You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2018 Predictions

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^ Was the politics ever on air a bit too? Sorta like SNL, or are you referring to twitter etc. Yeah I dunno, if they did it for $4.99/mo people might order just to catch a few college football, NBA & MLB games per month. I do admit most 30 for 30s are really good, I've been a fan. Ditched cable a few years ago so I catch them on Netflix/Youtube when I can.

Disney's fortunate in the they purchased Star Wars, and its been a cash cow. Cause they've lost a ton on ESPN it seems. Supposedly they monstrously overpaid on events like Wimbleton, Racing etc let alone MNF, college sports etc.

On air. Some shows worse than others, but it's impossible to avoid unless just watching games.  People getting fired for saying stupid stuff while Stephen A. and that awful sportscenter pairing can say whatever they want and it's ok since it fits their agenda.

Yeah, I agree ESPN let it get out of control with the personal politics & twittersphere of the common folk reporters.. Especially the no-name ones people aren't tuning in in droves to watch & pay a cable bill for, as opposed to the games like NBA. They really should've placed a handle on it sooner, or had it written into the contracts of the smaller no name ones to talk 'sports only' on their social media accounts. Pretty sure its common for people like local TV newscasters etc.

FlashFlood wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Last year was fun, and getting to look back & review. So, with that said onto 2018:

4 Tom Brady ends his career with an injury, NE misses the playoffs.

Lost me at 4, troll! smile

Now replace Brady with Ben and now we’re talking.

Probably just gave the Pats a kiss of death against the Jags.

Didn't mean it like a hater. I put in a Brady prediction last year, saying it'd be his last. Apparently it isn't & he plans on playing until he's 45???  Had to predict something. He'll probably win another SB & have a great year next year, but I'm going out on a limb. A knee injury at his age could do it, or just too much pain with the hits & unable to recover at his age. He's sure defied the odds though. I couldn't imagine getting hit by a 250 lb linebacker once, let alone time after time week after week. Really is unprecedented what he's doing, never mind the success.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^ Was the politics ever on air a bit too? Sorta like SNL, or are you referring to twitter etc. Yeah I dunno, if they did it for $4.99/mo people might order just to catch a few college football, NBA & MLB games per month. I do admit most 30 for 30s are really good, I've been a fan. Ditched cable a few years ago so I catch them on Netflix/Youtube when I can.

Disney's fortunate in the they purchased Star Wars, and its been a cash cow. Cause they've lost a ton on ESPN it seems. Supposedly they monstrously overpaid on events like Wimbleton, Racing etc let alone MNF, college sports etc.

On air. Some shows worse than others, but it's impossible to avoid unless just watching games.  People getting fired for saying stupid stuff while Stephen A. and that awful sportscenter pairing can say whatever they want and it's ok since it fits their agenda.

Yeah, I agree ESPN let it get out of control with the personal politics & twittersphere of the common folk reporters.. Especially the no-name ones people aren't tuning in in droves to watch & pay a cable bill for, as opposed to the games like NBA. They really should've placed a handle on it sooner, or had it written into the contracts of the smaller no name ones to talk 'sports only' on their social media accounts. Pretty sure its common for people like local TV newscasters etc.

FlashFlood wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Last year was fun, and getting to look back & review. So, with that said onto 2018:

4 Tom Brady ends his career with an injury, NE misses the playoffs.

Lost me at 4, troll! smile

Now replace Brady with Ben and now we’re talking.

Probably just gave the Pats a kiss of death against the Jags.

Didn't mean it like a hater. I put in a Brady prediction last year, saying it'd be his last. Apparently it isn't & he plans on playing until he's 45???  Had to predict something. He'll probably win another SB & have a great year next year, but I'm going out on a limb. A knee injury at his age could do it, or just too much pain with the hits & unable to recover at his age. He's sure defied the odds though. I couldn't imagine getting hit by a 250 lb linebacker once, let alone time after time week after week. Really is unprecedented what he's doing, never mind the success.

I was just messing with you. What’s the point in predictions if they aren’t bold?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

One of the Stones will die. I saw some recent footage and they're not looking too good.

Fuck it I'll pick one. Charlie Watts.

Led Zeppelin will reunite for one show

Elastica will reunite for a club show although no one but me and a few Brits will give a shit.

One of the hot actresses of this generation like Emma Roberts, Chloe Moretz will die

The Trump obsession will start to decline

Chains like Kmart, Sears, Pennys will go under....and so will most malls.

The XFL will be moderately successful

I think Facebook begins to take a nosedive.

Unfortunately I don't think social media is going away. It's not a trend...its a way of life. The only way Facebook ever declines is if a new one comes along and pushes it down the list.

The Han Solo movie will bomb and so will a huge superhero movie which will cause Hollywood to move on temporarily from both.

90s nostalgia will start up as the 80s nostalgia wave starts taking a backseat

Clint Eastwood will die

The Rock will announce he's running for president

More legendary acts will announce farewell tours...and its really farewell and not a gimmick.

James

James wrote:

More legendary acts will announce farewell tours...and its really farewell and not a gimmick.

Already happening.

Elton John, Slayer, Anita Baker, Paul Simon, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joan Baez, Neil Diamond, Kiss is rumored, etc.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James Lofton wrote:

Already happening.

Elton John, Slayer, Anita Baker, Paul Simon, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joan Baez, Neil Diamond, Kiss is rumored, etc.

I have tickets to 3 of those already. Would love to see Kiss a 6th time.

James

James wrote:

Elton John, Slayer, and Skynyrd?

I wish my ears weren't shot or I might consider a farewell or two.  It's just not worth it.

I'm so glad I saw Slayer in 91. That mosh pit was unlike anything I'll ever experience in my life. I wish it had been recorded.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James Lofton wrote:

Elton John, Slayer, and Skynyrd?

I wish my ears weren't shot or I might consider a farewell or two.  It's just not worth it.

I'm so glad I saw Slayer in 91. That mosh pit was unlike anything I'll ever experience in my life. I wish it had been recorded.

Very good. Right on the money.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Chains like Kmart, Sears, Pennys will go under....and so will most malls.

Toys R Us is closing shop. I think it's just the beginning & wby the end of 2019 the 3 you mentioned will have followed suit, along with many that dwindle their store count in half (Macys).

James

James wrote:

Looks like Facebook is in major trouble although I don't know if its going to die. They are too entrenched in everyones daily life.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I do think 1 very large internet behemoth will struggle/fail within 5 or so years. Just a complete mis-read of the future or PR disaster. Google seems pretty fullproof, especially with Youtube TV. However people might get sick of the tracing & advertising targeting. Amazon obviously is going to gut this countries economy worse than Walmart.

IMHO it'll be Twitter/FB/Uber/Lyft or some other similar sized company. I think Twitter might get into video/TV & thrive.

Board footer