You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: How much Buckethead material do you have?

strat0 wrote:

Hey Bri, just wondering but what is your opinion on Enter The Chicken. I don't really ever hear any mention of it by hardcore Bucket fans.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Other than GN'R, Enter The Chicken is the only other stuff i've heard on the radio before. Maybe it's got to much of a mainstream sound? I dunno either, good question.

Running From The Light & Nottingham Lace are amazing.

I think that it's got more to do with that it was on Serj Tankian's record label Serjical Strike (Universal Music Group) and that it had contributions from other "major" artists.

The only other album that I can think of that was released under a big label was the original Giant Robot pressing back in 1994 on Sony Japan.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

James Lofton - have you listened to Thanatopsis - Axiology?  If not, you're missing out man!

And bigbri - Big D is Bucket's wife.  See below;

http://people.tribe.net/bigd/

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, I read that. Mind fart.

Strat0, I think it's because most Bucket fans just prefer the instrumental stuff. Not to mention, his playing isn't really the focal point it seems on Enter the Chicken. It was like Carlos Santana's Supernatural with even less guitar.

Lace is brilliant. Most fans agree with that. A lot of people love the instrumental Botnus that he plays live too.

Many Bucket CDs with vocals have just sucked. Science Faxtion, for example.

I like Coma, Waiting Hare, Running From the Light and We Are One. The others are just blah, and the Cookie Monster vocals on Botnus and Funbus(?) are just horrible.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Didn't get Bermuda, and I guess that initial instinct paid off.

Shows how stoned I was last night. I did get it, but haven't listened to it yet.

Went ahead and downloaded another chunk of his discography tonight, but gonna cool it after this as I have plenty of his material now to last me for awhile.

Bolt On Neck
Cyborg Slunks
Day of the Robot
From the Coop
Funnel Weaver
Giant Robot NTT
Inbred Mountain
Pepper's Ghost

I'm definitely in full on "downloading motherfucker" mode at the moment, and also grabbed these:

new Green Day album
Kiss discography minus the live albums
AC/DC discography minus the albums I already own
Two Alicia Keys albums
Journey- Greatest Hits
Bananarama's greatest hits
Hootie and the Blowfish- Fairweather Johnson
Britney Spears-Circus
Firefall- Greatest Hits
Khia- Nasti Musik
Ciara- The Evolution and Fantasy Ride
Earth Wind and Fire greatest hits
Kreesha Turner- Passion
Mary J. Blige discography
Four Horsemen EP
Sioban Donaghy- Ghosts
Slaughter- Stick It To Ya
Otis Redding- The Definitive Collection

James Lofton - have you listened to Thanatopsis - Axiology?  If not, you're missing out man!

Actually, someone sent me a link to that months ago. By the time I got around to downloading it, the link was dead. I didn't see it pop up on any of those torrents either or I would have grabbed it.

I'll check some of his stuff out again,any ideas on what I should check out?

Any ideas? This thread is littered with lists. Just grab some albums that are being raved on.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, I read that. Mind fart.

Strat0, I think it's because most Bucket fans just prefer the instrumental stuff. Not to mention, his playing isn't really the focal point it seems on Enter the Chicken. It was like Carlos Santana's Supernatural with even less guitar.

Lace is brilliant. Most fans agree with that. A lot of people love the instrumental Botnus that he plays live too.

Many Bucket CDs with vocals have just sucked. Science Faxtion, for example.

I like Coma, Waiting Hare, Running From the Light and We Are One. The others are just blah, and the Cookie Monster vocals on Botnus and Funbus(?) are just horrible.

Yeah I kinda figured that out last night/today after giving Enter The Chicken another listen. Those 4 songs you listed are really the only songs off that cd worth listening to.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The thing about Bucket CDs is: as a whole, some are very hard to wrap your head around, but invariably there is an absolute jaw-dropper on each.

On Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse, it is My Sheetz, on Bermuda Triangle it is Sea of Expanding Shapes, on Cyborg Slunks it is Aunt Suzie, on Kevin's Noodle House it is Thin Crust, I could go on.

Not sure what my point is, but there always seems to be a buried treasure on each CD even if the CD as a whole is less than perfect.

Funnel Weaver, you could probably just delete that one James. Not a fan. And the first 3 tunes on Bolt on Neck are above average/great, but the rest blows.

You defintely need to hear Axiology like Bucketfan said above. It is exceptional, only to be topped by Anatomize in my mind. Both are in my Top 5 bucket CDs.

Don't sleep on Running After Deer, either, it is growing on me a ton, even like a year after I got it. It is so original, with jump rope and boxing bags and ringside bells used as accompaniment/rhythm. Truly original.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Every Bucket album has at least one track that's enjoyable. Monsters and Robots is one i'm not a diehard of, but I love that "Shape vs. Buckethead" track.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

James you've got PM.

Board footer