You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: TEMPLE OF THE DOG PLANS FIRST EVER TOUR (JAMES FOR YOU)

Smoking Guns wrote:

JAMES THEY ARE COMING TO SAN FRANCISCO, YOU MUST GO!!!

HERE IS THE LINK

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/07/t … niversary/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit. Best news out of that article is a re-release with unheard tracks. My major hearing loss will likely prevent me from attending many shows the rest of my life. I was planning on GNR due to the bucket list nature of it all and was considering another Soundgarden show when they tour for their next album(its assumed for 2017). My talk of hearing loss isn't an exaggeration. I had to miss a Bucket show in Sac earlier this month due to this.

They are right....this band was so good it deserved more but the two bands that were involved in this were simply too massive to take Temple any further.

I hope this doesn't delay Soundgarden's plans.

IF I am healthy by November I may consider going due to how historic it is. It'll be a "game time decision". I'd give anything to go back to my youth and not blow my ears out.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sorry to hear about your hearing issues (er, no pun intended). Have you thought about looking into something like this?

http://www.ultimateear.com/products/musician-plug.php

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't know...maybe I should ask my doctor.

My hearing damage isn't just hearing loss in general....it includes tinnitus....in both ears. I've had tinnitus since 2006 but has gradually gotten worse. My massive pain pill addiction did me no favors and I feel like an idiot for listening to so much loud music in my youth, specifically the blaring headphones for hours on end.  It's really fucked up. As much as I loved that Bucket show in 2011, it was a huge mistake going. My ears were literally shot for days and it certainly had a long term impact. So did SG but not to the same extent. Bucket was a club show where I was right up front getting my ears raped.

Right now my body has bigger fish frying(bladder issues) but I am definitely at a point where I'm going to have to start taking my health much more seriously.

When I was 16 I remember being at my grandpa's house and when he was watching TV you could basically hear it down the block, yet he thought it just sounds normal. That's me now....yet I'm only 41.

I was advised back then to not go to ANY shows....I did....and now its even worse.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Looks like you need to address the underlying issues before tackling the tinnitus, as straining to hear over a hearing issue can make it worse:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tinnitus/P … tment.aspx

This is from the shithouse crap Daily Mail, where every headline is about something either causing or curing cancer, so take it with a pinch of salt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic … ments.html

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

This to me sounds like an adulterated cash grab. This "band" was formed because of the loss of Andrew Wood of Mother Love Bone. It was an in the moment, heartfelt tribute.

Why do they need to reunite? They did their job with the album.

Seems like they are jumping in on the reunion cash grab.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, I gotta agree it seems to be a day late and a dollar short. I don't really see them doing this as anything other than an excuse to milk a long-lost brand name.

Temple really was the evolution of Mother Love Bone into becoming Pearl Jam, kind of like a metamorphosis.

To go back to this, and now the members are saying that they won't do it without Eddie Vedder involved (which is pointless, he was a no-name guest star on the original outing), so it all feels like nothing more than a cash grab, and not for the GN'R reasons, but for the sole reason that they feel like they've milked the living shit out of Soundgarden & Pearl Jam, and now they're going to try to resurrect Temple of the Dog.

I also don't understand the logic of recording a new album either. All of these guys record with each other in some way, shape, or form. You could accomplish this reunion simply by having Cornell guest on a new PJ song, or having Vedder guest on a new Soundgarden song. Boom... done.

I wonder if they're doing this, because McCready tried to resurrect Mad Season a couple years ago? Barrett Martin claims he, McCready & Duff are actually writing a new Mad Season record. Who knows?

But I just know that in the last couple years, both Mad Season & Temple have been resurrected, and it just comes across as frankly -- kinda lame. Just start a new band. The music is so put to rest, multiple performers have since deceased... move on.

jmho

Board footer