You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Watch his statement. It's a joke for christ sake.

I agree it's a 'joke', but man.  Siding with a foreign country over hacking is pretty close to encouraging espionage.  Are we not sane here??

His whole campaign is just comical. I think in time his ego, quick talking & wittiness will just get the best of him.  Then again, I've said that since September.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I agree it's a 'joke', but man.  Siding with a foreign country over hacking is pretty close to encouraging espionage.  Are we not sane here??

His whole campaign is just comical. I think in time his ego, quick talking & wittiness will just get the best of him.  Then again, I've said that since September.

How is he siding with another country? He says find, not hack. Could indicate he wants them to do it again, or it could indicate if they already got a big stack of emails they will find the Hillary ones. It's ambiguous, and with Trump should no longer come as a surprise. His statements are crafted like that to get attention, and get it he does.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Honestly, what presidential candidate even jokes about stuff like this?  And notice how most of the other smart (read:sane) Republicans are getting the fuck away from this ASAP.

This man is not presidential material.  No big US banks would lend him money.  He routinely stiffs over the little guy/working class.  There's a lot more out there that I didn't even mention.  Oh now he is claiming he doesn't know Putin that well.  What a joke he is.

And Hiliary was never charged by the DOJ so she didn't break the law.

Cramer wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Latest polls are 3 weeks old though. He's been trending upwards all of July.

GE polling is not the same as state polling. And, if the argument is being made that these states are on play, I'd like to see evidence of that.

Also for both candidates, I wouldn't pay too much attention to new polling numbers during the conventions. I'd imagine we'll get some bumps, then the smoke will clear.

Bingo.  Most of these polls right now are useless.  What you have to do is follow the money.  Clinton just made a multi state ad buy that didn't include Wisconsin or Colorado.  So clearly she is not worried about that state being in play.  The states that she bought ad time for were: Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

Not to mention that some of the polls out there have sketchy methodologies anyway (undersampling and oversampling certain groups).

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump sure fucked up with this one.

'Treason'? Critics savage Trump over Russia hack comments

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/t … z4FeSxCBDT

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Joke or not, Loose lips sink ships. Is this the guy who is going to be privy to highly classified intel?

Trump isn't capable of not running his mouth. Knee Jerk is all he knows.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Not a US citizen but I am still surprised some folk here are basically saying

"Dear Other Sovereign Nuclear Power,

Please hack our government and steal classified information and use it to defame one our presidential candidates. If not hack at least go through everything you currently have and find some dirt and publish it.

Yours,
The American People + The Other Person Running for President"

Why would you advocate and welcome Russia:

1. Breaching your governments infrastructure
2. Stealing sensitive and classified information
3. Blatantly interfering in your countries political process

None of that sounds like a good idea, at all.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Trump isn't capable of not running his mouth. Knee Jerk is all he knows.

Yeah but damn if he isn't good at it tho 16

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Acquiesce...you got me intrigued on this Jill Stein candidate. Haven't paid any attention to these independent candidates running. Mainly focused on Trump and even though I didn't support Sanders, I loved how he refused to be bought off.

Why are you supporting her specifically? Just as a protest vote or does it go much deeper?

Hi James. I may have been a bit unclear with my previous post. I am not personally supporting Jill Stein. Most of the Bernie supporters I follow on social media are supporting her, however.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I love how the dems want you to ignore the content of those emails. I don't give a damn who released them, the contents of the emails are what's relevant. Sweet baby Jesus....

Hillary is in bed with Putin while people think Trump is sucking his cock. What a wonderful world. Got a good laugh reading twitter feeds today.

That one guy had the nerve to say Putin is "afraid" of Hillary. Really?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/ca … .html?_r=0

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/ … -security/

HIllary did business with the "enemy". Guess we better lock her up for treason. Obviously I don't think its treason but I don't think this Trump issue is either.

Hillary is bought and paid for by every corporation from here to Timbuktu.....and she's in Russia's back pocket as well. But we have to pretend this isn't true because an outsider that the establishment hates is running.

TheMOle.....great post but its too lengthy for me to respond to it line by line at the moment. I'll get to it later. I do have one thing to say.....I am not someone who denies global warming is real. I read that again and it appeared I was mocking it due to stating other planets are heating up. I googled the debunkers and of course they say the opposite....the Sun is cooling down! I guess we no longer have to worry since its getting colder, not hotter.

It hasn't been debunked. Like many issues, there are differing opinions.

I also didn't know you were an astronomy buff. I know Bri is. Polluxlm to an extent. I should start posting more space news. The past couple years has been amazing on this subject.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Is an oligarch really an outsider, though?

Board footer