You are not logged in. Please register or login.

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

redarmy76 wrote:

Nice work Axl!  Every time I am just about ready to quit being an "active" fan, he goes and does something to completely rectify himself.  Happened a couple times over the last 15 years.  I still equate it to being in an abusive relationship, we get shit on for so long that the occasional affection means that much more.  Kudos, that must have been awkward for Axl to do with all the shit slingers on MyGNR

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Is it definetly him?

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Is it definetly him?

jarmo from htgth said it is and another mod at mygnr confirmed it. who knows 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

WTF??

Wow, just when I had scaled down my posting considerably, we get this.

A couple points to consider.

This is the best way for Axl to communicate with fans obviously. He breaks his silence with the fans but not the national media. Any big media interview would focus on the wrong stuff, but not GNR fans who know everything about the entire saga. He obviously had a few things he wanted to specifically address, considering he pretty much asked people to ask him about "Catcher."

Also, can the reunion rumors please die. I've said this in a couple other places, but the release and subsequent lukewarm response to CD put a reunion farther away than ever. It is clear he still harbors very bad feelings toward the former original members. The only "reunion" we would get would be Bucket, based on his comments. Or Robin. The fact that he only had good things to say about them and not the original members speaks volumes.

Amen bigbri.  And to thiink a couple days ago I was almost brain-washed by reading the countless "reunion" posts on here.  For a brief moment I almost fell into that trap.  Hopefully this kills those rumors for some time. 

I give it a day.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, it's what a lot of people want.  The reunion talk will never go away until at least one of Slash/Axl is dead.  Nor should it.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

See what I told you regarding Finck? Not out of the realm of possibility... You guys where a little early on hitting the panic button :-)  Lets start over...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Wow, just when you think things are dieing down. I don't know if this is Axl although it seems like it is (I guess we'll find out with a Better vid in a week or two), then I've got to give him kudos. How long have we said we needed more communication, well this is about as intimate as it could ever get between fans and Axl, fan asks question and Axl answers. I think it was necessary as the whole fanbase was getting ratty regarding the where he was etc so major credit to the guy for coming out and talking to us.

It still doesn't quite explain why he's not out there promoting the thing, but whatever, that's clearly his choice and if he's just glad the albums out and isn't too fussed about how it charts/sells then fair enough.

I can't wait to see this Better video!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Cool ofAxl to do this.  Any info is appreciated.  Although I have been predicting a reunion, I'm glad to see it may be farther than I thought.  Thanks Axl.  Hope to have another album next year.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

Whens he coming over to this board tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It still doesn't quite explain why he's not out there promoting the thing, but whatever, that's clearly his choice and if he's just glad the albums out and isn't too fussed about how it charts/sells then fair enough.

Yep. It's clearly a choice and even though I may not agree to it, I have to respect that approach. However, a direct Axl to fans interview is better than some interview in some annoying magazine. If he's not playing ball media wise, at least he's playing ball with us right now and I couldn't ask for more.

Board footer