You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Awkward story

DCK wrote:

I've been trying to get into good shape this summer, and I am.

So, today this girl I have a thing for was doing this odd roundtrip on public transportation with her friends. I thought I would bike over to one of their stops, as it's just on my way when I'm out biking anyway. And I like her, so, why not. I send her a text and she's like "cool, bring a flag will you". I reply "flags are gay, but I'll do it.". Just because it's her.

So I bike off. It starts to rain immediately. I think "fuck it, I'll do it anyway", and bike for 25 minutes soaked to the bone. I get there fifteen minutes early because I'm actually in good shape. So, I'm standing at the bloody bus stop cold and wet with a bloody flag in my hand. The bus shows up, stops, and these girls get off. And here's the good part; they go the opposite way of me. No one spots me. Not her either. I have to run after them saying "heeeeeey". No one notices. It comes to the point where I start smacking her with my flag to get noticed.

I follow them down to a local fast food thing, but I quickly get my ass out of there. Quite uncomfortable, and fucking wet and cold.

Now, if that wasn't awkward, nothing is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Walk away from the situation now and never talk to her again unless she initiates.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

"flags are gay".

That's what killed your chance. Are you forgetting the ultra PC world we live in? Any other decade she would've laughed at the comment.....now....say the word fag and people act like they just caught you in the act of raping a convent full of nuns or had just machine gunned a bus full of children.

I feel bad for you. Definitely an uncomfortable situation and you didn't deserve such treatment. She could've at least expressed her faux outrage about your use of the word gay so you'd know she's no longer interested.

I have a pretty dark sense of humor. Not changing my ways either. Eventually this idiocy era we live in will go back to normal. JUst give it time...the massive backlash is coming soon.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I feel your pain. Those moments can stay with you for years too, so not like it's "over" after you're out of there. At least your tolerance builds up.

It's funny, I didn't even consider it was the fact he used gay that could have turned her off. I must be letting bombs all the time I don't even know about. 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

I've been trying to get into good shape this summer, and I am.

So, today this girl I have a thing for was doing this odd roundtrip on public transportation with her friends. I thought I would bike over to one of their stops, as it's just on my way when I'm out biking anyway. And I like her, so, why not. I send her a text and she's like "cool, bring a flag will you". I reply "flags are gay, but I'll do it.". Just because it's her.

So I bike off. It starts to rain immediately. I think "fuck it, I'll do it anyway", and bike for 25 minutes soaked to the bone. I get there fifteen minutes early because I'm actually in good shape. So, I'm standing at the bloody bus stop cold and wet with a bloody flag in my hand. The bus shows up, stops, and these girls get off. And here's the good part; they go the opposite way of me. No one spots me. Not her either. I have to run after them saying "heeeeeey". No one notices. It comes to the point where I start smacking her with my flag to get noticed.

I follow them down to a local fast food thing, but I quickly get my ass out of there. Quite uncomfortable, and fucking wet and cold.

Now, if that wasn't awkward, nothing is.

That was hilarious! But yeah, when I read "gay" I said to myself, "oooh no." I actually thought she'd ignore you when you finally got there, so...
Question: did she reply after your text? And did she ever respond to you after hitting her with the flag?

I agree with SG. Give her the cold treatment. Not mean, not ugly, but uninterested.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Is flag code for something?  Why would you bring a flag with you unless you were going to a rally?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It would be hilarious if it was a misspell or autocorrect and the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just to clarify the "flags are gay" thing. It's a thing we do. I've known her for years, and it's just a funny thing we say. It's neither here or there really. Comes from a guy we both know. He states most thing are gay - think he got it from Two and a half men or something.
Oh well, she sent me a few messages over the weekend, so no biggie, but I'm not doing any "meet and greet" any time soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Did you confirm she definitely saw you?

Did she give any reason for seemingly ignoring you? Or ofter any type of apology?

Makes me worry it was some type of a stunt on her behalf to impress her friend or something.

Have you known her long? I've found if people are disrespectful to your feelings early then it rarely gets any better. Most people are on their best behaviour during early flirting/dating then start getting gradually worse....so I'd be careful if there's no good reason for this incident.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Is flag code for something?  Why would you bring a flag with you unless you were going to a rally?

I'm confused over this too.

Board footer