You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Why can't the fanbase drop the negativity even when there is good news

Neemo wrote:

It's just been too long and soo many missed opportunities, management treating the fans badly, lack of communication ... the fan base is jaded and divided

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I’m happy about the new version of Silkworms.

That’s cool.

People bitch and complain cause they like this band. They want more.

As for tshirts fuck that shit. Maybe if they had shirts that were made in the USA I’d get their merch. But they want to be greedy in that regard so they can eat my shit.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

I am pretty positive now after Absurd was played and with Hardschool on the alt setlist, with a screen made so very likely that is played. I believe it will be played tomorrow and then HS and Absurd will be rotated. Granted there are still a couple of things to be negative about which like Axl sounding really bad. But I can forgive that if they play Hardschool. I will only be negative if after like a month or two after the USA tour there is no announcement of an album or something. Slash interviews don't count as he is turning into the new Fortus interview wise. But yeah things right now look way better than in recent years.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

honestly, it's just not that fun being a gn'r fan. there are occasional bursts of awesomeness, but it only happens every few years due to chance. without the locker leaks, the past few years would have been INSANELY boring. being a gn'r fan is like being a wwe fan - you watch because they are loaded with talent and potential, but are constantly disappointed due to bad decision making.

i'm glad they played silkworms, but its straight up vince mcmahon booking. 14

are there any other bands that actively hate their hardcore fanbase? i can't think of any other example.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

honestly, it's just not that fun being a gn'r fan.

Bullseye.

I think Gn'R should take cues from 1993 and just have fun. Run a contest to find the most musically talented Domino's pizza guy or girl.

And start unloading some of the vault. Release a string of singles, let's say 4 singles. 1 single a month with 2 new songs and 2 alternate versions. That's 8 new songs. You've sold half of your album before it's even released and you can force them to double dip for the other half.

Go one further and make the final album be different from the single versions.

Think creatively and outside the box. I want the EDM version of Absurd. I want the 12" version of There Was A Time. I want the acoustic version of Madagascar. I dunno. Do cool shit. Do some of this cool shit at your concerts.

Live a little.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:

Of all the unreleased CD songs to play live first they do silkworms, its just Axl trolling the hard core fans. He knows most of us want hard school  so he picked the CD leftover song most fans hated.   

the funny thing is, i loved the 2001 version, and what does Axl do, he like all the CD studio songs made it worse. And instead of making it overproduced,what did he do? He stripped out lyrics and made the song way too repetitive.  The 2001 version flowed way better and  it had a real chorus. Now the chorus is just Axl saying absurd over and over again.   It sucks we will never get a proper 2001 version with the full lyrics.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I see lots of posts saying empty the vault or some such but personally I really don't think there is a "vault" ... I'm guessing maybe an album and a half from CD sessions but I think everything from the original Era has been released

I'd love to be wrong of course...

For me I kinda checked out like 10 years ago...and tbh the band hasn't really done anything since to entice me to come back with open arms...I still check in and try to keep up on current events and I keep an eye on this forum but that's about it...I can't even remember the last time I listened to a gnr album

My daughter has shown interest in the band...at least the hits...i played estranged for her and felt that even that song hasnt aged well...I'm not even sure what that means

I try not to bad mouth the band cuz I know alot of you are still quite passionate...but for me I think I've come to the realization that the band I loved in my youth...all the bands that I enjoyed as a teenager will never be topped for me...maybe it's part of getting older, or maybe I'm just jaded...regardless I'm more likely to dive into deep discography of band from the 70s than listen to anything newer than 1995...lol

Regarding people flocking back cuz they played Silkworms/Absurd is kinda funny, but i didnt care for the song 20 years ago and imo it sounded worse this time around without Bucket/Robin/Brain/Pitman...I can't believe that I'd ever say something like that, lol but there it is, I mean those Nu-GnR guys were wayy more suited to playing that industrial avant-garde shit than slash and duff imho

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I see lots of posts saying empty the vault or some such but personally I really don't think there is a "vault" ... I'm guessing maybe an album and a half from CD sessions but I think everything from the original Era has been released

Yeah who knows but we're looking at a minimum of 4 different versions of CD tracks alone.

Some might not be released for legal reasons.

It's important this is all shared as quickly as possible, imo, and Gn'R would be wise to make a buck where they can.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We already know from Stinson how many finished/near finished tracks they have after CD's release.....

Twenty Two

He said everything else besides those was sketches and scraps not worthy of release.

I believe him....and the Village Leaks of 20 year old sessions reinforces his comments.

Rough mixes of UYI...a few demos....TSI demos and two unreleased tracks....

Then you've got literal mountains of live footage they never did anything with....

That's a vault. May not be as impressive as a Stones or Springsteen vault....but it's enough to warrant releases down the road.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

We already know from Stinson how many finished/near finished tracks they have after CD's release.....

Twenty Two

He said everything else besides those was sketches and scraps not worthy of release.

I believe him....and the Village Leaks of 20 year old sessions reinforces his comments.

22 + the 14 on CD = 36

36 / 3 = 12.

There’s your trilogy. Three albums averaging 12 songs on each.

It may not have all been bullshit and if you look at how sketches in 2000 like Shackler become full songs in 2008, there’s even potential for a few more than 22 by this stage.

And we may be finally heading to the launchpad 9

Board footer