You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Soundgarden Discussion (King Animal out NOW!)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great news but not surprising. Most SG fans expected them to enter a prolific phase once actual recording started. It's why there was a lot of frustration that first year of the reunion. We were a little impatient. 16 Looks like we're gonna get a dose of their 90s strategy....album/tour/album/tour/album/tour until they feel its run its course.

What Axl said GNR were going to do starting in 2002 is what Soundgarden is actually going to do, and they're not going to waste any time either.  I bet we get another album late 2013/early 2014.

The big question about SG at this point is how are they going to fit in releasing that box set containing their vault in the midst of touring and recording new albums? Do they delay it until the band is officially over or squeeze it in among everything else? They know we've been dying to hear it since they broke up and Thayil REALLY wants it released. Very tough decisions for the band in the next few years.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I can't see there being an album in 2013. Pearl Jam are hinting at an upcoming announcement and have been working on an album. So I see them releasing an album late 2013 and SG in 2014.

Or PJ can get a new drummer and let Matt focus on his original band. And let SG do what they do best.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Or PJ can get a new drummer and let Matt focus on his original band. And let SG do what they do best.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see that happening.  If for no other reason because I bet the paycheck is still quite a bit bigger in Pearl Jam, but also because he seems super tight with those guys, has songwriting credits in the band, etc.  He's accepted as a full on member of Pearl Jam, not just some replacement dude.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd be up for a new album. I think i already made it clear that King Animal didn't really scratch the itch for me....but I'm sure they still could.

Call me what you will...but I liked the track from the avengers a lot more than anything on the record.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see that happening.  If for no other reason because I bet the paycheck is still quite a bit bigger in Pearl Jam, but also because he seems super tight with those guys, has songwriting credits in the band, etc.  He's accepted as a full on member of Pearl Jam, not just some replacement dude.

I personally wish they'd just let Matt go back to Soundgarden, and either bring back a former PJ drummer or hire someone new. Fans would enjoy not having either band held back, plus they can tour and play festivals together, which despite the loss of pay leaving Pearl Jam, the opportunities to collaborate together, plus the Temple of the Dog angle thrown in, has to add money to the table. A Soundgarden/Pearl Jam double-bill tour once maybe the heat dies down on their albums seems like instant bank, especially with interest in that Seattle scene growing again for the kids now wanting to go back and rediscover the 90's music scene, now that the 80's rebirth has kinda peaked.

I just think there might be more money with Cameron back in SG. But then again like you said, PJ has used Cameron as a full-blown writer, so he's considered a band member, plus Eddie practically went homo about how much he loved having Matt in the band in PJ20.

Either way I would like to see that dynamic worked on, so Soundgarden, nor Pearl Jam has to schedule breaks any longer. It wasn't a problem when SG was inactive... now it's a problem. And calling Sean Kinney or Dave Grohl ain't the answer either. They're both too busy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Hell. Why not do a Pearl Jam/Soundgarden tour and just pay Matt a shit-ton of dough to drum for both?

I honestly can't think of a better way to kill a person. Do you have a secret insurance policy on him, Russ? wink

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

By Crooked Steps Music Video

http://grungereport.net/?p=20824

It's actually pretty good. Directed by Dave Grohl, and it shows. Reactions to it are mixed but I found it humorous and memorable.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Setlist:
1. Spoonman
2. Jesus Christ Pose
3. Gun
4. Let Me Drown
5. By Crooked Steps
6. Rhinosaur
7. Hands All Over
8. Taree
9. My Wave
10. The Day I Tried to Live
11. Been Away Too Long
12. Hunted Down
13. Drawing Flies
14. on-State Actor
15. Blow Up the Outside World
16. Fell on Black Days
17. Ugly Truth
18. Tighter and Tighter
19. Zero Chance
20. Flower
21. Outshined
22. Bones of Birds
23. Burden in My Hand
24. Pretty Noose
25. Mailman
26. Rowing

Encore:
27. Rusty Cage
28. Incessant Mace
29. Nothing to Say
30. Beyond the Wheel

30 fucking songs! Without any solos or breaks throughout. I so wish I could go!

Other bands need to take note. And these guys had better not break up again.

Board footer