You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: GnR Lockout Challenge

Bro-mero wrote:

I listen to at least a couple GnR songs on a daily basis, and it's at the point where it's getting worn out. So here's my idea of the Guns N' Roses Lockout Challenge

I will lockout ALL GnR music until the next album is released, this includes locking out studio, live, and unreleased material. So far here's what I got for pros and cons to this idea

Pros:
-takes out my favorite band on my iPod, therefore allowing more time to expand my musical horizons
-will make listening to the GnR albums once the lockout is over very entertaining, my own Guns N' Roses Christmas!

Cons:
- Dont get to listen to Guns N' Roses (duh)
- Next album could take another 5 years...or more!

Love to hear what you think, any more pros/cons, and if you would accept the "GnR Lockout Challenge"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I do this a little bit with my favourite bands sometimes just kind of naturally...I go through a faze where I listen to nothing but the one thing for ages...then I take a break...then go back to it.

Also - i never listen to the band right before a gig so it's fresher at a show.

It can be a fun way to liven up the collection at times. But I'd do a smaller length of time - just go like "no GNR for 2 months" or something more doable than the eternity it could be till a new album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I tend to do this naturally too. I've done this with GNR, Bon Jovi, AC DC, and Aerosmith. Only I'll listen to them until I'm literally sick of them, then go years without listening to them.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I've done that with the Beatles for years now. Not a total lockout, but I really burnt myself out good on them, and they're easily my favorite band. Same with Floyd, especially since they added a PF channel to Sirius.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Fuck that maybe a week

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its been a while since i've listened to gnr aside from the odd appearance on the radio on my way to work

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I did this years ago. I've wondered how many forum users still listen to the band. I listened to the band so much in my teens it was enough to last 10 lifetimes.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Missed this thread eons ago in my self-imposed exile, and can honestly say I rarely listen to GN'R anymore. I DO have them in my Droid phone, but it's almost ceremoniously. I almost never ever listen to it, especially Chinese. Nothing personal, but even the rare quick listen it's not that. The only tracks i've listened to of GN'R in, I don't even remember, has been Jungle live and PC live back in the 87-93 period, and that's it. I listened to Estranged the other day on YouTube (the video) and it was the first time i'd heard Estranged since I watched the band perform it live in 2011. That's a long time for your favorite song ever.

I've just been busy and more interested with other bands that you know... actually work? Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, even that new Winery Dogs record. No Guns tho. The leaks are the first GN'R i've heard in ages, and I can honestly say it did not have near the affect on me as leaks would have 5-10 years ago.

Board footer