You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

polluxlm wrote:

Asking people to stop the old/new debates is like asking people to stop killing each other, there are no easy solutions and it's not likely to change any time soon.

Personally I don't mind comparisons to the old band being brought up. The problem is when 2-3 persons start posting page after page literally trying to ram their righteousness into each other. You've all seen it, a perfectly neutral comment gets this response "So what you're really saying is that (insert inane statement created to produce an emotional response)".

It's not about opinion, it's about the attitude. And the more emotional the subject is the worse the attitude. I swear to god, even holocaust and 9/11 debates tend to be more civil than some of these old/new wars.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Swearing to God can create some intense word battles as well.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't swear to God, I swear to god. He can take it.

cox61171
 Rep: 1 

cox61171 wrote:

Well I am totally new here but to be honest why can't you just like all GNR stuff no matter what?. I went to see the old GNR in 93 and the were magnificent, a day I will never forget for as long as I live but the doesn't mean I can't like CD or VR for that matter.

As far as who is the better guitar player, what does it matter, appreciate what you have guys, yes it would be awesome if the original GNR got back together but let's not hold our breaths over it happening, at least we have the new album and that's something I for one never thought would happen!.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

welcome cox! 5

some of us share the exact same sentiments as you

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listened to Contraband tonight, it fucking rocks so hard compared to CD....  If you made a greatest hits of CD and Contraband you have a hell of an album.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Listened to Contraband tonight, it fucking rocks so hard compared to CD....  If you made a greatest hits of CD and Contraband you have a hell of an album.

and contraband heavy too id say tongue

I like Contaband,ofcourse it was the only decent album VR ever released,CD is cool as well.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I've been watching a few of my old videos.  Specifically some live shit I got of old GnR and the VR appearance on Kimmel with Cypress Hill. 

Watching these videos and reading about how active Slash is, makes you really re-evaluate how fucked the new GnR situation is.  I mean seriously, why is New GnR so fucking (for lack of a better word)...retarded?

Why does even the simplest of things (like a video ,tour, or even just an update) have to be like pulling teeth? 

Since the album dropped I've really been able to take a few steps back and look at what Axl/GnR has become.  And my personal opinion?  It/he is a fucking joke.  Bring on the Slash solo album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The animosity, lack of interest, and pretty much all out contempt for "new" GNR is certainly understandable. Like you said, they cant even do things that other artists can do with ease. Its really a shame. Most online fans at this point are just hanging in for leaks and off topic chit chat. The actual interest in the band itself is at an all time low.

Sure, a few nutswingers could pop up and say the current situation is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but we all know its just them blowing smoke up their own ass. Even they know its a farce at this point.

As far as the Slash solo record goes, only thing about it that really interests me is Cornell's involvement, and of course that track with Izzy could be interesting.

I'm just glad that there are quite a few good albums in 2009 so my musical palate is full even with this band twiddling its thumbs.

Board footer