You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Axl toeing the company line for his boss lol, this is awesome and hilarious to watch.  You know its gotta be fucking weird for him.

I think he is glad to do anything Angus asks. Once in a lifetime deal for him to sing for one of his heroes.

And also, he isn't doing this for free. There isn't much speculation around, but this tour must earn him close or even more than GN'R tour per show.

otto

otto wrote:

ChtSxVlXIAAKTv-.jpg:large

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Lose the hat already. Damn.

Still awesome, though!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

And also, he isn't doing this for free. There isn't much speculation around, but this tour must earn him close or even more than GN'R tour per show.

No, I seriously doubt that. With GN'R, he is supposedly getting 50% of the band's revenue share while Slash and Duff split the other 50%. No way in hell Angus was giving Brian 50% in the first place and I don't think Axl would demand more from Angus than what they were going to pay Brian. Ticket prices for the GN'R tour are also much higher than AC/DC's current tour, which should mean GN'R is getting a bigger payday per show than AC/DC.

otto

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

No, I seriously doubt that. With GN'R, he is supposedly getting 50% of the band's revenue share while Slash and Duff split the other 50%. No way in hell Angus was giving Brian 50% in the first place and I don't think Axl would demand more from Angus than what they were going to pay Brian. Ticket prices for the GN'R tour are also much higher than AC/DC's current tour, which should mean GN'R is getting a bigger payday per show than AC/DC.

Definitely, by percentage, he is not getting 50% of the revenue. Not even 33%.

What I was pointing to is the DOLLAR amount per show. He has way less costs with ACDC, since he only has to be there and not run all the GNR machine, that is still under his expenses (techs, equipment, instruments loans, etc.)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't believe that iron clad stipulation. Axl doesn't need the money obviously but no way in hell do they throw such a contract at him. If anything, he got a massive bonus for just signing up to do it.

He looks really happy. He certainly has a reason to be.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

Definitely, by percentage, he is not getting 50% of the revenue. Not even 33%.

What I was pointing to is the DOLLAR amount per show. He has way less costs with ACDC, since he only has to be there and not run all the GNR machine, that is still under his expenses (techs, equipment, instruments loans, etc.)

That is a fair point. Taking out expenses, he probably nets around 30-35% with GN'R. But I doubt Brian was getting more than 30% from AC/DC and once you account for the bigger overall payday for GN'R vs. AC/DC (higher ticket prices should mean bigger guaranteed revenue from the promoter), I think he is still clearing quite a bit more with GN'R than with AC/DC. He might even be doing this AC/DC thing for peanuts (10% or less) for all we know. He probably would do it for free if that was the only thing on the table from Angus. We're talking about a guy who worships Angus, so to Axl it's a huge honor to play with Angus and not necessarily some big cash grab.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl's done an interview with the BBC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36203834

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl Rose acting like a normal rock star, what is the world coming to.

With AC/DC Axl has some leverage. His star power is what enables promoters to go on with the tour after the loss of the lead singer. He's getting a fair share if he wants it.

AtariLegend wrote:

"You can hear Matt Everitt's full interview with AC/DC and Axl Rose on the BBC 6 Music Breakfast show from 07:00 BST on Friday, 6 May."

In other words it'll be online tomorrow morning.

It'd be easy to call this damage control, but they need to re-assure fans with supposed refunds/negative press coverage.

Board footer