You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Use Your Illusion 30th Anniversary

James wrote:

Looking at UYI I and II now.... listening to Locomotive...and thinking more about a 2 disc set.....man....

I don't know what they can really do with it if going beyond a straight up remaster. Not much room for extra songs really.

How about a best of UYI with a disc of demos and live cuts added?

Disc 1

Live and Let Die
Don't Cry
November Rain
The Garden
Garden of Eden
Dead Horse
Civil War
Yesterdays
KOHD
Estranged
YCBM
Don't Cry (alt)

Disc 2

YCBM demo

A few other demos

Live stuff like that NYE performance of LALD, 91 MTV performance of LALD, 92 VMA performance of November Rain, Freddy Mercury tribute performance of KOHD, maybe Dead Flowers from Skin N Bones tour

What a mess for anyone having to compile such a set.

Wait, you intentionally left out Coma and Locomotive but kept in The Garden and Garden of Eden?  10

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

Looking at UYI I and II now.... listening to Locomotive...and thinking more about a 2 disc set.....man....

I don't know what they can really do with it if going beyond a straight up remaster. Not much room for extra songs really.

How about a best of UYI with a disc of demos and live cuts added?

Disc 1

Live and Let Die
Don't Cry
November Rain
The Garden
Garden of Eden
Dead Horse
Civil War
Yesterdays
KOHD
Estranged
YCBM
Don't Cry (alt)

Disc 2

YCBM demo

A few other demos

Live stuff like that NYE performance of LALD, 91 MTV performance of LALD, 92 VMA performance of November Rain, Freddy Mercury tribute performance of KOHD, maybe Dead Flowers from Skin N Bones tour

What a mess for anyone having to compile such a set.

Wait, you intentionally left out Coma and Locomotive but kept in The Garden and Garden of Eden?  10

In the chance some sort of UYI compilation happens where both get combined to make room for other stuff, the singles will make the cut....not deep cuts.

Casuals don't give a fuck about deep cuts.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

They've played Coma and Locomotive in the past few years, I'd wager either Garden hasn't been played since the early 90s.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

They've played Coma and Locomotive in the past few years, I'd wager either Garden hasn't been played since the early 90s.

Played em for hardcores.... everyone else took a piss or bought another beer.

Yeah they haven't been played but anyone going to Google/YouTube to look up official GNR videos, every song on the list above will show up.

That puts them in contention for any type of condensed compilation.

Well KOHD and Civil War won't but those were mega singles without videos...so they make it.

I bet they regret having Izzy do DTJ. Became a permanent part of the setlist in the 90s, brought back for the reunion, but the studio version is different and sticks out.

Hey... there's an idea for a bonus track....

James

James wrote:

I just remembered this...they've already done it before so it's an option that's certainly on the table. Yeah the reason was different but still...

Can even use the same album cover....

GNR_Use_Your_Illusion.jpg

http://www.gnrevolution.com/disc.php?id=4214

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It depends on what they have to work with.

This is what I'd personally be interested in and think is likely:

Disc 1&2
Remastered

Disc 3
Sketches, ie: Estranged trilogy
Demos / alts
Adler versions

Disc 4
UYI "best of" minus mixes

Disc 5
TSI

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

A new album gives them 2-3 years of touring life. If they somehow have a double album/two albums, then they can do a Metallica Load+Reload, and release them 1 year to 18 months apart. That gives them 3-5 years of life which puts them in UYI 35th anniversary territory.

Then if this show somehow meanders long enough to 2028 you've got a CD anniversary boxset/vault unload followed by a last hoorah nostalgia fest. And hey who knows, maybe they can find time to do another album or EP in that timepsan.

We'll see though. Can't discount that Axl cares about his adopted family and maybe keeps back some posthumous stuff for them to have one last payday after he's gone.

Board footer