You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh look everyone....we’re entering day 3 of Biden’s term as president and the whole 4 years have been declared a failure here at GNR Evo.

I never said it was gonna be a 4 year failure. I simply said it's gonna be a clusterfuck...which it is.

Btw whoever was complaining about the stimulus checks...it’s in the stimulus plan that Biden and the Dems have proposed

I didn't say no one was ever getting a stimulus.

They went from shouting from the rooftops daily about 2k stimulus when they weren't in power to no longer shouting from rooftops once gaining power....which is true.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nah, assuming States get their shit together quickly, Biden’s 100M vaccines in 100 days is plausible.

I didn't mean the vaccines weren't coming. That was happening no matter who won.

In Trump World, the experts told us even with vaccines you still had to wear a mask, social distance, and lockdowns still on tap. Also had to be reminded every day of the updated death toll and it's Trump's fault.

That's no longer how it's going to play out.

They're going to open it all back up.  Various governors, senators, etc. are already doing a 180 on their stance on lockdowns. Cuomo did an instant flip.

They're also going to stop focusing so much on the death toll.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My take is that the virus was always going to go badly in USA...because...

1. Some really high percentage of your workers have NO savings and live pay to pay. This doesn't go well with the government telling you to stay home.

2. Culturally your whole society and social history puts a strong importance on freedom, individuality and personal rights (see guns etc). This doesn't go well with being told new rules for what you can and can't do to minimise a virus.

3. Heathcare is mixed in the USA - got some of the best shit in the world, unless you are broke in which case you'll have a shockingly bad experience compared to a lot of other western nations. This was never going to go well with something that stresses out the heath system futher like a pandemic.

But those 3 things together and the virus was always going to play out pretty badly over there.

Personally I think you could pick any president and you would have had a shit show regardless because of those factors.

That said - the way mask wearing and other precautions got turned into another political football to play games with is lamentable and disgusting from both sides of politics who seemed to be flip flopping on it the whole time just to point score against each other.

Good news is Americans are kinda a badass optimistic people and I think you guys will cover come this and come back stronger eventually. That's what the USA does.

But it was always going to be ugly first.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh look everyone....we’re entering day 3 of Biden’s term as president and the whole 4 years have been declared a failure here at GNR Evo.

I never said it was gonna be a 4 year failure. I simply said it's gonna be a clusterfuck...which it is.

Btw whoever was complaining about the stimulus checks...it’s in the stimulus plan that Biden and the Dems have proposed

They went from shouting from the rooftops daily about 2k stimulus when they weren't in power to no longer shouting from rooftops once gaining power....which is true.

How much is supposed to get accomplished in 3 days?

I already see the republicans worrying about debt on a daily basis. The same republicans that ran on austerity in 2012.

The same ones that complained while the debt went down for 4 years and then they blew it all up again.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

How much is supposed to get accomplished in 3 days?

I already see the republicans worrying about debt on a daily basis. The same republicans that ran on austerity in 2012.

The same ones that complained while the debt went down for 4 years and then they blew it all up again.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

041-C6-CD3-8-F92-49-C4-A650-D78-C2756-D167.jpg

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Holy fuck.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Holy fuck.

[/embed]

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sorry SG but there is no justifying that. Anyone who does is kinda not right in the head, imo.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sorry SG but there is no justifying that. Anyone who does is kinda not right in the head, imo.

Cops shot an unarmed woman in the Capitol building who was just standing there. Nobody said a word. How is this different?

Back to your original point, I don’t like seeing that either. I would like to know what caused this. I was reading the comments and looks like the police were trying to leave to chase a suspect and people surrounded the car to protect the suspect?

Board footer