You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Axl Rose with Billy Joel Dodgers Stadium

Well who knew Axl was a fan of Billy Joel?

I guess the whole liking Elton John shindig would lead you to his music.

Anyhow, kind of cool seeing him perform: "Highway to Hell," and "Big Shot."

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc14y9Rp3uw
[/youtube]

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Kind of amazing how as soon as Axl gets back with Slash his public approval rating skyrockets.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Axl killed Highway To hell. Not a fan of Billy Joel.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's nice to see Axl out there.

FlashFlood wrote:

Kind of amazing how as soon as Axl gets back with Slash his public approval rating skyrockets.

Reductive.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

FlashFlood wrote:

Reductive.

Billy Joel didn't invite Axl on stage because he loved the Appetite for Democracy DVD...

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

FlashFlood wrote:

Reductive.

Billy Joel didn't invite Axl on stage because he loved the Appetite for Democracy DVD...

You know exactly why Billy Joel did n`t invite Axl before, don`t you ?

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

I've always been a pro Axl guy and basically give him benefit of the doubt on anything. I'm not even saying anything scandalous.

And also, hold Axl to the same standard as Slash...if you got on Slash for playing with Michael Jackson, Fergie, etc. then don't give Axl a free pass.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I've always been a pro Axl guy and basically give him benefit of the doubt on anything. I'm not even saying anything scandalous.

I'll revise my statement because I thought you were simply trolling.

Axl did the popular thing so he's more popular. Simple. But he could've probably enjoyed greater success, collaborated with other artists, and so forth from 2001-2014 had he had a decent therapist, been on some meds, or just simply been in a better mood.

As far as playing with Billy Joel, I'm unmoved either way. But playing with Fergie in a diamond studded top hat? Jesus, man.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Nothing wrong with playing the Super Bowl, no matter how you get there. But I get the point.

Overall I think it's great that Axl is more visible. Personally, i feel It would be greater if he were more visible for more obvious Guns reasons, but hey, what else more can you ask for at this point.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

As far as I recall, Slash has also gotten up and jammed with Billy Joel in the past, so Axl ain't the first to do this. Still cool either way.

Board footer