You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: What if Scott Weiland was telling the truth?

Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The album's sales will drop 70% (or more) this week. They better hope Better is a huge hit because it's the only song on the album with any commercial potential. Otherwise, the album will struggle to go gold, never mind going platinum. LMFAO. What a joke.

If you're saying this album will never go platinum, please remember that never is a long time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

the only people beating off the legendary CD, are us. The extreme diehards.

That my friend, is a hasty generalization.  14

To be honest though, that statement is a lie.  At least due to the way you worded it.  If you change "the only" to "most of the" it would work.  I know people who aren't GNR diehards who think the album is amazing.

Really? The word I keep getting from everyone is "shit" "shit" "shit" "piece of crap" "sucks" "sucks" "fuckin' gay" "Axl's washed up" "fucking sucks", etc.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

the only people beating off the legendary CD, are us. The extreme diehards.

That my friend, is a hasty generalization.  14

To be honest though, that statement is a lie.  At least due to the way you worded it.  If you change "the only" to "most of the" it would work.  I know people who aren't GNR diehards who think the album is amazing.

Really? The word I keep getting from everyone is "shit" "shit" "shit" "piece of crap" "sucks" "sucks" "fuckin' gay" "Axl's washed up" "fucking sucks", etc.

Yes, that's what I've been hearing too.

Rock on W.A.R.! The definition of washed up and out of touch with reality:

axlrose.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm gonna get my hair like that one day, so I can be as modern and a visionary as Axl!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm gonna get my hair like that one day, so I can be as modern and a visionary as Axl!

And don't forget the secret ingredient...XXXXXXL sized sports jerseys!

WeTheLiving
 Rep: 10 

WeTheLiving wrote:

Holy shit, i just got back from the bar, and either im really shit faced or you people are getting more ruthless by the day. But then again ive only been here for less than a week. I know many are upset by the recent turn of events, but Axl Rose is still a human being. Being critical of the material and this process and doing this to the man are two different ball games. Im trying to imagine reading things like this about myself, posted where everyone can see it. It makes me glad im not famous, it must be a terrible burden, no matter how much i may have questioned certain recent decisions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The word I keep getting from everyone is "shit" "shit" "shit" "piece of crap" "sucks" "sucks" "fuckin' gay" "Axl's washed up" "fucking sucks", etc.

Some people said that about original GNR too....Axl's voice is one of those "Love it or Hate it" kinda things IMHO...and of course a lot of people dislike the band just cos of the drama and don't give the music a chance!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
WeTheLiving wrote:

Holy shit, i just got back from the bar, and either im really shit faced or you people are getting more ruthless by the day. But then again ive only been here for less than a week. I know many are upset by the recent turn of events, but Axl Rose is still a human being. Being critical of the material and this process and doing this to the man are two different ball games. Im trying to imagine reading things like this about myself, posted where everyone can see it. It makes me glad im not famous, it must be a terrible burden, no matter how much i may have questioned certain recent decisions.

I agree. At the end of the day...axl has now produced 6 CDs that have made a great contribution to my life. sure he does things his way, and sure sometimes what happens is frustrating to us fans...but when it's all said and done...he's a better peformer and writer than most people!

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Axlin08 wrote:

Axl alluded that it's HARD to get ahold of Izzy.

Definition of Irony

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

D-Machine wrote:

Remember also when people jumped Scott's ass for saying he doubted CD would even go platinum?

Looks like Scott may be right on that also.

Bear in mind that Scotts rant towards Axl in 06 started the downward spiral on HTGTH. It wasn't censored but it was added to the news section and then removed (I wonder at whos request) and it was the time Jarmo started saying "we don't care what he thinks of Axl - he has nothing to do with GnR" a line he soon started using as an excuse to censor anyone who criticised Axl. Soon leaks couldn't be talked about, anyone who was negative or questioned the band was discarded. That was the start of all the bias.

I remember before that anyone could say that they wanted and nobody gave a shit. For whatever reason, that changed everything.

It also pretty much started the rediculous VR vs GnR row. Jarmo himself had admitted to liking Contraband and going to a VR concert before that. After that, his musical opinion suddenly changed and he decided he didn't like Contraband anymore.:laugh:

Board footer