You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hopefully, 2020 isn't worse.

Well, chances are it will be Trump again...

Remember, Kanye said he is running in 2020. Seriously.

It would be the logical progression.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Saw this on Crass Communication

Psychologists and massage therapists are reporting ‘Trump anxiety’ among clients

In recent days, at least two patients have invoked the Republican front-runner, including one who talked at length about being disturbed that Trump can be so divisive and popular at the same time, said Howard, who practices in the District.

Hand-wringing over Trump’s rapid climb, once confined to Washington’s political establishment, is now palpable among everyday Americans who are growing ever more anxious over the prospect of the billionaire reaching the White House.

With each new Trump victory in the GOP primaries, Democrats and Republicans alike are sharing their alarm with friends over dinner, with strangers over social media and, in some cases, with their therapists. A recent Washington Post/ABC News poll showed that 69 percent of Americans said the idea of “President Trump” made them anxious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ho … story.html

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Well, chances are it will be Trump again...

No doubt he will run again after he loses this election.

Wow.  I think the exact opposite.  I do think his ego began to take this seriously recently, and I do think he "wants" to be President.  But the rigors & time away from what he really does, and the potential harm to his business brand/legacy, and kids, I think no way he runs again.

This whole thing is partially a joke deep down to him. A botched prank gone awry.

I agree. I see this as a one time deal.

Part of me wonders if he ever imagined he would get this far (as you said.) That he just wanted to get in, ruffle feathers, build on his brand and finally dip out. But now here we are...

The other part of me wonders if this is one big troll. He gets the nomination, then drops out and endorses Hillary. hahaha. Highly improbable, but still...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Posting now for a 'bookmark'. Had that glitch happen where it marked this thread as read even though there's a few pages of posts I hadn't read. I'll go back and read them later tonight.

I agree with Cramer and Pasnow above. Its one run and done. He MIGHT have run as a joke and to get massive publicity but was shocked that the country was truly ready for someone other than a corrupt, lifelong politician to sit in the driver's seat and he ran with it and wants to go all the way.

If he loses he's not running again. IF he ran for something else, it would be Governor of NY.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Saw this on Crass Communication

Psychologists and massage therapists are reporting ‘Trump anxiety’ among clients

In recent days, at least two patients have invoked the Republican front-runner, including one who talked at length about being disturbed that Trump can be so divisive and popular at the same time, said Howard, who practices in the District.

Hand-wringing over Trump’s rapid climb, once confined to Washington’s political establishment, is now palpable among everyday Americans who are growing ever more anxious over the prospect of the billionaire reaching the White House.

With each new Trump victory in the GOP primaries, Democrats and Republicans alike are sharing their alarm with friends over dinner, with strangers over social media and, in some cases, with their therapists. A recent Washington Post/ABC News poll showed that 69 percent of Americans said the idea of “President Trump” made them anxious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ho … story.html

Bet your ass they're scared. They all criminals up there. Trump is telling it like it is, specifically on them

That's why they're anxious. The free ride ends the day he walks into office.

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the problem (and unfortunately this is the sad truth): the only way someone not from the establishment is ever going to change things is by being outrageous.  There's no other way to do it.  Plenty have tried and failed.  It has to be a Trump or someone like that, but just because he starts it doesn't mean he has to be the one to finish it.  Someone else more reasonable can come along with a similar message but a more subdued approach.  Maybe that ends up being Carson.  Maybe it's someone else.  But the only way you're getting a foot in the door is to kick it down and that takes someone like Trump whether we like it or not.

Spot on. This is what i've been getting at in this thread. Trump could be Satan himself, but most people who are voting for him and WILL defeat Hillary with him, are people who would vote for a fucking shit-flinging Chimp, for no other reason than the establishment doesn't want it.

Trump is literally America's "fuck you" to the system. And I fucking love him for it.

I hope he wins so goddamn bad, just so all those warmonger mother fuckers can get ulcers at the thought. They WILL do a brokered election is Trump doesn't play ball with them, and right now it looks like Romney is getting the push.

The other night, the guy who co-wrote The Project for a New American Century with all the other warmongers up there like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Kissenger... basically said he'd vote for Hillary, if it came down to Trump.

Why is this?

BECAUSE HILLARY IS IN ON IT. She's a Bilderberger, she's an insider. Most insider GOP think she's a Neo-Con Democrat, with her foreign policy, not to mention Bill's history as one of the most notorious Conservative Democrats in recent memory. Never forget it was Bill who passed some of the toughest ANTI-GAY legislation ever, but hey, the big bad Christian Republicans are gonna get us.

Trump forever

And that John Oliver video... funny... get back to me when that Limey pussy has the BALLS to do a video JUST LIKE THAT on Hillary... he won't. Know why? He's fucking employers WILL NEVER LET HIM.

Vote Trump. Afterall don't you want a President with a big fucking American dick? I sure do.

Time to blow the system sky high

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hope Trump takes his big American dick and sticks it in the gaping asshole that is Washington and lets off a huge steaming load of truth!

God Bless 'Murica!

Trump 2016

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

BECAUSE HILLARY IS IN ON IT.

Yep and I said this eight years ago. Hillary and Obama were neocon puppets in sheep's clothing. If you vote for Hillary, I hope you voted for Bush in 04 because that's what you're getting. More war, more "permanent tax cuts" for the rich everyone apparently loathes yet votes for those who continue them, list goes on. Its like Ventura said...all these years your choice is Pepsi or Coke but its the same sugar water in different colored cans while they laugh that voters believe there's really a difference.

Time to blow the system sky high

Agreed. If Trump doesn't get to do it, someone MUCH worse is going to come along and do it in 2020 or 2024.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Somehow Cruz is going to get the nom. How he's pulling this close is unreal. I still have that weird feeling Trump will quit. Perhaps if it gets too close and it looks like he mights lose, or they do the brokered convention where Cruz will be automatic winner. Strange race.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump got Ky and LA. Cruz is coming on strong. Ted can't beat Hilary.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Are you watching this Trump thing? It's terrible. He had that great line about Cruz winning Maine because it was so close to Canada, which actually made me laugh, then he goes on and on repeating the same narcassitc me, me, me, me stuff, and asks for people to please give him credit for shit, and then gets so bent out of shape about the petty shit, like the hands stuff. The guy works good in sound bytes. This format he's terrible, same with the debates.

Board footer