done, but if I see this from a cynic marketing point of view, it's only a sad attempt to release a 'Chinese Democracy how Axl really wanted it' album in a year, and milk the hardcores.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll be first in line... to download it.

Now if a 5-6 disc box set is in the works, then we'll talk.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Guitarist IZZY STRADLIN has said he is keen to see the original members back

Anyone else see this? I wonder is this from the source or where are they getting this from. I doubt its true tho. I don't think a reunion will happen but -

I kinda hope there is a reunion just to shut all them boys up at htgth - jarmo, jim bob, chineseblues and adz. I've never seen someone hate someone else as much as they hate Slash. Every little thing he does is analysed to make him look like an asshole. I wonder if they really mean everything they or do they realise how rediculous they sound. There comes a point where you have to let it go - we know you hate Slash - no need to troll every thread till someone says something stupid and then they get to ban or give karma to a "Slash-loving hater of the current band."

They assume that anyone who dares suggest something Slash says might be the truth or that Slash doesn't have an agenda in saying something, that they are obviously are a troll and hate the new band. Its pathetic. I pointed out that all the people who were defending Slash were massive fans of Axl, the current lineup and Chinese Democracy but nobody responded to that.

I just want to see them backtrack if the old lineup get back together.

Haha yeah, I've always wanted to see the reaction on the forums over a reunion. No doubt most of the Slash haters will backtrack, but I bet a few will go off the deep end and abandon Axl. They convinced themselves over the years that CD would be a masterpiece and Axl would reclaim his rock throne and turn the music world upside down. They were also convinced Axl didn't need Slash. I don't think some of them could handle being wrong on every account if a reunion took place.

Jarmo used to acually be more supportive of Slash, VR, and the rest of the ex members. He was always more pro-Axl than anything, but he definitely did support the others in their efforts as well. I believe he was even an admin at the VR board, but his attitude has changed in the past 2 or 3 years for whatever reason. It will be interesting to see how he and his site changes if there is a reunion. If some new band fans starts bashing the original band will he label them a troll? 14

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Jarmofuhrer is a puppet.

The man will talk Slash up if a reunion happens, don't even worry about it.

CD will simply become another 'era' of GN'R, and be thrown into the Dead Horse section.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

madagas wrote:

"What is in the stores is not the "final" master approved by Axl.
He has changed it several times since then."-posted at the Velvet Rope today from a guy who has been very accurate about the album. 18

That would make sense and i wouldn't be surprised but if true its pathetic. If he can't get these songs right ten years after thy were written he never will. The only thing I might be vaguely interested in is alternative solos on some of the songs but seriously he has to forget about this era and move on. Nobody would care if any of this stuff was released again and I doubt he himself will ever be satisfied. No doubt mixed reactions of the album will spur him on even more as he convinces himself its the labels fault for forcing him to release the album.

Like someone said, the label could use it as a cash cow but i doubt Axl would want to see it that way.

Board footer