You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Super Tuesday thread

James wrote:

Hillary has just won California, and its by a pretty large margin.

Its an uphill battle for Obama from here on out. He really needed a symbolic win here to propel his candicacy. He is not out of it yet, but the coffin is being prepared. Nails are on standby.

Romney is burnt toast. He had a lead in the weeks going in to California, and McCain is going to win here.

Time for Romney to drop out.

James

James wrote:

Wow. I went to sleep for a few hours, woke up and checked the polling data again. Hillary's monster lead in Cali has dropped down to an 8% lead. Still 20% of the vote needs to be counted. He isn't gonna win, but that defeat in Cali is now really nothing for her to brag about because it wound up being so close.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Huckabee didn't "win" anything, but he did keep Romney out of any significant contention (which I'm sure was his goal in the last week or two). I think that may have been the biggest surprise to me. I think if not soon, after this weekend Romney will drop out. It'll be interesting to see if Huckabee remains in to try to get some of his supporters. Don't count him out yet, but I don't think he'll do anything.

Obama got a little momentum, but not much. I think "momentum" is done & these candidates are nearly 50/50 now. I just hope they don't start running attack ads & smear campaigns. We'll see. Obama now has to prove himself, he's no longer the "new" candidate, he's gotta state what his platform is & give it some substance. 

Overall, as expected McCain seems to be walking away with it. A little bit of a surprise Romney's now toast. And a little bit of a surprise the Dems are almost even, without Obama getting a big news headline or shocking anyone.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, Obama has to leave his "change" shtick at the door and actually start talking about actual issues and what his plans are. If he doesn't, the coffin will be nailed shut in the coming weeks. People might not like Hillary, but they know where she stands.

The Huckabee situation is interesting. Conservatives are bailing out on the republicans(just like I did during Bush's first term), and it will be interesting to see if they rally around Huckabee even though he doesn't have a chance. The hatred of McCain runs deep. He represents four more years of Bush, and the conservative base of the party is fucking sick of it. If they want a liberal that spends money like it grows on trees, they will either vote democratic or stay home in November. A Hillary candidacy will get some of them to go ahead and vote for McCain, but not the majority of them.

Conservatives want their party back that the neo-cons raped and pillaged, and a McCain presidency isn't going to do it. I think conservatives are willing to concede this election to the democrats and hope they can find a real conservative to oppose Hillary or Obama in 2012.

All this talk from the Limbaughs, Coulters,etc. isn't just hot air. Its an actual movement going on in the party.

If the republicans can find a conservative thats actually electable, I will rejoin the republican party in time for the 2012 election.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't know, a woman or a black man against an old white guy? I like to think things have changed...but I doubt it. Once again it seem like the Dems aren't even interested in winning.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't know, a woman or a black man against an old white guy? I like to think things have changed...but I doubt it. Once again it seem like the Dems aren't even interested in winning.

There's no way in hell McCain is winning the presidency. Key sections of his own party are turning on him and he just wants to continue the Bush agenda.

Corky from Life Goes On could run against McCain and win by at least 5 percentage points.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Jameslofton wrote:

Yeah, Obama has to leave his "change" shtick at the door and actually start talking about actual issues and what his plans are. If he doesn't, the coffin will be nailed shut in the coming weeks. People might not like Hillary, but they know where she stands.

The Huckabee situation is interesting. Conservatives are bailing out on the republicans(just like I did during Bush's first term), and it will be interesting to see if they rally around Huckabee even though he doesn't have a chance. The hatred of McCain runs deep. He represents four more years of Bush, and the conservative base of the party is fucking sick of it. If they want a liberal that spends money like it grows on trees, they will either vote democratic or stay home in November. A Hillary candidacy will get some of them to go ahead and vote for McCain, but not the majority of them.

Conservatives want their party back that the neo-cons raped and pillaged, and a McCain presidency isn't going to do it. I think conservatives are willing to concede this election to the democrats and hope they can find a real conservative to oppose Hillary or Obama in 2012.

All this talk from the Limbaughs, Coulters,etc. isn't just hot air. Its an actual movement going on in the party.

If the republicans can find a conservative thats actually electable, I will rejoin the republican party in time for the 2012 election.

McCain isn't a neo-con and won't be 4 more years of Bush no matter how disenfranchised you are from the GOP.  It amazes me how people can claim they left the Republican party because of Bush, but then go vote for Obama or Clinton.  The beleifs behind true conservatism and liberalism are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  Neo-Cons are nothing more than Liberals with a different agenda.  But if you claimed you were a Republican and now vote Democrat, you were never a Republican in the first place.  Simply put, Neo-Cons and Democrats alike are both Statist.

edit:  I'm tired of people saying "I used to be a Republican" as if that makes their argument any more valid or stronger.  From now on I'm going to say I used to be a Democrat, so whatever I say must be more valid or in touch with the people.  Newsflash, people who continually change parties lack conviction and a political ideology and go with whatever is trendy.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

From your perspective, how are Obama or Clinton any different than McCain?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

From your perspective, how are Obama or Clinton any different than McCain?

In the big picture, approximately zero. Then again, I don't really follow these circuses anymore.

Things will follow pretty much the same path whoever wins, that I'm sure of.

The general public however will continue to vote for faces, and they like to stick to what they know, so unless McCain, or whoever the GOP candidate will be, got some serious skeletons in the closet I'd say he's got a good shot against a woman or a black man.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

McCain isn't a neo-con and won't be 4 more years of Bush no matter how disenfranchised you are from the GOP.  It amazes me how people can claim they left the Republican party because of Bush, but then go vote for Obama or Clinton.  The beleifs behind true conservatism and liberalism are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  Neo-Cons are nothing more than Liberals with a different agenda.  But if you claimed you were a Republican and now vote Democrat, you were never a Republican in the first place.  Simply put, Neo-Cons and Democrats alike are both Statist.

edit:  I'm tired of people saying "I used to be a Republican" as if that makes their argument any more valid or stronger.  From now on I'm going to say I used to be a Democrat, so whatever I say must be more valid or in touch with the people.  Newsflash, people who continually change parties lack conviction and a political ideology and go with whatever is trendy.

This is fucking hilarious coming from someone who supports the neo-cons to their death, who you admit are nothing but liberals in conservative clothing.

Reagan used to be a democrat. Did he "lack conviction" and "political ideology"? According to your logic he did. Please don't use examples of any Reagan accomplishments or even utter his name since he had no conviction and is apparently irrelevant on your scale.

McCain jumped in bed with the neo-cons, and now his supporters are up shit creek without a paddle. Get used to it because you're gonna be drowning in shit come November.

I'm gonna paraphrase Reagan here because it suits my feelings regarding the party-- "I didn't abandon the republican party. They abandoned me".

Oh wait, scratch that. Reagan and I lack conviction.:rolleyes:

Board footer