You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So yes, my problem is that new band fans can go forever with the agressive and passive agressive posts, they can go with their stir shit up posts, which are all insults, masked better or worse - but Bono is banned for his unmasked insult. I'd say either warn and ban all sides, or nobody. Would prefer the first.

You're insulting my intelligence now. This site has been notorious for being a safe place for all the "haters and whiners" for YEARS, now we're being accused of the exact opposite??


Yeah, Im not a fan of "bans" especially to long time members. screams HTGTH a little too much for me and that's my biggest fear with this place.

been great but I can almost feel the tide turning day by day.

D, you're being a little dramatic. While I have not participated in the discussions you guys are referring to and check the GNR section once in a blue moon, I can assure you there's no conspiracy to turn this place into HTGTH 2.0

If/when there is that sort of an agenda, I'll delete my account and you'll all know it's coming.


A temp ban is meant more as a "cooling off period" and not meant as a real ban. If the person in question is being relentless, wont stop, and its interfering with other members posting/reading of the site, you can bet your ass they get sent to the corner for a timeout.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

Axlin16 wrote:

James Lofton got banned. Goddamn son, you've gotta be a crazy mother fucker to be an Admin and get banned from your own site.


16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

Mikkamakka wrote:
Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So yes, my problem is that new band fans can go forever with the agressive and passive agressive posts, they can go with their stir shit up posts, which are all insults, masked better or worse - but Bono is banned for his unmasked insult. I'd say either warn and ban all sides, or nobody. Would prefer the first.

You're insulting my intelligence now. This site has been notorious for being a safe place for all the "haters and whiners" for YEARS, now we're being accused of the exact opposite??

I don't say it's the _exact opposite_, but I think the active mods have less patience towards doubters than towards believers. That's it. I read a lot of shit here that somehow doesn't result a warning, while other shit results a warning or (or very rarely) a ban. To be sincere I think those people who are looking for some trouble can go with it, if they are fans of the new band. That's their free card.
I'm not saying the situation is crucial, since it's still the best and most intelligent GN'R board I know. But there is a tendency. It seems like I'm not the only one here with this opinion.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Regarding this thread: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 26#p249126

I'm sorry to not let this go....but it doesn't seem remotely reasonable to me.

Recapping then, when Bono says people are fanboys that's apparently an insult but if I point out that the reason he's paranoid about fanboys is because high profile members of the GNR fanbase post nonsense for rewards from management thats just me "enabling" him.

Meanwhile it's fine for other uses to bait him...or as it's been said....."play his own game" on him? But if he responds and says that that response to his post and the attempt to mock/bait him are 'pathetic'...then he's given time out for being a problem user?

I'm sorry but he should be allowed to post a ridiculous opinion like TWAT is a bad song, and if other people think it's ridiculous then fine call him on it, but if they themselves are going to do so in a manner that's somewhat provocational themselves, then it doesn't seem reasonable to suddenly get all hurt and thin-skinned about etiquette when he calls the attempt to bait him pathetic.

There's a number of users here who can get quite belligerent during a debate.

Again, just to be clear, because I don't think I'm getting my point across, my posts were in no way directed at Bono's two posts about TWAT. It was aimed at a history of disrespecting members here by one single poster. Whatever problem you have with jarmo has NOTHING to do with how you treat your fellow members in an community as tight as ours. There's no excuse for that.

I do think Bono can be a good guy. We can get along. It has nothing to do with TWAT, or a anything like that. Again, it's respecting the members here. If Bono wasn't so abrasive I would have no problem with Bono, whatsoever. or any opinion he has. I got along with 55555's and Dizzy back in the day at HTGTH who HATED the new line up and took every opportunity to take shots at the band. And they never, ever disrespected anyone. Ever.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So yes, my problem is that new band fans can go forever with the agressive and passive agressive posts, they can go with their stir shit up posts, which are all insults, masked better or worse - but Bono is banned for his unmasked insult. I'd say either warn and ban all sides, or nobody. Would prefer the first.

You're insulting my intelligence now. This site has been notorious for being a safe place for all the "haters and whiners" for YEARS, now we're being accused of the exact opposite??

I don't say it's the _exact opposite_, but I think the active mods have less patience towards doubters than towards believers. That's it. I read a lot of shit here that somehow doesn't result a warning, while other shit results a warning or (or very rarely) a ban. To be sincere I think those people who are looking for some trouble can go with it, if they are fans of the new band. That's their free card.
I'm not saying the situation is crucial, since it's still the best and most intelligent GN'R board I know. But there is a tendency. It seems like I'm not the only one here with this opinion.


I think that just boils down to people getting sick to death of the same old same old.


Axl's voice sucks
Axl's finished
Slash is better cause he records still
When's CD II coming out?
GN'R is dead
DJ sucks
Robin sucks
Richard sucks


Pick 2-3 out of those, and i'm just as guilty. I think people are far more tolarant of positivity than negativity just from a human psyche point of view. Has nothing to do with Evo exclusively.

