You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

AtariLegend wrote:

Vicky Hamilton
1 hr · Los Angeles, CA, United States ·
Ok...was texting with Slash who is on tour...he says the GNR tour isn't happening...so that's all I know... your guess is as good as mine...

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.ph … =616601922

Thanks to Rancid Punks at MYGNR.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Once again....more comments that can go either way.  Most people aren't expecting a tour now or in the immediate future. Hell I wasn't expecting any movement at all until closer to 2017 until the latest drama kicked into overdrive.

Its time for one of them to personally kill it for good without using assistants, friends, and "clues". Its getting out of hand.

Vicky Hamilton isn't going to shut it down. Its went beyond the forum nerds at this point so it needs a proper shutdown.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Notice the phrasing. Not that a reunion isn't happening but that a tour isn't happening. and of course, the sign off "your guess is as good as mine....."

Bringing us back to square one.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Maybe there's a genuine intent to get back in the studio before they head out on tour?

Slash's creative juices obviously are still flowing. Signing off on a reunion tour commits him to at least a couple of years playing 30 year old songs and nothing much else. Maybe new misic is part of the deal?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Maybe there's a genuine intent to get back in the studio before they head out on tour?

Slash's creative juices obviously are still flowing. Signing off on a reunion tour commits him to at least a couple of years playing 30 year old songs and nothing much else. Maybe new misic is part of the deal?

Recent interviews indicate that he is wanting to go in the studio for a new album with the Conspirators.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If it's "just a reunion" I will be disappointed and my respect for Axl will diminish.

I understand the sentiment but mine wont. I never took the "cancer", "not in this lifetime",etc. comments as seriously as others. I knew a 180 could be done on that in three shakes of a lamb's tail.

It's not about that. Never too late to kiss and make up.

The reason is it would signify that Axl has given up on being creative and just doing cash grabs. That would pretty much go against his whole persona these last 20-30 years. Touring between 09-14 was at least done with the goal of getting something out.

I would also hate for the CD vault to be put on the backburner. 20 years in the making, I expect to see more than 1 album.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This is pretty incredible. Slash show in India within the last week. Crowd sings the song loudly and they even hum Slash's "slow solo" during the earlier part of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjUMWfPwwo&hd=1

That's one way to cover up a bad vocalist (though Myles is actually very good on Sweet Child compared to other GN'R songs).

AtariLegend wrote:

This was no doubt posted long ago, but I mean this is just from May the 7th. A CBS Interview.

"Addressing the long-running feud between him and singer Axl Rose that many see as the main stumbling block to a reunion, Slash said, "We haven't really talked in a long time, but a lot of the tension that you were talking about has dissipated. We don't have all those issues anymore. It's not a lot of controversy. It's something that is more perpetuated by the media, more than anything."

Source: http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock-ne … es-reunion

Assuming Slash was telling the truth and assuming they have talked since then. It's still a quick turn around to not talking in years till reunion in months.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yup, that CBS interview came and went without much fan-fair.

"We haven't really talked in a long time" goes in line with all the other statements from Slash, as in, last they spoke directly was in '96.

In August, they are assumed to be friends again, even if Slash is basically reiterating his statement of things having 'eased off'.

One can only wonder how Axl is taking all this insistence to reunite the old band ('not in this lifetime') if he's still to actually speak with Slash.

johndivney wrote:

Axl barely spoke to the CD-era lineup/s. They don't have to be friends, just perform together. A manageable situation. Well as far as Axl is manageable..

Board footer