You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Hitchhiking to Paradise City

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Not feeling it.  Milennials, the "WhoaLookAtMe Generation". 

What next a GoFundMe page?!

Felt the same but didn't want to say it.  I mean, he is a world traveler... He isn't poor... So he is doing this purely for attention in a contrived way to get a "story".  The best stories are not "planned", they happen organically.

Chfutzin
 Rep: 1 

Chfutzin wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Nope, not looking for money. Not for attention either. Just a genuine fan wanting to meet the band. Regardless, thanks for your support. smile

Chfutzin
 Rep: 1 

Chfutzin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Felt the same but didn't want to say it.  I mean, he is a world traveler... He isn't poor... So he is doing this purely for attention in a contrived way to get a "story".  The best stories are not "planned", they happen organically.

Actually, the best stories are the ones you make. It's true, I'm not homeless. I'm far from rich either. I was able to travel for a full year only because I took no flights, stayed at the cheapest accommodation, ate dirt-cheap local food, chose cheap destinations and hitchhiked the whole way. The only attention I want is from the band members themselves. But thanks anyway. smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Would be cool if you made it. Good luck.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

A rock n roll pilgrimage.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  Safe travels.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Lot's of cynics here... guess that's to be expected on a GNR fan forum wink.

Good luck man, I hope you do get to meet them!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If not wanting any attention..why the FB and youtube vid? You're obviously pushing this in the hope it goes viral. You obviously have the money to go...so just go. There are some fans here I've talked to in PMs that aren't even sure they can afford to go when GNR hits their own city....yet you want us to "help and share and spread the word" for you to meet the band? 

Do you know what would make a "great, insane story"? If GNR could locate some cancer patients who are GNR fans and give them free VIP tickets and flights to Vegas and/or Coachella and let THEM meet the band.

Another great, insane story would be if every member of this community(including the long time lurkers who never post) can go to a show on this tour and post their experiences of it.

Yeah your trip sounds like fun. I wish you luck on your journey...stay safe...yada yada yada.  You're traveling to the US but have no idea how you're getting back?  Unless you're crossing the border with a bunch of illegals through Mexico you definitely know how you're getting back.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Right James...

Also, where was this guy post Slash leaving? Did you follow the CD era? Snakepit? Velvet?

I was born the year Appetite came out. I'm in this guy's demo. It means A LOT to me that Axl Slash and Duff are going to play together, and I am making the effort to travel from Boston to see it. BUT if this guy thinks that he should have a better chance to meet the band because he "hitch-hiked" to Coachella than fans of the band who have been around a HELL of a lot longer than he and I is disturbing. Honestly I think this thread should be locked or deleted because it's spam.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Right James...

Also, where was this guy post Slash leaving? Did you follow the CD era? Snakepit? Velvet?

I was born the year Appetite came out. I'm in this guy's demo. It means A LOT to me that Axl Slash and Duff are going to play together, and I am making the effort to travel from Boston to see it. BUT if this guy thinks that he should have a better chance to meet the band because he "hitch-hiked" to Coachella than fans of the band who have been around a HELL of a lot longer than he and I is disturbing. Honestly I think this thread should be locked or deleted because it's spam.

I agree, it is spammish. I don't want to be mean but he has never posted here. And I doubt he is a hard core Gunner. I could be wrong. Oh well. Who cares. Be careful who you get in the car with.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

This definitely is a huge attention grabber.

Also, you're not going to meet Axl Rose, by slagging him in your video.

Board footer