You are not logged in. Please register or login.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Re: The General confirmed next

WOWOWOWOW ... Really happy with the song and confirmation of The General next... a dream come true

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wqs chatting to Gibbo offline who reminded me how Slash did that music for Halloween Horror Nights a few years back, that sort of thing might really suit the intense (as far as we could hear) sound of The General.

Very excited for this.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

So i confess my knowledge of records is slim (i grew up with cassette's and CD's) but if this is right...

7" Records (often referred to as 45's) can be cut at 45 RPM or 33 1/3 RPM. When cut at 33 1/3 you can hold approximately 6:00 minutes per side. When cut at 45 you can hold approximately 4:30 minutes per side. These numbers are not set in stone, just a suggested maximum. Going over these suggestions can result in a loss of sound quality. https://www.urpressing.com/7-inch/

That means The General is probably under 6 min. Also this could be hopefull thinking but I find it hard to believe there wont be a CD at all. Them actually making a video for this song and the song getting good reviews makes me think it will at least outsell Hard skool and for sure Absurd.

so what if the reason one hasn't been announced yet is that there is more on it than 2 songs?

On a 7" they can obviously only fit 2 songs but knowing this band they could still be deciding on live tracks to fill out a CD. Or maybe it will be held back untill the other couple of songs are ready to go.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/Sxms9j2j/Screenshot-49.png

I dont doubt I'm more than likely wrong with the lyrics to this thing. But when I tried to improve the audio to hear the words one of the line's i settled on was "Monster's call me, Monsters coming" just before the heavy section.

Maybe the general is a monster after all

For once could he just say, yes it will be on streaming when it releases. Like we know the answer is yes.

The cryptic, hint bullshit got old a long time ago.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Axl S wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/Sxms9j2j/Screenshot-49.png

I dont doubt I'm more than likely wrong with the lyrics to this thing. But when I tried to improve the audio to hear the words one of the line's i settled on was "Monster's call me, Monsters coming" just before the heavy section.

Maybe the general is a monster after all

For once could he just say, yes it will be on streaming when it releases. Like we know the answer is yes.

The cryptic, hint bullshit got old a long time ago.

It will probably be released 3 days early by accident on a radio station in GTA 5 online or something stupid

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think he's trying to be funny - like quoting lyrics from perhaps and the general in his answer.

But there's been so much drama over the years that I agree some straight info wouldn't hurt!

That said, perhaps is out, the general is coming, it's party time.

I just need them not to forget about state of grace next time hahahaha.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I would recommend people to lower their expectations regarding The General

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Guns N’ Roses return with a brand new single entitled “Perhaps” out now via Geffen Records. Written and recorded by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan this year, it stands out as the legendary rock band’s first release since 2021. 7” includes another new song on the B-Side, “The General.”

Tracklist:
Side G: Perhaps
Side R: The General

Limit 4 per customer

May this indicate that Perhaps was written by Axl alone back in the day?
Or was it something written by them prior to Chinese Democracy sessions that Axl decided to use?

Remember Fortus said they did work on previous band's material.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

otto wrote:

I would recommend people to lower their expectations regarding The General

Why? It seems clear se gonna have it

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't really care if The General lives up to the hype or not. Like monkeychow said it sounds like it could be a deep cut of sorts and that by itself is interesting. It is also a brand new song that hasn't leaked. The last time we got to hear a fresh, finished studio track was in 2008.

Board footer