You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Hahahaha, funny stuff! 3 14

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

https://twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/status … 7776977920

Straight from the man himself a couple weeks ago! Going to be epic. Please let this happen DLR! 9

Me_Wise_Magic

WATCH THE NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK..DO IT!!! I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Haha when I saw that this thread had activity in the last 17 hours, I knew exactly what it was about!

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah man! Simply amazing! More details.

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/11/07/middle-e … van-halen/

Me_Wise_Magic

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/12/01/new-van- … r-in-2015/

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/12/05/the-wild … -fired-up/

DLR talks about future album, new song, and tour plans for probably 2015 or sometime next year if all goes well.

Also this site has been releasing vault material from a soundtrack Eddie did back in '84 for a movie called, The Wild Life. Alot of songs were re-worked as final tracks with vocals and more instruments for the releases of 5150, OU812, and even some stuff from ADKoT. smile

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Idk if this stuff has been discussed in other threads, but some interesting stuff is happening with Van Halen lately.  Rumors are flying around about a Van Hagar reunion, because
1. Sammy and Eddie exchanged a couple tweets lately, and
2. Dave attempted a live reunion with his original solo band.

(If I'm missing something, someone please let me know)

Some other interesting things:
- Chickenfoot maybe be releasing a new single some time soon, they've announced the intention to record at least.
- John 5 mentioned there is a new DLR solo album that's been in the can for a while, and just waiting for Dave to pull the trigger.

I'm kind of hoping for a Van Hagar reunion here.  I absolutely love ADKOT - but there doesn't seem to be much movement on a new album, and I'd love to hear that DLR album with John 5 and/or DLR's reunion with Steve Vai.  I also really like Chickenfoot, but that band doesn't seem to be going anywhere either, and I don't care for Sammy's other solo work - so a Van Hagar reunion is the next best thing to a new Chickenfoot album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I almost shit my pants when that Eat Em reunion almost happened. It deserved more media attention than it received. I'd love to see that lineup reunite for one more ride.

I care nothing about Van Hagar.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Yeah man, I was really disappointed that didn't happen too. And I was hoping it was going to be more than just a one off.  But hey, it still might happen, we shall see.  If I read anything else about it, I'll update the thread.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I almost shit my pants when that Eat Em reunion almost happened. It deserved more media attention than it received. I'd love to see that lineup reunite for one more ride.

I care nothing about Van Hagar.

I care nothing about DLR butchering Van Halen live.

VH are in a pickle. DLR's voice is shit outside of a studio setting. He's done live. DONE imo. I can't stand to listen to him live anymore.

Sammy is like fucking nearly 70 and still kills it on vocals. Even if he just comes in and plays all of the DLR catalog, i'd rather have Sammy sing DLR's songs, than DLR these days for VH.

But yeah, in terms of new music like "Up For Breakfast", crap like that... fuck that noise. Outside of the total one-off that was 5150 (their last big album), Van Hagar was a singles-act. But they were a great singles act. Especially the ballads that DLR couldn't perform.

But yeah, if Van Halen is going to continue to exist as a live act, it's Sammy or retire. DLR needs to just retire from live performing. He's done.

Looking back, it seems like that Tokyo Dome live release was the death knell in the DLR reunion. They got major shit for that, and now DLR is recording fucking grunge songs, and Eddie wants nothing to do with that. It's crazy right now in VH world.

Board footer