You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Baz recalls Download 06

Ragnar wrote:

I`m sorry but they never were equals. it`s a myth, an urban legend.

If they were equals as you say, then how come Axl obtained 25% of AFD/Lies and 40% of each UYI publishing royalties ?

A new contract which was renegotiated in October of 92, explicitly stated if Axl quit or got fired the name Guns N`Roses would have been his. He only invoked the first condition of the contract. Whether someone thinks it was a justified move or not is another subject.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The video that came up after this one on auto-play was Axl's Serpico rant in 2002.

While it's clear Axl didn't do certain things well, he was trying to shoulder the entire operation which was an untenable position for him to be in. The old guys namely Slash and Duff in the meantime did as much legal obstruction as possible.

I think we've seen maybe the tip of the iceberg but I think that largely the truth is on Axl's side.

I don't care at this point. Jesus the whole thing is embarrassing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I sorta wish the 2002 lineup did more. I know Axl was outta breath at the VMA's, still remarkable how he wasn't better fit for that performance. Anyway I love AFD & even UYI (Gilby & Sorum).  Reunions cool, saw them once but tired of the same shows/songs plus no released material. Would almost rather see the VMAs lineup if they came back around, just for kicks.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

my interest in guns peaked in '06.

the band looked and sounded phenomenally. at this show and a few others that year, they actually captured a bit of the old band's energy. or maybe it was their own energy, hard to tell.

in any case, it was a great time to be a gnr fan. it was great to see axl back with that fire again.

nothing beats the rock am ring show, though. i still watch that dvd from time to time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Funny for fans to go through ALL that drama only for the UYI tour to resume as if it had never ended in the first place.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

my interest in guns peaked in '06.

the band looked and sounded phenomenally. at this show and a few others that year, they actually captured a bit of the old band's energy. or maybe it was their own energy, hard to tell.

in any case, it was a great time to be a gnr fan. it was great to see axl back with that fire again.

nothing beats the rock am ring show, though. i still watch that dvd from time to time.

this. I'm on the same ship as you. it all started to go wrong in about 2010, and shit definitely hit the fan since 2011.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
zombux wrote:

this. I'm on the same ship as you. it all started to go wrong in about 2010, and shit definitely hit the fan since 2011.

I remember this board seemed to go on life support from about 2011-2014. I think all of us took a solid chunk of time away from here. I'd check in once in a while & it'd be crickets.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Why should have Axl ceded control of the band he fomed ? does n`t make any sense. You don`t relinquish something you created no matter what.

Guns` never would have amounted to anything with Slash at the helm. Great guitarist but pretty one dimensional who rarely leaves his comfort zone. He`s not a leader material.

I'm just saying at some point...what if Axl passed the torch and let someone else lead for awhile. Instead of let his pride allow the band and himself to implode.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Funny for fans to go through ALL that drama only for the UYI tour to resume as if it had never ended in the first place.

lol...aint that the truth....UYI 3 tour?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I`m sorry but they never were equals. it`s a myth, an urban legend.

If they were equals as you say, then how come Axl obtained 25% of AFD/Lies and 40% of each UYI publishing royalties ?

A new contract which was renegotiated in October of 92, explicitly stated if Axl quit or got fired the name Guns N`Roses would have been his. He only invoked the first condition of the contract. Whether someone thinks it was a justified move or not is another subject.

Come on...none of them were better than when they were with each other.

These types of ultimatums are what makes a band break up. Everyone else mentally checked out after this and collected royalties for the rest of the 90s and beyond.

It's like the difference between how one takes care of a home when you own it (or a part of it) vs renting it.

Board footer