You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Atlas Shrugged (2023 ) - Rumour

Sky Dog wrote:

Too funny….1. Why in the hell would they re-release OMG? 2. How in the hell could Slash and Duff make that song better?

It’s an industrial punk song. It’s debatable as to how much they actually added to the three singles.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

If Atlas is released with a B-Side does this alt part of a setlist from 2018 suggest what the other track could be?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag … Q&usqp=CAU

Yeah there has to be some sort of plan for that song...as crazy as the possibility sounds.

There's no other reason to bring that song back...

1. It's getting a release...even if only a B side or album deep cut.

Wait, let me get this straight. You're linking Oh My God being on a setlist from 2018 to it being the B side for Atlas Shrugged if that is released in November as rumoured?

Or is there more to this?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
busngabb wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

If Atlas is released with a B-Side does this alt part of a setlist from 2018 suggest what the other track could be?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag … Q&usqp=CAU

Yeah there has to be some sort of plan for that song...as crazy as the possibility sounds.

Wait, let me get this straight. You're linking Oh My God being on a setlist from 2018 to it being the B side for Atlas Shrugged if that is released in November as rumoured?

I forgot which song it happens during in the set but the lyrics appear on the screen. Then take info account we know it was worked on after 1999...that awful leak with Ron on it.

It could be anything attached to Atlas if that's indeed coming next...but OMG has to be considered a possibility.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Too funny….1. Why in the hell would they re-release OMG? 2. How in the hell could Slash and Duff make that song better?

You want to know what's even funnier than that?

The idea of releasing Silkworms as your big single during the reunion.

Sky Dog wrote:

That goes without saying!!!! You can’t make this shit up….

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:
James wrote:
busngabb wrote:
James wrote:

I forgot which song it happens during in the set but the lyrics appear on the screen. Then take info account we know it was worked on after 1999...that awful leak with Ron on it.

It could be anything attached to Atlas if that's indeed coming next...but OMG has to be considered a possibility.

The lyrics from OMG are on the screen during You Could Be Mine when its played live.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I love "Oh My God".

It has a great flow to it. This swanky sort of intro and then Axl raging UYI style. It's like the New GNR version "Breakdown". The mix had it's issues but I'm not sure how you can improve it beyond that. That 2011 version with Bumblefoot where they make the riff obvious and added a disco bridge was horrible. It's the complete opposite to "Silkworms" to "Absurd", which they played the hell out of in 2001 but was messy and clearly needed refinement.

But we're gonna get that at some point. It's 100% an Axl move.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think OMG has amazing lyrics, the guitars were always the weak spot on the original version we got, and unfortunately the dancier version didn't sound much better. To me a hard rock version along the lines of slash's darker songs would be fantastic.

There are indications it will be back eventually - the use of it's lyrics on stage, mentions on an alt list, the sheer fact they did a bumble version at one point, and how it's not really around on streaming anymore.

Although it was a single at one time, in a way it does feel like part of these batch of songs  - things we have known but that never really knew in their proper time either. Although I hope if it comes out with Atlas they have it as a 3rd song on a mini-EP or something with State of Grace. I really don't want State of Grace to be lost to time.

AtariLegend wrote:

Was there any updates about this from has it leaked or indication it's happening?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Nothing substantial.

Board footer