You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mfc17
 Rep: 0 

Re: Help Needed - Dave A with GNR?

Mfc17 wrote:

I posted this on another forum and was told that i should post the request here:

"looking for some help. someone i know has come across what he believes to be a session tape of Dave Abbruzzese (former PJ drummer) rehearsing with GNR sometime around 1997. According to Dave's wiki page and a few random mentions online, it seems as if this actually took place. He doesnt know much about GNR during that time period so hes looking for someone to help him identify the songs and possibly verify if this tape is actually what he thinks it is....

if interested, please PM me."

i can go into more details with those that are willing to help....

thanks and hopefully someone here can put this mystery to rest....

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Tough to say which songs they might be. 97 was a weird timeframe as the band was just starting to be assembled. Most of the early CD songs I believe were recorded in 99. Oh My God could have been in its infancy when Dave A was in the fold, or it could have been left over Slash ideas from the 95 sessions.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

So apparently there's a clip out there? Anybody have the link?

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Hmmm...tough to make anything of it. Lot's of harmonics in the guitar playing. Don't think it's Duff on bass as has been speculated. Just seems like rather uninspired jamming.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i'd love to hear to hear anything from the mid to late 90s. very interesting time period that's pretty much undocumented, music-wise.

mtv had a really interesting article from around this time where clink was still supposed to be the producer.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1429816/guns-go-clink/

Insiders say Rose has been writing with his guitarist friend Paul Huge, but as expected, Huge will not play a part in the album.

The drummer's chair remains a mystery. Ex-Pearl Jam member Dave Abbruzzese has been in rehearsals with Axl Rose, the name of former Nine Inch Nails drummer Chris Vrenna keeps surfacing as a contender, and Guns n' Roses management says Matt Sorum is still in the picture.

Two weeks ago at the Music West conference in Vancouver, Canada, Sorum said Rick Rubin was also involved in the project but a spokesperson for Rubin says it had been under discussion some time ago, but "it didn't work out." It was also denied by G n' R manager Doug Goldstein who said in effect that as much as the band loved and respected Rubin, he would not be producing the record.

Sorum also said that Guns n' Roses had recorded "4,800 hours of music"

(we assume over several years) and have "15 really strong songs" which will be ready "hopefully by next year." He added that the sessions were leaning towards a Soundgarden style of rock although there were tracks where the Nine Inch Nails influence was evident. He told the small crowd that Rose's new favorite saying has been "loop it, loop it!"

Duff McKagan, speaking at the same convention but in a separate interview, told his audience that things had come together in the studio for Guns n' Roses just over the last month and a half, but also confirmed MTV Online's earlier report that he was recording a solo album. "We've tracked 8 songs on it this week," said McKagan. He went on that since he's cleaned up his personal habits, "I'll probably be able to sing a little fuller."

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Ooh – would definitely be interested in hearing this, even if it's only a jam sesh. Anyone got a link?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd like to hear this too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He doesnt know much about GNR during that time period so hes looking for someone to help him identify the songs and possibly verify if this tape is actually what he thinks it is....

if interested, please PM me."

On GNR forums, technically everyone is going to be interested. Your PM boxes on all sites will probably get flooded. How do you cherry pick from the flood?

THis type of thing in current times is much different. The secret squirrel thing doesn't need to be so secret. There's tons of sites where you can host/stream this material for people to help you "identify" it.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I agree with James. Host it somewhere public then we can ask Dave and his camp

Board footer