You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Football

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Give my team to Mitch. It would mainly be on autopilot if I ran it. I'm likely to forget every week. Rarely watch football anymore.

Sorry to hear that loften but some Sundays...I feel like I've wasted the whole day.

I feel like I'm trending your way but I'm not done yet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just don't see the appeal anymore. To me it is not the same game of yesteryear. The game is at a different pace, ads up the wazoo, parity, players I care nothing about and couldn't name with a gun to my head, no more iconic coaches, most announcers suck, etc.

Last time I tried watching it I made it about 10 minutes. A 3 yard pass, they replayed it about five times in a row with announcers faking enthusiasm over nothing, then they broke for a Snickers commercial.

Changed the channel...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James Lofton wrote:

I just don't see the appeal anymore. To me it is not the same game of yesteryear. The game is at a different pace, ads up the wazoo, parity, players I care nothing about and couldn't name with a gun to my head, no more iconic coaches, most announcers suck, etc.

Last time I tried watching it I made it about 10 minutes. A 3 yard pass, they replayed it about five times in a row with announcers faking enthusiasm over nothing, then they broke for a Snickers commercial.

Changed the channel...

You should see how it's changed this season. Allegedly less commercials and breaks for commercials. Pittsburgh's got a real shot at beating NE this year, so I'm going to stay tuned.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Changed the channel...

You should see how it's changed this season. Allegedly less commercials and breaks for commercials. Pittsburgh's got a real shot at beating NE this year, so I'm going to stay tuned.

Lol no they don't.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Changed the channel...

Lol no they don't.

They have the best running back and receiver in the league. They're consistently ranked #2, right behind New England. If anyone can beat them, it's Pittsburgh.

Do I think it'll happen or is highly likely, no. But they're a solid bet to expect to win the Super Bowl behind NE.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think teams like KC or Oakland stand a better chance of topping the Pats. Brady's track record against Pittsburgh in big games (or generally ever, except a road game in 2012 and 2004 from what I remember).

They have a good team, but Ben is already talking retirement and can't stay on the field. Guy has taken a beating over the years.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think teams like KC or Oakland stand a better chance of topping the Pats. Brady's track record against Pittsburgh in big games (or generally ever, except a road game in 2012 and 2004 from what I remember).

They have a good team, but Ben is already talking retirement and can't stay on the field. Guy has taken a beating over the years.

Yeah, Pitt's D is supposedly vastly improved but they haven't fared well against the Pats in recent years so I don't really see why this year would be any different.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I know it kind sucks making predictions after a game has been played (KC looked good BTW. Pretty funny about the RB who never fumbled in college, fumbled his first snap, then went on to have a monster game). But anyone got any SB Preddictions?

I'm going with Pittsburgh over Atlanta.  Yep.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Cleveland and Jacksonville scoffed at bringing in Alex Smith as a FA a few years ago for Blake Bortles and then Johnny Football.

How's that working out?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^ Hard to believe. A Smith is alright, he is what he is, and thats a good QB.  Like Tony Romo, someone who can get you into the playoffs, 10/11 win seasons. He was a good pickup by Andy. I think Jax might be close to giving up on Bortles, only about 3 years in IIRC.

They showed a wierd stat about fewest 300 yard passing games by some form of reputable Qbs. Alex Smith was like 3rd fewest with only 8 inc last night. That's only like 1 every 2 years almost, not alot at all. Still an ok QB, just no one who's gonna light the stage on fire.

Board footer