You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:

LOL!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I'll stick with predictions prior. Trump is going to get his clocked clean...big time.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

He was leading the polls last week! I know you hope to God this is over, but it's not even close to being so.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

He was leading the polls last week! I know you hope to God this is over, but it's not even close to being so.

He was leading in general match up. Not state polling, which he never has, not even close. We've been through this before. General polls are meaningless, while the EV numbers do not bode well for Trump.

I don't "hope this is over" but I am able to read. Data is very bad, and Trump's mouth is even worse. His party is in full freak out mode, Republicans are jumping ship, refusing to endorse, criticizing him publicly, and many are now voting for Hillary. Even the Koch brothers want nothing to do with him. He's finally hit the tipping point.

He's doing everything he can to weasel out of the debates because he knows he's going to get his ass handed to him.

So yes. I can see that this is a man who is unwilling to take advice. Unwilling to change his behavior. A man who consults solely with...himself. So he will continue this path of destruction until he loses, spectacularly.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Cramer wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

He was leading in general match up. Not state polling, which he never has, not even close. We've been through this before. General polls are meaningless. The numbers do not bode well for Trump.

I don't "hope this is over" but I am able to read. Data is very bad, and Trump's mouth is even worse. His party is in full freak out mode, Republicans are jumping ship, refusing to endorse, criticizing him publicly, and many are now voting for Hillary. Even the Koch brothers want nothing to do with him. He's finally hit the tipping point.

He's doing everything he can to weasel out of the debates because he knows he's going to get his ass handed to him.

So yes. I can see that this is a man who is unwilling to take advice. Unwilling to change his behavior. A man who consults solely with...himself. So he will continue this path of destruction until he loses, spectacularly.

His entire campaign staff has given up.  Did you read yesterday where the main guy Manfort basically just said fuck it since Trump never listens to his advice anyway?  He continues for some reason to continue bashing the Khans.

There is now some chatter about replacing him before the election.  And there's still 3 more months till the election.  Today Joe Scarbarough said that Trump asked 3 times about why the US can't use nukes.

Just this week alone he has: criticized fire marshalls for no reason, blamed the NFL for scheduling the presidential debates during week 1, got into a verbal war with Paul Ryan.  There's probably some stuff that I've missed out on since it's hard to keep track of the dumb shit he does on a daily basis.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slashsfro wrote:
Cramer wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

He was leading in general match up. Not state polling, which he never has, not even close. We've been through this before. General polls are meaningless. The numbers do not bode well for Trump.

His entire campaign staff has given up.  Did you read yesterday where the main guy Manfort basically just said fuck it since Trump never listens to his advice anyway?  He continues for some reason to continue bashing the Khans.

There is now some chatter about replacing him before the election.  And there's still 3 more months till the election.  Today Joe Scarbarough said that Trump asked 3 times about why the US can't use nukes.

Just this week alone he has: criticized fire marshalls for no reason, blamed the NFL for scheduling the presidential debates during week 1, got into a verbal war with Paul Ryan.  There's probably some stuff that I've missed out on since it's hard to keep track of the dumb shit he does on a daily basis.

Why can't the US use nukes?  Do you have a valid answer other than "they're scary"?  I don't see moral superiority in using TNT over a hydrogen bomb. This isn't 1945. Our weapons are much more sophisticated and cleaner, and people still live in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Trump didn't attack the NFL. He attacked the coordinators of the debates for scheduling the debates during high profile games, where most Americans will be instead of watching the debate. I'm not saying it isn't stupid, but Clinton and Schultz conspired to have the democratic debates on Saturday nights when most Americans would be doing anything other than watching TV.  There's a reason Clinton hasn't had a press conference in 6 months. She doesn't like having to answer questions that can be fact checked.

He got into a spat with Ryan. What else is new?  I'm not supporting Trump, but I kind of admire the GOP for actually having opinions rather than toe the line for the anointed queen.

This Khan shit is going to blow over and kudos to the DNC for creating this fiasco. I only wish some reporter would ask Kahn what his opinions are on marriage equality, abortion and women's rights. I have a hunch they won't line up with the DNC platform. I just find it funny the pundits trashed the RNC for having the parents of those killed in Benghazi on stage, but felt it ok to bring the parents of a dead soldier. Clinton lied to these families, that's beyond dispute. Kahn is an immigration lawyer who makes his money getting visas for Muslims, so I'm not shocked he's upset with Trump's desire to end our open boarder policy.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

He was leading in general match up. Not state polling, which he never has, not even close. We've been through this before. General polls are meaningless, while the EV numbers do not bode well for Trump.

How is any of that different to before? He's been running his mouth and polling bad since the beginning. All we heard was "no chance".

Since he started his campaign all the Trump predictions have been wrong. He was never going to win the primaries, and if he did, Clinton would win easily. Now he's the official nominee and running a lot closer to Hillary than anyone would have thought. Last week he managed to get half the country to say they'd vote for him, something that would never ever happen according to a lot of experts a few months ago. 

The man already did the impossible, and he did it listening to his own advice. No, he probably isn't likely to win considering the nature of the electorate map, but he wasn't likely to win the primaries either. Yet he did, facing virulent opposition from both inside and outside. I wouldn't underestimate him. This election is breaking all the rules.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Why can't the US use nukes?  Do you have a valid answer other than "they're scary"?  I don't see moral superiority in using TNT over a hydrogen bomb. This isn't 1945. Our weapons are much more sophisticated and cleaner, and people still live in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Probably because of the 100,000 people who died in Hiroshima about 98,000 were pretty much innocent victims living their lives on a day to day basis.  So there's that.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Neither one of you are paying attention to what is happening right now. This is not about the DNC. This is not about what the Khans may or may no believe about gay marriage. This is not about the NFL publicly stating that Trump is lying again. This is not about the GOP primaries (which polling showed conclusively that he would win btw.)

This is about Trump's campaign starting to fall apart. Trump's demagoguery is finally coming back to bite him on the ass. Prominent Republicans are beginning to endorse Hillary Clinton. They're calling Trump out for his dangerous rhetoric and will do anything they can to stop him. A new poll (from an A rated polling group) from Georgia...GEORGIA has him in a dead heat with Hillary. Trump's GOP convention made him less likable in the eyes of Americans. On and on...you're welcome to pivot to something else, but you'd only be shielding yourselves from the truth.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While I do agree there are certain situations where they may have to be used(North Korea for starters), it's not a very good sign when someone like Trump is asking these questions. Shouldn't he already know why we cant just start launching those left and right?

He was crazy for not listening to his advisers and acting more presidential.

Board footer