You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

TheMole wrote:
faldor wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Man, I'm glad that guy I've never heard of, from a band I could not begin to pick out because I don't know that I've ever heard one song from them, approves of what Axl does - as long as Axl follows this guy's rules.  WTF?  I realize this guy is professional musician and I have heard that band's name before, but dude, you're talking about an absolute god in your own profession - its absurd for you to even say anything more than "yes" or "no."

Drowning Pool had a pretty cool song in the early 2000's, "Bodies". Of course, I think they had a different lead singer at that time.

Bodies was great, and to be honest their latest record is actually pretty damn good. Well worth checking out on Google Play Music or Spotify or the like...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Drowning Pool had a pretty cool song in the early 2000's, "Bodies". Of course, I think they had a different lead singer at that time.

Guy who sang "Bodies" ended up killing himself.

That's right. Thought there was something tragic there. Loved that song back in the day. Can't name another song of theirs, though I'm sure I've heard at least one more.

I remember the track, I think WWE used it a lot around that time.

So this no mark with an opinion is even less relevant than I thought he was. Not even their 'hit' can be credited to him.

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Guy who sang "Bodies" ended up killing himself.

That's right. Thought there was something tragic there. Loved that song back in the day. Can't name another song of theirs, though I'm sure I've heard at least one more.

I remember the track, I think WWE used it a lot around that time.

So this no mark with an opinion is even less relevant than I thought he was. Not even their 'hit' can be credited to him.

Hate remembering this, but Bodies was also the theme they used on their version of the ECW show for a while. They dropped the tune after Benoit killed his family.

That's what I think of when I hear that sad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I saw this article the other day on Blabbermouth, and new he was the replacement singer.

My first reaction was who the fuck gives a fuck that the replacement member in fucking Drowning Pool APPROVES of Axl in AC/DC, as long as he checks his ego?!?!

Then I remembered I was on Blabbermouth... who are always desperate for any fucking news.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

The idea that albums shouldn't be made because they're not profitable in this age of itunes is not valid when you consider that NUDrowning Pool is putting one out.

Edit: NU

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Isn't that the band where the singer bought it a few years ago?

Don't know anything beyond that, but as you say, if they are putting out an album...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

This is the replacement singer of the dead dude

Died face down in his own vomit if I remeber right...echoes of bon scott

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

My first reaction was who the fuck gives a fuck that the replacement member in fucking Drowning Pool APPROVES of Axl in AC/DC, as long as he checks his ego?!?!

This x 1000%

Axl is one of the all time historical greatest frontmen ever, Ac/Dc is one of the longest running, biggest, greatest rock acts of all time. I'm sure it's really important to them to get the approval of umm....errr.....

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The guy was asked a question and answered it as best he could. This is the public perception Axl is dealing with and it's not this guy's fault.

Also, the title of the article paints a different picture than what was said.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Yeah I just don't get the Axl hate.

He is an artist, and just doesn't release shit after shit after shit. He takes his time with music and has a vision.

Some dip shit from Disturbed or whatever the band name has no relevancy.

So when people shit talk Mr. Axl Rose, it all comes down to jealously. They're jealous of his talent, stature, integrity, unpredictability, morality, and a tad bit of craziness.

The only person that has come close to Axl Rose live has been Iggy Pop. I've never seen a frontman better than him. And I've seen the Stones and AC / DC at Sars Stock in Canada.

To conclude, fuck the haters.

Also fuck you DJ Ashba, I still hate you.

Board footer