You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: McCain picks Sarah Palin for Vice President

James wrote:

Yeah, she's as close to a Reagan style republican that this country will ever get, and people know that. Its an amazing choice, and watching the Obama "change" bandwagon jump all over an outsider with executive credentials is gonna be great.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

And to those who say conservatives dont wont women to vote, and wouldnt vote for Obama because he is black, or other stupid bullshit like that, you really have no clue. No clue at all.

It was a joke. Come now, people don't think like that anymore--I hope.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Among many elderly and poor, even some middle class, I don't think that's too far off the bat. They might not be totally against it, but I'm sure there is some proclivity towards the white male. Which is only natural, considering. We are moving away from it, but considering we've yet to see a female or black President, and that goes for most of the western world, I don't think we can say we've arrived quite yet.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, she's as close to a Reagan style republican that this country will ever get, and people know that. Its an amazing choice, and watching the Obama "change" bandwagon jump all over an outsider with executive credentials is gonna be great.

Absolutley man. I have been waiting for this type of leader for some time now. I thought Bush was going to be that. Oh well...

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

And to those who say conservatives dont wont women to vote, and wouldnt vote for Obama because he is black, or other stupid bullshit like that, you really have no clue. No clue at all.

It was a joke. Come now, people don't think like that anymore--I hope.

Okay man. Sorry to fly off like that. I just have actually heard people claim that and it drives me nuts!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

palintp2.jpg

Now is that the face of a winner, or is that the face of a winner?

Change. Change we can believe in.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

01125106.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Wow, damn good choice for McCain. 

Bad news for Obama.  And bad news for the rest of us as well.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Is she really the "renegade" governor McCains making her out to be?? 

http://faithfulprogressive.blogspot.com … where.html

Apparently it's already come out she was "for" the bridge to nowhere, even was quoted as wanting to hurry it up before the GOP lost their majority in the senate. It was only after the bridge to nowhere became a national laughingstock that she later opposed it. She was even quoted in the Anchorage Daily News as saying "Yes" she is for it. So, first she was for a $300 Million dollar bridge project in Alaska, then she was against it??

Personally, even though I'm a Democrat, I just don't find her electable. The qquestion "Is your VP ready to take office on Day 1 is bound to come up in debates. Obama has an answer, I don't see how McCain can answer it. Also, James, I know what you're saying about Obama not being able to say anything bad about her lack of experience, but on the other hand don't you see that working both ways? McCain really can't talk about Obama's lack of experience as much anymore, because at 72 his VP has alot more weight than most elections. McCain had 1 strong point over Obama, and now he reduces that strength. And I still don't see McCain having any strength on economic issues, not helping him was his quote earlier this year saying "I don't know much about the economy".  I noticed even conservative Michael Savage doesn't get it.

www.michaelsavage.com

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't give a flying fuck about the environment, I give a fuck about prices, and as long as the oil companies are willing to make a little less, to take the pressure off me, I have no problem with them CONTINUING to make money on oil.

It'll be years before the oil is being pumped & used. By then we'll need to be looking for alternate energies anyway, because even forign oil will be dwindling because China, Russia & India will be using more than us anyway. Might as well be proactive and start looking now, 10 year searly.

Maybe, but that's NOT WHAT IT'S FUCKING ABOUT!

GOD, I can't count how many THICK people still don't get it.

It's not ABOUT pumping oil dude. It's about fueling SPECULATION that we're getting OUT of the foreign oil business. It's about making those ragheads think they're gonna have to take their business elsewhere, because we're going domestic.

Bush symbolically lifting the ban on off shore drilling, within days PLUMMETED prices, some places dropped over $0.60 cents a gallon in just a day and a half.

The stock market works on speculation. Always has. Always will. Just making them THINK we're going to start drilling got prices down, and INSTANTLY. Continuing to put the pressure on and play the poker game we call the world, BLUFFING, we further drive down prices, I guarantee. I know my guarantee doesn't mean much, but i'd bet my life on it.

Board footer