You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Ideal Setlist Part 2: Coma vs. There Was A Time

polluxlm wrote:

Coma easily, because they can pull it off. The best parts of TWAT Axl can not sing and Slash can't play.

Which would you prefer?

Coma 73%
There Was A Time 27%
Total votes: 30
otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I voted TWAT, but only because I've seen Coma 5 times and TWAT only once, and that was with no Slash or BH.

Yeah, I voted TWAT for my own personal reasons! smile

Seen Coma live twice and never saw TWAT. Would be great to see it with Slash on it.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

Coma!
No question about it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The best parts of TWAT Axl can not sing and Slash can't play.

I liked Slash's take on the solo.

As for Axl - time will tell - so far I thought he sung it better than 2012 but not as well as 2009. I would believe on a good night he might yet do a better version.

AtariLegend wrote:

If you see a better version of There Was A Time for this tour, please post it tongue.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

TWAT, simply on the grounds that 1) it's my favourite GN'R song and 2) they rarely play it live.

AtariLegend wrote:

Coma is one of my favorite tracks in the discography, but I'm a little disappointed this is so lopsided.

Estranged/There Was A Time>Everything for me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Coma definitely. The fact its a staple in 2016 is just unreal. We didn't even get that on a regular basis in their prime.....yet here it is.

UYI deep cuts any day over CD songs...unless its songs from the vault.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'd like to see more CD songs – a note-perfect rendition of a song I've already heard Slash playing in the studio is less interesting to me than hearing him interpret Buckethead and Robin's work. That's as close as we're going to get to new material for the time being, and the novelty's a draw for me. Also, speaking as a paid-up Fortus fanboy: we're more likely to get Fortus solos on CD songs, since they're less precious about them (actually, I'm honestly surprised he didn't do the outro solo on TWAT, since he's gone to the trouble of getting killswitches fitted to his guitars).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like to hear CD songs as well. They have improved them and taken them back to their roots. I just dont want them to replace songs like DTJ and Coma.

I know you(and some others) are huge Fortus fans but I love seeing Slash tackle Chinese tracks. It makes me wonder how it would've turned out had this happened 10 years ago before the album was released. It also shows he is very receptive to the material and hopefully what is still in the vault.

Board footer