You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:

When the Republicans stop redistricting, then people can complain about that. Dems, too. At this point, they have elections so rigged with gerrymandering districts, it's basically cry me a river.

And it's not a given Hispanics and blacks will automatically vote democratic. Those are very conservative demographics, and if conservatives can't win them over who's fault is that?

The only rigged election we'll see this year is the one for the House. Just as it was in 2012, when the Democrats got well over a million more votes than the GOP and still remained the minority.

This.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think redistricting is worse than citizens united/money in politics.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think redistricting is worse than citizens united/money in politics.

It was one of the most most powerful and undemocratic moves perpetrated by the GOP IMO. Our "liberal" media rarely brings it up either, and most Americans have no idea.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm gonna mail my ballot in tomorrow. I usually put it off until the last second but fuck it. I want this election over with like yesterday.....

You still voting for Trump? Or you going all Flagg on us?

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Reading that article it basically says, "the more non white people we get in Texas, the better chance the Dems can win it". That is so fucking racist. Why not try to get everyone'a votes instead of pandering to just blacks and Hispanics. I hope the blacks and Hispanics take over the dem party and vote out all the white Dems that went out of their way to recruit them so they can stay in power. How about we do what is best for all of America regardless of race...

That's racist, but the party who alienates everyone who isn't a white, heterosexual, Christian isn't racist? Why is it racist when a party wants to court non-whites, but it isn't racist when a party wants to exclude everyone who isn't white?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

A new ABC national poll of likely voters has Hillary up by 12 points. I'd consider this an outlier (at this point anyway) but there were some very interesting tidbits inside that polling data:

• Clinton leads Trump by 20 percentage points among women, 55-35 percent. She's gained 12 points (and Trump's lost 16) from mid-October among non-college-educated white women, some of whom initially seemed to rally to Trump after disclosure of the videotape.

• Clinton has doubled her lead to 32 points, 62-30 percent, among college-educated white women, a group that’s particularly critical of his response to questions about his sexual conduct. (Seventy-six percent disapprove, 67 percent strongly.)

• That said, Clinton's also ahead numerically (albeit not significantly) among men, 44-41 percent, a first in ABC News and ABC/Post polling.

• Trump is just +4 among whites overall, 47-43 percent, a group Mitt Romney won by 20 points in 2012. Broad success among whites is critical for any Republican candidate; nonwhites, a reliably Democratic group, favor Clinton by 54 points, 68-14 percent.

Edit: OMG that last part was so racist about whites! /s

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Hillary wins I would be scared shitless if I'm Assange, and Putin shit the bed. A Clinton never forgets...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DQn3Szi4aA

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Hillary wins I would be scared shitless if I'm Assange, and Putin shit the bed. A Clinton never forgets...

Her first day in office she is going to dig up Vince Foster and kill him again. I read it online!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I guess you missed it when I said I wasn't a big fan?

Of course I didn't miss it. That's why I brought it up. You even give him credit for things you're apparently not a fan of but blame all of its negatives on the opposing side. Cant get any more partisan than that. 15

So they deserve ZERO blame for intentionally raising peoples premiums??

When did I say that? BOTH sides are to blame. Period.

Discussing demographics in regards to an election is hardly racist. Would it also be sexist to address female voters and how they relate to the election this year?

Come on guys...

Technically....no. However, that specific wording is suspect. If we turned it around and it said, "the more white people we get in Texas, the better chance we have to win"....I think people would condemn it.

That's racist, but the party who alienates everyone who isn't a white, heterosexual, Christian isn't racist? Why is it racist when a party wants to court non-whites, but it isn't racist when a party wants to exclude everyone who isn't white?

Which party is intentionally trying to exclude gays and minorities? Just because everyone isn't supporting gay marriage/adoption or jumping for joy over #BlackLivesMatter doesn't mean they are racist or homophobic.

Assange has nothing to fear but she's definitely itching for a showdown with Putin. She doesn't even attempt to hide this but all we get to hear about are these fantasy nuclear Trump wars that sound like something you would do on Civ 4.

All you Europeans better be stocking up on guns, water, and beanie weinies....

You still voting for Trump? Or you going all Flagg on us?

I joked on your site about voting for Ric Flair. I wound up writing him in as a protest vote. Had Johnson ever looked at a world map before I might have thrown a vote his way. I voted no on just about every proposition but eliminating plastic bags and marijuana and for senate/congress voted two dems, one repub. Independents need to start running more often for local and state.

In the Senate race this year it was two dems battling it out.

Had there not been so many propositions this year I probably would have sat this one out. That $2 cig tax is obscene.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, Cali is voting on pot legalization?

Board footer