You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

Rather than follow the trend at the other sites where a bunch of people ask questions like "Hi Axl, I was at [insert city] in [insert country] in [insert year].  Do you remember me waving at you in row 30, seat 84C and what did you think of that show?"  we should formulate a list of questions that represent a higher level of knowledge of GN'R and the music than asking dumb shit about what his favorite song this year or color is.  We should take this opportunity to find out more about the band and the album.  I think we could use the MODs to help assist formulating a list of questions so a bunch of spammers don't come on and bog down the few minutes Axl is kind enought to give us with moronic fanboy crap. 

So in the spirit of this idea, I'll propose the first question:

Axl, it has been said that there is a theme that persists through the album.  Generally it starts off with a sense of determination and maybe even anger, then it leads itself into a series of self-reflection and acceptance, ultimately coming to terms with the way you (we) are and how the world is.  My question is do you concur with this description of the album's progression and is there anyone in particular you're directing your lyrics towards in Sorry, This I Love etc.  I just want to thank you for making this album avaialble and I want you to know your music has gotten me through some incredibly tough times, especially more recently here in Iraq.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

1) Axl in your Rolling Stone 2000 interview there was a song title called "Oklahoma" mentioned. Did this song get renamed into something on Chinese Democracy or is it still being worked on for another disk?

2) I know "Oh My God" didn't do too well commercially or even in reviews, but I really liked what I *got* from the song. Some of the layering and mixing came out weird (in my opinion) but under those complaints the song is really raw and brutal in a good way; I think it could be re-recorded into one of your most powerful songs. So question is: Is "Oh My God" ever going to get the spotlight it deserves? Will we see a new Oh My God on another record? Or have you moved past it musically/personally/in some other form?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is Paul Tobias still a member of GNR?

Was there a working title for Shackler's Revenge?

Will Chinese Democracy get a re-release next year? If so, any bonus tracks to be included?

Will the setlist be dominated more by new material on the next tour?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

James Lofton wrote:

Is Paul Tobias still a member of GNR?

Was there a working title for Shackler's Revenge?

Will Chinese Democracy get a re-release next year? If so, any bonus tracks to be included?

Will the setlist be dominated more by new material on the next tour?

He sort of answered the first question:

Quote from: sakuL on Today at 05:38:33 AM
alright than ... nevermind anything I've sent

this is my question:
- is the band still in contact with Paul Huge? Any more future plans with him? Guest apperance on tour maybe?

Paul helps out all the time and is on a lot more material. Paul helped get a lot of the base credits etc together which were extensive. He's always had a good memory on that stuff and it's generally important to him to be as ethical as he's capable which is invaluable.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

-First two questions have been answered!

Have you ever browsed any gnr forums in the past or posted anonymously? Which ones?

Buckethead's There Was A Time solo is the best solo ever. What is a moment of inspiration or is there more to it? What did you think when you first heard it.

JKL
 Rep: 0 

JKL wrote:

Dear Dexter,

Would it still be reasonable and somewhat profitable - promotion-wise - to make epic, 'bigger-than-life' kind of videos like November Rain and Estranged? To actually tell a story through a video rather than just to videotape a band playing live and call it a masterpiece. Do you think there's even a proper outlet for quality vids nowadays, because e.g. MTV airs mostly shoddy material.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

What was your inspiration for Sorry?
If it would've been up to you would have released CD earlier?
How was the experience better or different working with Bucket, Robin and the rest compared to old GNR?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hey Axl, just want to say thanks for the music, GNR's helped me through countless tough times and accompanied me through the good as well, so thanks a lot. Awesome show in Manchester 06 btw, it was amazing!

You mentioned the struggle you had getting CD released and all the shit you had to wade through. Does the fact that CD has now been released make it easier for followup albums to be released or will it always be the same fight to get your music out?

A lot was made of the setlist in 06 and how it was Appetite heavy as opposed to including more Illusions material. Was there a specific reason for this or was it just a personal preference from you and the band?

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Is there any creedance to rumours about gagging orders and the such on band members in the Chinese Democracy era?

Will the same obstacles, legal and what not, that blocked the release of "Chinese"  impede the release of any subsequent material?

What is your relationship with your band members? Do you call them friends? This would seem to be the case! I ask simply to clarify for people of a differing opinion.

What is it that Meat Loaf won't do for love ?:) I think he won't cheat on the girl as he states in the song however most people still ask the question as though the song does not address the issue!!! 17

Board footer