You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

Thing is, they have everything they need to drop an album very quickly. They have dozens of CD-era tracks in the vault; it only takes a few days in the studio to lay down new guitar and bass tracks for them. They have all the stuff that Slash and Duff put together for Velvet Revolver that never got used – granted it might take Axl a bit longer to work up lyrics for them, but they could easily put something together from those two sources in time for the 2017 holiday season, recording while on tour if needs be.

I suspect, though, that we'll get a Best Of with some new material this year, then probably some sort of live release from this tour next year, and then maybe the album in 2018...

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, if there's an album ready they've shown the ability to re-record while on tour. If a Best Of is released with two new tracks that could be good, I guess, just want that album. I still don't think they'll be writing an album from the ground up any time soon.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I'd love new music.

We beggars cannot be choosers.

I wonder what songs it will be (Chinese stuff vs. old Guns stuff) and if they plan on releasing that music separately. Like are they doing fan service on some B-level or C-level tracks or is this like releasing a digital single.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The somewhat negative posts on this thread are indicative of the somewhat abusive relationship we've had with this band.

Here the thing though, there are some many things going on right now (and have been going on for months now) that should lead you to believe we're not in the same pattern here.

1) The reunion
2) Taking the stage on time or even early
3) The amazing set list including coma, estranged and so many others
4) Absolutely no negative press about the shows, or individual band members themselves (except for that whole thing about Axl not liking his google pics)
5) Adler on stage with the band
6) We're what....a dozen shows into the tour and now they are announcing dates into next year (this could lead you to believe that they are earning the trust of promoters and management again)

You could add more to this list....but the point is that there is plenty of reason that things are different right now. My hope/guess is that when you start seeing VR songs in the set list that the band is building confidence and good will. My hope is that they can parlay this momentum into a snowball and then who knows what could happen.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I think we will get new songs at least next year if not this year.

This tour is good.

It being extended is good.

Downtime in late August and September for Slash and Duff to do some whizzle wazzle wah wah on some tracks and be like here you are Axl. I know you're with the AC/DC but yeah man.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, if there's an album ready they've shown the ability to re-record while on tour. If a Best Of is released with two new tracks that could be good, I guess, just want that album. I still don't think they'll be writing an album from the ground up any time soon.

Me either. I'm sticking to my same prediction since this started....

GH/Best of fall 2016
CDII or something summer/fall 2017
A live cd/DVD mixed in there somewhere

Just because its a massive tour doesn't mean we are getting nothing. This isn't the CD era. Bands can(and do) release material while on tour. Soundgarden released a ton of shit during their tour cycles. Soundgarden recorded much of King Animal during a tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm sticking to my same prediction since this started....

GH/Best of fall 2016
CDII or something summer/fall 2017
A live cd/DVD mixed in there somewhere

Don't forget to add the "Axl Tax" which is 2 years to each of those dates wink

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Greatest Hits release is a dumb idea because one had already been released.
Their discography is n`t big enough for multiple Greatest Hits album.
What do we have left to hear ? ambient intro on Jungle ? make new music you lazy fucks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I could see it being used to get out of contracts with the label, then Axl could form his own label with Slash and smash out whatever records they want.

But I agree a second GH is questionable, weirder when you consider it's 2 discs.

This is a band with 4 albums and 1 EP of originals.

There's already a covers album, and a live album, and a greatest hits.

How do you then make a new 2 disc GH? Might as well box up AFD and UYI1 in a 2 disc set and call it the greatest hits! Almost the Same thing!

These guys are too talented not to do something else. I mean Axl has tons of unfinished songs, Slash smashed out new riffs every 2 years for decades, it's really odd to think that rather than develop something new they'd just endlessly reissue catalogue stuff.

Board footer