When these guys (Neemo, Will, whoever) are busier than hell and have REAL life things to deal with, it's far easier to keep the ship going with positive thoughts than it is with having to, when you have NO time, sift through complaints and arguments over literally fucking nothing.


I can totally see their point of view, and I don't see it has some sort of conscious decision to stick it to the haters. It just makes their life and the operation of this board simpler and faster.


jmho

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:

You're insulting my intelligence now. This site has been notorious for being a safe place for all the "haters and whiners" for YEARS, now we're being accused of the exact opposite??

I don't say it's the _exact opposite_, but I think the active mods have less patience towards doubters than towards believers. That's it. I read a lot of shit here that somehow doesn't result a warning, while other shit results a warning or (or very rarely) a ban. To be sincere I think those people who are looking for some trouble can go with it, if they are fans of the new band. That's their free card.
I'm not saying the situation is crucial, since it's still the best and most intelligent GN'R board I know. But there is a tendency. It seems like I'm not the only one here with this opinion.


I think that just boils down to people getting sick to death of the same old same old.


Axl's voice sucks
Axl's finished
Slash is better cause he records still
When's CD II coming out?
GN'R is dead
DJ sucks
Robin sucks
Richard sucks


Pick 2-3 out of those, and i'm just as guilty. I think people are far more tolarant of positivity than negativity just from a human psyche point of view. Has nothing to do with Evo exclusively.

When these guys (Neemo, Will, whoever) are busier than hell and have REAL life things to deal with, it's far easier to keep the ship going with positive thoughts than it is with having to, when you have NO time, sift through complaints and arguments over literally fucking nothing.


I can totally see their point of view, and I don't see it has some sort of conscious decision to stick it to the haters. It just makes their life and the operation of this board simpler and faster.


jmho

Yeah, we are on the same page. I can fully understand that it's a fan site, hence being a fan of everything they do and not being critical is more acceptable than disliking 50-90% of the stuff they do and wanting things they don't do. However it's not an everyday band in terms of functioning, so the forum is not like... U2's tongue

None of the mods expect blind loyalism and fanboyism here. Fact. But I cannot recall a single occasion, when the agressive or very passive agressive pro-new band fans got warnings and the "other side" didn't.

But it doesn't affect my life. Fact. Even tough I sometimes find myself in heated debates, I don't really care too much anymore about this band and the related bands. Unfortunately. I miss those times.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

-D- wrote:

I like the dialogue here. makes me feel more at ease about it.

U gotta understand, i spent years and years posting on a site i believed in *still 2nd most posts, although I haven't posted much the past year or so......* and saw it all come crashing down. Didn't mind as much cause back then i had all the free time in the world to do nothing but post.

these days, i work two jobs, am about to get married etc... besides Facebook, I post on ONE forum on the net.... and that is here.

just don't want to waste what little time I have during the day and have the same shit happen.

This place is special and thats hard to find on the internet. i want it to stay that way.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, just to be clear, because I don't think I'm getting my point across, my posts were in no way directed at Bono's two posts about TWAT. It was aimed at a history of disrespecting members here by one single poster. Whatever problem you have with jarmo has NOTHING to do with how you treat your fellow members in an community as tight as ours. There's no excuse for that.

I do think Bono can be a good guy. We can get along. It has nothing to do with TWAT, or a anything like that. Again, it's respecting the members here. If Bono wasn't so abrasive I would have no problem with Bono, whatsoever. or any opinion he has. I got along with 55555's and Dizzy back in the day at HTGTH who HATED the new line up and took every opportunity to take shots at the band. And they never, ever disrespected anyone. Ever.

This is funny cause you are as disrespectful or more so than anyone here. Difference is you do it in a  manipulative, "subtle" condescending way. NOTHING is worse than a guy who claims to disagree with what other's do yet he does it all the time and acts like he doesn't.


It's so funny too considering my opinion on TWAT was met with shit like this

misterID wrote:

ISE is PERFECT!!! If you don't think so you're fucked in the head!!!! !!! It's a fact!!! Because I say so!!! Arrrrgghhhh! **HULK SMASH!**
(sarcasm)

gee I wonder who that was  directed at. In relation to the sensitive reactions to my opinion on TWAT it's clear even though you were replying to someone else you were directing this at me. Numerous members went on a tagent about me not respecting their opinion when nothing of the sort had taken place.  It's like people wanted a reaction. If anything I post is gonna be met with bullshit just because of past arguments than fuck it. I won't post anymore.  Nothing worse than a bunch of people who carry their hurt feelings from past arguments  into current discussions.

Russ is a perfect example. for whatever  reason Russ thinks I posted my opinion on TWAT simply to seek attention. What a  load of bullshit an to be honest I want no part of a forum that's made up their mind what my intention is before I've even posted something.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB