You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: Blind item on crazydaysandnights.net

deadsouth wrote:
otto wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

When did anyone ever say they would never record an album again??  I remember tons of shit talk between axl/slash but don't recall this exact statement being made.

Reporter clearly asked about touring.. Not recording.

Also, plz not rick rubin...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Rick Rubin producing a (self-titled) Guns album, then?

Sounds like a reasonable guess, but I won't hold my breath.

Next Lifetime starts now!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I want Mike Clink with the production quality of the spaghetti incident

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I liked WOF production. I’d take Baskette. Really excited to hear what he does with Sevendust, actually.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I want Mike Clink with the production quality of the spaghetti incident

haha....is this a joke? It's hard to tell because Spaghetti incident is not really a well known Gn'R production. Personally, I like a lotta the songs on that album...Black Leather and Down on the Farm...

Just never thought of it as universally recognized for anything good.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think SG has been fairly consistent with his take on TSI? production. Not a joke.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

TSI sounds great.

I think it's under-loved because it's all covers at a time we wanted originals, but SG is right, the mix is fantastic, you can really hear everything going on with the band. Much more so than on the earlier albums.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I want Lindsey Buckingham ha.

Rick Rubin would be a decent choice.

Don't recycle some producer from the past. Get someone new.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

That doesn't sound like Axl.

I thought that at first.

But then he seems to have suffered pretty hard during the CD process being in total control.

Likewise in one of the chats or interviews about CD he mentioned how he became the producer only because of issues with the label.  The impression I got was that it was somewhat reluctantly that he ended up defacto-producing himself.

Additionally in relation to Ac/Dc he spoke that he loved that angus was his boss, he seemed to enjoy the break from total responsibility.

I mean I can't see him handing over the reigns of the whole GNR ship to someone. But I could see given the torturous process the last album was - and given the need for them to co-operate in the future for more tours and the real risk recording might bring up old disputes - that the concept of appointing some type of umpire to deal with disagreement might seem tempting.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If it isn’t Mike Clink, I would love for GNR to maybe talk with Bob Rock. One of the finest Hard Rock producers ever.

And yes, on TSI I loved the mix. Sorum sounded huge and Slash’s tone and this Mix on Ain’t It Fun was damn perfect. Sonically it is THE best GNR sounding album.

Board footer