You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: False - Axl to Join Slash on Brazil Dates

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyday that goes by we are one day closer to a reunion of some kind.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyday that goes by we are one day closer to a reunion of some kind.

I used to believe this years ago. At any point in the past 15 years or so had it happened, I imagined the reunion/comeback album would have been almost identical to what the Stones did in 89 with Steel Wheels. In 2015 and beyond, not a chance. A reunion would get some media attention of course but the interest among the public at large would quickly evaporate. The entire concept of a reunion has been squandered by all sides for all sorts of reasons.

Other than a reunion at a Farm Aid/Live Aid type of event, I just don't see the point, and this is coming from someone that would like to see them one last time.

While this Axl-Slash thing is unlikely, I believe a one off with the two of them with no pressure attached is far more likely than a reunion.

I just want Axl to drop one more album before it's all over. He doesn't deserve his post 87-93 legacy to be the Chinese Democracy fiasco.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

If you were Axl, would you want to appear as a secondary to Slash, or would you want Slash to appear as a secondary to you.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

If Slash plays with guns it ruins any credibility they have as a band. You can get away with Duff or Izzy, but if Slash comes back and plays a Guns show it destroys everything Axl has tried to do the last 20 years.

Thus, it makes sense to me that he'd be more willing to do a Slash show. It's more about protecti the guitarists currently in Guns

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nobody secondary to anyone. Axl would be the start of the moment no matter what. If Slash played with GNR he would be the star.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well UK Subs shot down this as false over at mygnr. Not sure if he is even in the know but I tend to believe him on this one.

One day smoking guns.. if the reunion ever happens then your ticket is on me. Just buy me a beer. 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Thanks Bro!!

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Just for the record, some days ago Slash conrgatulate Axl with his birthday via Twitter. Is this something what he used to do each February?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

He did it in 2012, for one. It happens, the HBD thing.

http://loudwire.com/slash-tweets-happy- … -axl-rose/

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Not gonna happen. Slash shows in Brazil are in large bars, basically... No way Axl'd burn his reunion card on such low profile gigs.

By the way, it's just a troll and people seem to believe anything these days due to the lack of inactivity.

Board footer