You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: Last Statements From Offenders Executed In Texas

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/executedoffenders.htm

Just been reading this and thought a couple of you might find it interesting to have a look at.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

After reading about 30 of them I gotta say they're pretty similar. Most admit to what they've done, ask for forgiveness and has turned to religion. Nobody justifies what they've done. At least one or two appear to be innocent.

Interesting.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Yeah they are a lot that say that.  Some aren't quoted due to profanity and a couple make quite strange statements.  One says 'only the sky and the green grass go on forever and today is a good day to die' and nothing more.

I've been reading the offender information and I've noticed that the overwhelming majority of white and hispanics are quite short in height, from about 5'1" to 5'8".  Bit random but I wonder if short men are more given to violent crime?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

That's pretty cool. I remember reading one in Newsweek years ago, it said something like "I'd like to say goodbye to my ever loving Mother, and the rest of the world can kiss my ass." The guy was a murderer though, so I don't want to put him on a pedestal, but I always thought it was interesting what he said about his mother. Where'd he go wrong in life?!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That's pretty cool. I remember reading one in Newsweek years ago, it said something like "I'd like to say goodbye to my ever loving Mother, and the rest of the world can kiss my ass." The guy was a murderer though, so I don't want to put him on a pedestal, but I always thought it was interesting what he said about his mother. Where'd he go wrong in life?!

Have you ever watched Psycho IV: The Beginning?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, no. What's it get into, his Mother issues?!

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Have you ever watched Psycho IV: The Beginning?

ROFL

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Texans enjoy nothing more than a daily execution...

I think there will be only two on thanksgiving, this year...

Board footer