You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Has Biden found the families of the 500 kids he promised to yet?  Or as was the case then, the parents can't be contacted because they don't want to be.

He doesn't give a shit.

Anybody see his press secretary yet? Yikes.  Her handling of the questions about Biden's mask EO was laughable.

EVERYBODY has to wear a mask in federal buildings.... except the president! He has bigger things to worry about. Please don't acknowledge the fact I'm not wearing one!

She lasts two months tops.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Fun followup to his Press Secretary's nonsense:

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

And a nice fuck you to Americans with diabetes.

EsWk7khW4AYD0Mu?format=jpg&name=medium

Neoliberal Plane only cares about corporate profits & donor class.

News at 11.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:

Has Biden found the families of the 500 kids he promised to yet?  Or as was the case then, the parents can't be contacted because they don't want to be.

He doesn't give a shit.

Anybody see his press secretary yet? Yikes.  Her handling of the questions about Biden's mask EO was laughable.

EVERYBODY has to wear a mask in federal buildings.... except the president! He has bigger things to worry about. Please don't acknowledge the fact I'm not wearing one!

She lasts two months tops.

She doesn’t answer anything directly. She didn’t know Deborah Birx left the Covid task force when Trump’s term ended. She says circle back or follow up to every question.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Fun followup to his Press Secretary's nonsense:

[/embed]

It's going to be a hell of a cluster fuck presidency.

Is it better than 24/7 Trump world? Yeah...but that's such a low bar.

Kids still in cages... remember when this was considered the worst thing Trump ever did even though Obama started it?

Good times. We're back to it flying under the radar.... just as I predicted months ago.

Now we're finding out there's no grand plan to dealing with the pandemic.

I'm sticking to my prediction....they're gonna swine flu their way out of it. Before summer we're going to open everything back up and let the chips fall where they may...

Have you noticed they're not as hot for that next stimulus as they were during the election? It's literally what got them the Senate for fucks sake.

She doesn’t answer anything directly.

Expect more of the same.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Nah, assuming States get their shit together quickly, Biden’s 100M vaccines in 100 days is plausible. I got my first Moderna shot today. It’ll be easier to conduct in urban centers with the infrastructure which coincidentally encompasses most of the population. He doesn’t deserve any credit for that, at least no more than Trump. He’s making that clear now when he’s trying to say there’s no plan in place despite 1.6 million people getting the shot Wednesday.

Democrats have power for the first time in 4 years. They also inherited an American not in a major conflict for the first time in 20 years. They’ve spent the past 4 years preaching crazy, just as the GOP did from 2010-2016, and now they’re going to be held accountable. You’re always going to have people who deny the sky is blue, but their buddy buddy relationship with the media is about to take a hit, and the party fights among itself to see who’s the most woke. How the fuck do you pass legislation middle America wants when you have to pretend some men have periods?

The wheels of government keep turning. Trump’s 4 years proved it. The court stays will be coming in the next few weeks as Biden is forced to cater to the biologically confused, and then hopefully he can focus on sanity. The Senate is split, and Manchin’s made it clear he’s not supporting any of the stupidity. Harris doesn’t factor in there on the big things. And if the left goes full throttle, the rumors of the Democrat from West Virginia joining the GOP might just happen.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

lol. The WHO and Fauci already made it clear the vaccine didn't mean things would go back to normal. But hey, holding out hope they flip-flop on that issue too. Try holding your breath for Jesus, I hear the payoff is that much greater...

Watching both Democrats and Republicans think "oh, this time it'll be different with my guy" is no different than watching Guns N' Roses fans think, "oh this week/month/year is gonna be the one Axl drops Chinese Democracy on us". You get what you deserve.

We're 2 days into the Presidency, we've seen a giant renege on promises, jackboots are already planted in Syria. Various interests have been leering towards war with Iran for decades, silicon valley is censoring the news and batting down dissent (literal Fascism, but hey, they're not Trump) with aggressive plans for expanding the surveillance state.

Washington DC is still under military occupation and no one is batting an eyelash. The media are doing room service journalism on Biden's socks and dog, Bernie's gloves, some stupid diversity poetry, and anything but the substantive issues facing the country. The only option on the table is things getting aggressively worse.

But yeah, Merck is gonna deliver this time.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Gonna be a fun 4 years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Oh look everyone....we’re entering day 3 of Biden’s term as president and the whole 4 years have been declared a failure here at GNR Evo.

Btw whoever was complaining about the stimulus checks...it’s in the stimulus plan that Biden and the Dems have proposed.

Board footer