You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
killingvector wrote:

CD has charted 4th in the US, behind Sasha Fierce, Taylor Swift, and Kanye.

254k which is lower than Contraband if I am not mistaken.

Wasn't Sasha Fierce released last week?

If its 4th already, it will probably drop out of the top 10 next week. They really need Better to do some damage, and today is its official single release. We'll have to see how big of a push this song gets.

war wrote:

i love how people on this forum seem to come only to bitch about the featured band and it's fans

Yeah, and I love how you keep pointing your fingers at people here who are doing that.

Been to any other GNR forums since the album's release? Guess what they are "bitching" about? GNR, Dr Pepper, no promo, low album sales, status of Finck,etc.

You keep insinuating this is some negative hole where the 'bottom feeders' go. Go check out mygnr. More bitching there than here. Main difference in "bitching" here than at the other sites is you don't have to be bombarded with childish insults here or risk the 'thought police' telling you what you have to think.

i go to all of them, james. no need to be defensive here, i wasn't insulting you or the integrity of the forum. that comment was made immediately after the post it was in response to. if he was going thread to thread at any other site, complaining over and over again in complete irrelevance to the topic at hand, i would have said the same thing to him there. also, if you read the post i was responding to (if you haven't already), you may better understand why i worded it the way i did smile

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
sandman wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Lands At No. 3 On Billboard Chart - Dec. 3, 2008 

GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", sold 261,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release (including a reported 25,000 downloads at iTunes on November 23 not counted towards the opening week) to debut at position No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Source: Blabbermouth

In light of the fact that many of those are double (triple and so on) from die hards, I'd be concerned at this point if I were Uni.

I am quite certain that Uni has wiped their hands clean with Gnr, Chinese Democracy etc. Jimmy seemed very pleased in his recent interview with Billboard. The Best Buy deal got them what they wanted. Anything else is gravy......Best Buy is the one who needs to be worried because it was a one way deal.:nervous:

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

In france, music's biggest retailer has the best selling albums on the site and CHINDEM went from being n°34 two days ago to n°9 today. Two more and it beats ACDC.

Sky Dog wrote:

Canada showing some Gnr love...
GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Tops Canadian Chart - Dec. 3, 2008

GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy", sold 70,000 copies in Canada in its first week of release to debut at position No. 1 on the national album chart.

As previously reported, "Chinese Democracy" has topped the New Zealand chart in its first full week of release. The CD, which debuted at No. 2, has already been certified platinum in the country for sales in excess of 15,000 copies.

Blabbermouth.net

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am quite certain that Uni has wiped their hands clean with Gnr, Chinese Democracy etc. Jimmy seemed very pleased in his recent interview with Billboard. The Best Buy deal got them what they wanted. Anything else is gravy......Best Buy is the one who needs to be worried because it was a one way deal.:nervous:

That probably plays a big role in the band(and label) seeming to not give a shit about this. They already cashed their checks so the label sinking money into it or GNR promoting it themselves just isn't a priority for them.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That probably plays a big role in the band(and label) seeming to not give a shit about this. They already cashed their checks so the label sinking money into it or GNR promoting it themselves just isn't a priority for them.

A band like AC/DC had an exclusive too, but they didn't wash their hands. Axl's attitude is a bit odd.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
starsko wrote:

A band like AC/DC had an exclusive too, but they didn't wash their hands. Axl's attitude is a bit odd.

Its not exactly the same thing though. While I'll be the first to label this a clusterfuck of biblical proportions, a comparison to AC/DC, while warranted, isn't exactly fair.

AC/DC is pretty much in the twilight of their career and making one final run. Its no surprise that album took off regardless of its quality(lack thereof actually). It was promoted well, and the band is on a major tour. They're in their 60's(or close to it), and everyone knows this is it. Tickets sold out in minutes, and the album was flying off the shelves.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Canada showing some Gnr love...
GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Tops Canadian Chart - Dec. 3, 2008

GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy", sold 70,000 copies in Canada in its first week of release to debut at position No. 1 on the national album chart.

nice 9

for a couple references on how its faring against other big rock acts north of the border

Death Magnetic", the ninth studio album from METALLICA, is the top-selling album in Canada this week, debuting at No. 1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Top Current Albums chart with sales of over 81,000 copies in just three days. "Death Magnetic" hit shelves in Canada on a Friday instead of the traditional release date of Tuesday in order to accommodate a simultaneous worldwide release date.

TORONTO, Oct. 29 /CNW/ - Last night AC/DC kicked off their orld tour in Wilkes-Barre, PA, and today their highly anticipated album Black Ice, the first release from AC/DC in 8 years, struck No.1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Top 200, selling 118,759 units its first week. Black Ice is AC/DC's first No.1 Canadian debut in the SoundScan era and the largest first week sales in the industry in Canada since 2003.

WeTheLiving
 Rep: 10 

WeTheLiving wrote:

The inertia is dead. This album has had its intial push and now the laws of gravity will be taking over. As i previously mentioned this inital push was a)diehard fans who would have bought the album no matter what b)the result of the hype that had been built up over the last ten years+. There will be no push from a super-single. Gravity is going to pull this thing down to whatever cavern "oh my god" dissapeared into.

Like i said before, a band can't be forced, chemistry is a wonderful accident. Thats why individual talent is less rare than great bands, because even if you get a group of talented guys in a room it doesnt necessistate the elusive chemistry. Thats why this album wont come near to Contraband, because at least there was some chemistry in that band, admittedly i dont think between Wieland and the rest, but the other chemistry carried over between the other members and held the thing aloft.

This should have been Axl's solo project and it might have been considered in a different light. I think i was partially in denial over the last few years along with others due to the fact that i craved the music i grew up on, or at least the quality of that music, that energy that was gnr. I remember slash saying in the 90's: "GNR is a LIVING ORGANISM." That organism was brought to life by chemistry. This band, while having its brilliant moments is, in comparison to the "living orgasm" as described by slash, this endevour was a Frankenstein-an attempt to artificially create a band (a living organsim) by artificial means. The laws, and accidents of nature are stronger than even Axl Rose.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think its clear that the only GnR people want is that of Izzy Slash Duff and Axl.

Board footer