You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Billboard Top 25 Rock Albums this week

Sky Dog wrote:

That’s every song they have! Just buy the albums!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Rock n Roll died at the same time the West did. More than anything it was the music genre that defined the post war West. When they started ushering in the new world about 20 years ago there was no room for rebellious white men in the culture anymore. What you are seeing now is dying men bying dead music. In 30-40 years you won't even need a rock chart because all the fans will be dead. You never see another Tacitus or Aristophanes after about 200AD. This is the same thing.

Sky Dog wrote:

That’s a bit much! Rock and Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution…

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Rock n Roll died at the same time the West did. More than anything it was the music genre that defined the post war West. When they started ushering in the new world about 20 years ago there was no room for rebellious white men in the culture anymore.

I was saying something "different but the same" as Cheech would say in real time back in the late 90s....when TPTB were shoving gangsta rap down our throats until people willingly swallowed it.

The moment I saw young white college guys wearing oversized pants down to their ankles and speaking ebonics, I knew we'd never recover from it....and we didn't.

I forgot who said it but it came out years later the CIA and other agencies were intentionally pushing this crap on the youth. Didn't surprise me....there was no other way in hell the masses would have naturally gravitated to noise pollution spewing nonsense about killing cops, bitches and hoes, life in downtown Compton, and yelling "the N word' every few seconds.

Now look at the music industry.

On this subject...I'll never forget that time I saw a guy at the Wherehouse(music store) with a CD in his hand asking the girl at the counter if it's East or West coast.....

What difference does it make?!? You're not a fucking Blood or Crip!!! You're just a white bread dipshit listening to music you can't relate to.

It still makes me want to scream.

In 30-40 years you won't even need a rock chart because all the fans will be dead. You never see another Tacitus or Aristophanes after about 200AD. This is the same thing.

This is true....and it's a scary thought.

I talk about this every now and then... we're already seeing it start to happen.

Even the Beatles.... literally the biggest band in history...while still popular....are fading in relevance.

In the 2020s and beyond...the biggest Beatles song is Here Comes the Sun.

That's like an Izzy or Duff song becoming the #1 GNR song in 20 years.

Frank Sinatra is essentially already on the ash heap of history....and he's one of the biggest icons of the 20th century.

The Rat Pack?!?.... shit....most people can't even remember the Brat Pack and that happened 20 years later!

Once the generations that experienced something are dead....only a small fraction of their culture will remain....and the fact we've been documenting so much of it since the invention of TV, film, photographs, etc doesn't change this fact.

It'll all rot in an archive or like a ton of stuff from the film studios... simply be tossed in the trash.

Another example is the internet. Remember how they told us ALL of this stuff would be permanently archived...and what you say on the internet stays forever?!?

BULLSHIT.

Anyone remember all the forums, newsgroups, chat rooms, and websites you were a member of in the 1990s and 2000s?

Go take a look at em....they're gone.

Yeah there's a handful on the internet archive (Way back Machine) but in most cases, it's just the front page or main index. The actual content doesn't exist.

15 years ago Myspace was what Facebook and Instagram are in today's culture. A massive community.... social media, music, forums...

Go take a look now.....

https://myspace.com/

All of that content....GONE.

Just imagine how much of our history has slipped through the cracks of time. For every Shakespeare there's probably ten just as good or better that no one will know that they existed.

Imagine all the ancient history lost.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

This is true....and it's a scary thought.

I talk about this every now and then... we're already seeing it start to happen.

Even the Beatles.... literally the biggest band in history...while still popular....are fading in relevance.

In the 2020s and beyond...the biggest Beatles song is Here Comes the Sun.

That's like an Izzy or Duff song becoming the #1 GNR song in 20 years.

Frank Sinatra is essentially already on the ash heap of history....and he's one of the biggest icons of the 20th century.

The Rat Pack?!?.... shit....most people can't even remember the Brat Pack and that happened 20 years later!

Once the generations that experienced something are dead....only a small fraction of their culture will remain....and the fact we've been documenting so much of it since the invention of TV, film, photographs, etc doesn't change this fact.

It'll all rot in an archive or like a ton of stuff from the film studios... simply be tossed in the trash.

Another example is the internet. Remember how they told us ALL of this stuff would be permanently archived...and what you say on the internet stays forever?!?

BULLSHIT.

Anyone remember all the forums, newsgroups, chat rooms, and websites you were a member of in the 1990s and 2000s?

Go take a look at em....they're gone.

Yeah there's a handful on the internet archive (Way back Machine) but in most cases, it's just the front page or main index. The actual content doesn't exist.

15 years ago Myspace was what Facebook and Instagram are in today's culture. A massive community.... social media, music, forums...

Go take a look now.....

https://myspace.com/

All of that content....GONE.

Just imagine how much of our history has slipped through the cracks of time. For every Shakespeare there's probably ten just as good or better that no one will know that they existed.

Imagine all the ancient history lost.

I believe that some of these things like love of music are passed on through generations.   It's just not happening with this current group. I have two nephews who are around teenage level.  All they give a shit about is video games as far as popular culture goes.  No,wait they like whatever shit is on Disney/Marvel and whatever's popular(and modern). But as far as actual rock music, I could talk to them about it and they'd go blank and glaze pretty quickly.

I shudder to think how bad it will be in the next 10 years when some of these guys (movies and music) die off.  There's no one to carry on the torch. It will never be the same and the trends that you see now will either remain or get worse.

Board footer