You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2018 Predictions

PaSnow wrote:

Last year was fun, and getting to look back & review. So, with that said onto 2018:

1 Biggest one for me, on 12/31/18 Mike Pence will be President. As how how/why/when it occurs I dunno, I just predict on Dec 31st he will be.
2 Uhmmm, movies are bleh. Not even Solo is epic.
3 GnR ends their tour, and only leaves a last tweet or message on their website thanking fans etc, but is vaguely cryptic enough that us forum nerds read into it just like 'soon', 'How many Tuesdays left' and other things we've read into (All Duffs twitter pics in various studios).
4 Tom Brady ends his career with an injury, NE misses the playoffs.
5 Bitcoin starts to legitimize itself, dabbling more into a 'World currency'.
6 Around Labor Day, stocks slowly begin to stagnate & inch downwards. Time to invest in safer funds for 2-3 years.
7 Retail stores like Macys JC Penny Sears etc have their last Black Friday.
8 Another big chain is killed off due to Amazon.
9 LeBron James leaves Cleveland again as a free agent. If LA can build up a good enough team around him he goes there, otherwise just another supergroup (Oklahoma City or Sixers?)

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Last year was fun, and getting to look back & review. So, with that said onto 2018:

Biggest one for me, on 12/31/18 Mike Pence will be President. As how how/why/when it occurs I dunno, I just predict on Dec 31st he will be.
Uhmmm, movies are bleh. Not even Solo is epic.
GnR ends their tour, and only leaves a last tweet or message on their website thanking fans etc, but is vaguely cryptic enough that us forum nerds read into it just like 'soon', 'How many Tuesdays left' and other things we've read into (All Duffs twitter pics in various studios).
Tom Brady ends his career with an injury, NE misses the playoffs.
Bitcoin starts to legitimize itself, dabbling more into a 'World currency'.
Around Labor Day, stocks slowly begin to stagnate & inch downwards. Time to invest in safer funds for 2-3 years.
Retail stores like Macys JC Penny Sears etc have their last Black Friday.
Another big chain is killed off due to Amazon.
LeBron James leaves Cleveland again as a free agent. If LA can build up a good enough team around him he goes there, otherwise just another supergroup (Oklahoma City or Sixers?)

Soon is the word PaSnow....

Lebron in LA makes a lotta sense from a marketing perspective...he’s a top 3 all time player and a bit of a diva.

He and Lavar Ball would compete for attention

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

He and Lavar Ball would compete for attention

That Dads a douche. Funny what he's doing to the younger kids. The middle one they say isn't even good enough to get drafted, can the younger one even goto college anymore, or is he paid now & lose his eligibility. He'll just be a chucker.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

1.)  Trump is still our President on 12/31/2018.  The Mueller probe is concluded and while I'm sure some more stuff will come from it, none of it will be related to Trump colluding with Russia, making the whole thing a farce. 

2.) Democrats will take the House by 7 or less seats, but the GOP will hold the Senate.  Pelosi is not the next speaker.

3.) The Winds of Winter will not be released (I hope to god I'm wrong)

4.) Guns milks their tour, but nothing of any real value comes out.  No new songs, but maybe a Blu-ray of a show.

5.) AFC wins the superbowl, with either Pittsburgh or New England

6.) Solo film is a flop and all around shitty movie.  Avengers Infinity War is the biggest movie of the year

7.) Either through congress or the DEA rescheduling it, Marijuana is no longer illegal at the federal level

8.) Europe has the "big" terrorist attack

9.) Trump offers a new trade deal with China, and NAFTA is updated.

10.)  The economy continues to move upward with all metrics being objectively better than on 12/31/2017 save maybe the price of oil.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

One more I forgot to mention:
10 This summer there will be a hit song that is more stupid than Call Me Maybe, and it's played endlessly. Also wouldn't surprise me if Justin Bieber came back with a pretty decent song, likely a duo with Rhianna or Gaga or someone.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Two more: I think Facebook begins to take a nosedive. By the holidays people are turning off, I think by 2020 with the politics/election alot of damage occurs to their numbers. I think a tried & true American social norm is people don't like mixing their politics with their friendships. I read they redid their algorythm the other day to focus on friends posts moreso than news/articles being shared. Probably a good idea but their stock to a hit in the market.

ESPN goes Pay Per Month/Standalone, and you can get it for something like $5/month.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think ESPN will die if they do that.  I couldn't tell you the last time I turned on ESPN and I used to watch it all the time.  I turn to sports to get away from real life; once they went political, I checked out.  They push more agendas than anything that I watch and I'm just not interested in seeing that from my sports.  I think the 85 Bears 30 for 30 was the last time I turned on ESPN.

I do still listen to the radio station though.  Grew up with Greenberg, so I have listened to him for decades (literally).  Not a fan of the new show really, but maybe it will grow on me.  I liked Golic with Greeny and I liked Wingo on other shows, but something is off with the chemistry between them...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^ Was the politics ever on air a bit too? Sorta like SNL, or are you referring to twitter etc. Yeah I dunno, if they did it for $4.99/mo people might order just to catch a few college football, NBA & MLB games per month. I do admit most 30 for 30s are really good, I've been a fan. Ditched cable a few years ago so I catch them on Netflix/Youtube when I can.

Disney's fortunate in the they purchased Star Wars, and its been a cash cow. Cause they've lost a ton on ESPN it seems. Supposedly they monstrously overpaid on events like Wimbleton, Racing etc let alone MNF, college sports etc.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

1 Biggest one for me, on 12/31/18 Mike Pence will be President. As how how/why/when it occurs I dunno, I just predict on Dec 31st he will be.
2 Uhmmm, movies are bleh. Not even Solo is epic.
3 GnR ends their tour, and only leaves a last tweet or message on their website thanking fans etc, but is vaguely cryptic enough that us forum nerds read into it just like 'soon', 'How many Tuesdays left' and other things we've read into (All Duffs twitter pics in various studios).
4 Tom Brady ends his career with an injury, NE misses the playoffs.
5 Bitcoin starts to legitimize itself, dabbling more into a 'World currency'.
6 Around Labor Day, stocks slowly begin to stagnate & inch downwards. Time to invest in safer funds for 2-3 years.
7 Retail stores like Macys JC Penny Sears etc have their last Black Friday.
8 Another big chain is killed off due to Amazon.
9 LeBron James leaves Cleveland again as a free agent. If LA can build up a good enough team around him he goes there, otherwise just another supergroup (Oklahoma City or Sixers?)

Lost me at 4, troll! smile

Now replace Brady with Ben and now we’re talking.

Probably just gave the Pats a kiss of death against the Jags.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^ Was the politics ever on air a bit too? Sorta like SNL, or are you referring to twitter etc. Yeah I dunno, if they did it for $4.99/mo people might order just to catch a few college football, NBA & MLB games per month. I do admit most 30 for 30s are really good, I've been a fan. Ditched cable a few years ago so I catch them on Netflix/Youtube when I can.

Disney's fortunate in the they purchased Star Wars, and its been a cash cow. Cause they've lost a ton on ESPN it seems. Supposedly they monstrously overpaid on events like Wimbleton, Racing etc let alone MNF, college sports etc.

On air. Some shows worse than others, but it's impossible to avoid unless just watching games.  People getting fired for saying stupid stuff while Stephen A. and that awful sportscenter pairing can say whatever they want and it's ok since it fits their agenda.

Board footer