You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: How large is your cd collection?

gnfnraxl wrote:

I think it's safe to say we're all music lovers here.  How large is your cd collection?  Bought of course.  Or your record collection?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its massive. I have a closet literally full of cds. I cant even guess as to how many I actually have. Obviously its mostly albums from the 70s through 90's. I don't even really bother with them though. I mainly make my own cds with favorite songs. Probably half the shit I download is actually sitting in my closet but I don't feel like digging for any of that shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah me too. I've never catalogued what I've got but it's a lot. I still buy all my music too cos I prefer to have the actual CD (like the pysical artwork in my hands, prefer the audioreolution of CD to most downloads). But yeah i'm a bit of an addict!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I wish I had more on record

Hey I grew up in the Napster-gen, what can I say.

GN'R is probably the only full catalog I own.

The rest are various records ranging anywhere from Velvet Revolver to Izzy Stradlin to Billy Idol to Rob Zombie to Motley Crue to AC/DC to Metallica to Eminem to N.W.A. to Nirvana to Alice In Chains to Pearl Jam

Hell, I think i've even got Creed's Greatest Hits in there somewhere, even though I was never crazy about those guys.

I've also got a shit load of soundtracks.

I've just got alot of varying stuff all over the place.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

I've catalogued all my cd's cause I still buy them.  I never download songs aside from the GNR leaks cause well let's just say I thought that was the only way I'd ever get to hear them.  Anyways I just finished updating my catalogue and I've got 2116 cd's.  And I've got all kinds of music.  I wish I had more records though.  I think I'm gonna start buying them since they're making a comeback.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Mine are all in alphabetical order because I'd never be able to find the cd I want otherwise.  My collection is around 1400 cds right now bought and then probably another 200 burned with various songs on them.  I have about 200 vinyls stored as well.

I rarely play my cds however.  Like James mentioned he does, I myself make the mixes I want and then the cd goes back to its slot.  In fact many of my cds are played only once or twice.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

prolly only about 250 or so..you guys make me look like an amatuer 16

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Mine are all in alphabetical order because I'd never be able to find the cd I want otherwise.  My collection is around 1400 cds right now bought and then probably another 200 burned with various songs on them.  I have about 200 vinyls stored as well.

I rarely play my cds however.  Like James mentioned he does, I myself make the mixes I want and then the cd goes back to its slot.  In fact many of my cds are played only once or twice.

I wanted to place them in alphabetical order, but over 2000 it's kind of a drag.  Like for example when I bought ACDC's latest, well it would've made a lot of cd's to move.  So I numbered them and I made a list on Windows Access.  And that list is in alphabetical order as well as numeral.

And Neemo I kinda envy you.  250.  Man it would be easy and clear a lot of space.  16  I had to take a separate insurance for my cd's.  So it's not all good to have a large collection.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I have myb close to 200, but I've only bought about 20 in the last 10 years. I have one of those IKEA cd towers arranged by genre, top left is Grunge (Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden etc), center left is alternative (Blind Melon, Pixies etc) bottom left is Rap & etc (The Roots, DMX, Pulp Fiction, Jerky Boys) top right is a 90's band I was big on Sebadoh, middle right is more rock alternative (Izzy, Social D) and bottom right is classic rock (Who, Dylan, John Mellencamp).  Then I have an empty paperbox from work full of cd's I listen to less often & all my double albums that don't fit (The Wall, Willie Nelson).

Nevermind gets the rock star parking, first slot, top left.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Big props for The Roots bro. Fucking classic shit right there. I have over 100 CDs and like 25 records.

Board footer